+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Stormcaller Update

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    Not much will reset in 3.0 actually. Masteries won't suddenly turn dps specs inside out. They might adjust things here and there, but I expect them to be more of an upgrade to current specs than something groundbreaking. You will have enough of pyro, you can be sure of that.
    come to think of what was said about Masteries, "They will change how you play your soul" how likely is it that the reason they are pushing turret rotations is that there may be a mastery to somehow offer a form of channel/cast while move?

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Wardcalis View Post
    come to think of what was said about Masteries, "They will change how you play your soul" how likely is it that the reason they are pushing turret rotations is that there may be a mastery to somehow offer a form of channel/cast while move?
    whats the point of creating a turret spec to receive more dps than a mobile spec and then making it mobile again with the help of masteries? that would mean that all mobile specs need a dps increase through masteries as well. in the end all specs would be the same again, similar mobility, similar dps.

when you can move while casting why having cast times at all? in some games you can move while casting but very slowly, not sure if that would be any help here.

Plane Touched

Question...how does the now nerfed SC/Ele compared to Warlock in DPS?

I havent done any recent parsing with stormmentalist, but stormbringer is parsing ahead of warlock.
    Last edited by IllusiveEQ; 07-10-2014 at 08:03 AM.
    Illusive - EQ - retired, Illu - EQ2 - retired
    Illusive - Vanguard SoH - retired
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired
    IllusiveEQ - Rift - current

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #695
    Rift Team

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know that my intention is for the Stormcaller changes to go out with next weeks hotfix. The holiday last week and some other things unrelated to Stormcaller threw enough delay into things that it didn't make it into yesterday's hotfix. I'll let you know if anything comes up that would cause the soul update to miss next week.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know that my intention is for the Stormcaller changes to go out with next weeks hotfix. The holiday last week and some other things unrelated to Stormcaller threw enough delay into things that it didn't make it into yesterday's hotfix. I'll let you know if anything comes up that would cause the soul update to miss next week.
    Is Harbinger next on your list after Pyro?
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Xirxe View Post
    whats the point of creating a turret spec to receive more dps than a mobile spec and then making it mobile again with the help of masteries? that would mean that all mobile specs need a dps increase through masteries as well. in the end all specs would be the same again, similar mobility, similar dps.

when you can move while casting why having cast times at all? in some games you can move while casting but very slowly, not sure if that would be any help here.
    I can totally see them creating a tier where you get to pick between

Cast while moving
    All spells 1sec gcd
    40% cast time reduction

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey all,

Great news! Been looking forward to the sc revamp. I don't think the class balance devs get enough praise so job well done.
    Last edited by IllusiveEQ; 07-10-2014 at 09:20 AM.
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Wardcalis View Post
    I can totally see them creating a tier where you get to pick between

Cast while moving
    All spells 1sec gcd
    40% cast time reduction
    More likely x% to not interrupt a cast by moving. It tiers upward towards 25%. This would allow casting specs to move when absolutely needed without completely killing them but still make movement not optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Is Harbinger next on your list after Pyro?
    I think one of the main reasons for the pyro overhaul wasn't just for pyro, but for pyrochon. Without these changes 61 archon couldn't get a proper overhaul as anything before would still rely on double lava field.

I know the goal is to get a lot of the extra large skill sets down a little, and I think archon definitely fits the bill to be worked on next. Of course I think it'd only be worked on if the warrior dev is ready to work on beastmaster at the same time. Or maybe they'll do archon first, and beastmaster second so its power can be build in relation to the new archon. We'll see.

Harb is already in a better spot with these new stormcaller changes. The damage is really awesome. I wouldn't be suprised if they see how that is live before harb sees many changes.

I think the main change our mages would love to see with harb however is a 50% cooldown reduction on EA, even i fthat means a 50% reduction in its up time, and a cooldown reduction on some of EAs abilities, even if that means a reduction its damages as well. Its meant to be bursty, but EA comes with defensive benefits as well, and a cooldown reduction with corresponding balance will help us use it more for such as well.

Also hoping possession in necromancer gets an overhaul for the tanky and rogue pet. Possession for both of those are not worth. Tanky possession should allow, say a necro to tank a boss for 10 seconds while we wait to get a tank back up, and the zealot should help us enhance our ST DPS more than our AOE pet.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 07-10-2014 at 09:28 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by IllusiveEQ View Post
    Great news! Been looking forward to the sc revamp. I don't think the class balance devs get enough praise so job well done.
    I have to agree with this one. It has taken a while but this 1 tree creates a lot of new builds for both PvP and PvE, ST and AOE, Healing and DPS. I wonder how other classes will receive their new mage overlords. Well done Kervik!

I guess I better start writing some guides

Excellent. Time to learn some new roles and make new synergy.

Anyone got a favourite?
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

I am very very excited! Stormcaller is definitely a very well done mage soul now that its all balanced out. Very glad to have it back. I have missed stormcaller so much!

This changes my current roles a little bit come wednesday.

My chloro will go 10 stormcaller instead of arbitor (10%sp, 5% crit, plus more damage, plus movemet speed CD, not to mention living storm every 16 seconds on AOE heavy fights adds lots of healing...not much at all for ST fights though).

My stormcaller will turn into a cannon.

Dom I can pair with stormcaller a bit better since talents that went into making forked lightning hit more can be spent elsewhere.

Stormcaller pairng with Harbinger is very very nice!

Stormcaller pairing with arb, even 61 arb is nice now! Forked lightning will help us tank from ranged even more, even AOE tanking. That is one area that mages will shine is the AOE tanking ability, though its all triggered by us, not some passive overhealing thingy so I think its in the right place.

Stormcaller/chloro spec is actually a really good AOE solo spec now.

Question to devs: After stormcaller goes live, are we going to have another round of submitting new soul builds for templates? Or will we wait till closer to 2.8 to wait for the other changes like pyro, reaver, warrior tank specs...and maybe others to finalize themselves on the PTS? I would definitely like to submit my PTS stormchloro solo build and a beast AOE chloro healing with stormcaller build. Having those templates up to date is critical for new players I think, specially since new players rely on them so much for introduction.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 07-10-2014 at 10:37 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Intim View Post
    Anyone got a favourite?
    Stormalist because it has some PvP application as well as giving Warlock a run for it's money in PvE.

P.S. I finished the raw version of the guide for that spec

Quote Originally Posted by Intim View Post
    Anyone got a favourite?
    Well 61 sc is my favorite
    Second is Callbiter, will be fun to experiment with it in pvp.
    Third is Stormbringer
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired

+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 LastLast