+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Stormcaller Update

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Allmightyone View Post
    Mages shouldn't be about sacrificing range and mobility for top PvE dps or be that vulnerable to purges and cleanse in PvP... I like the idea that my best spec won't only be viable on an immobile mini-boss.
    you are right, that would probably be another spec in the long list of useless specs we already have atm.
    a turret style range will be a challenge to play, a turret style melee only be fun to watch, lol.

Rift Disciple

any Eta when those changes will hit live ?
    Furthermore have a look into that 41sc/32 arb/ 3 harb hybrid.
    I think the spec is totally awesome as well as totally overpowered for single target damage.
    (doing nearly 6-8k more dps then my warlock) while having 8k additional health while being melee. It performs quite well on range too though.

So as expected really SC changes did not make it into the patch. Can we get any info when that will happen or at least what adjustments to the soul are there gonna be? Unless somebody can share some inside info ^^

Sword of Telara

will be interesting to see how to nerf hybrids without nerfing sc as well.
    maybe by nerfing skills below 45p and pushing skills above 45p in sc.

lets keep fingers crossed that there will be an easy solution to that. we not have much time left to play with all the new specs til 3.0 arrives with 2.9 being skipped....

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #545
    Rift Team

There are still some tweaks that will be happening to hopefully bring some of the more overpowered builds into line. Several of the changes are in and just waiting for a PTS update for you guys to get your hands on them. However, there have been some issues lately with getting updates out to PTS so I'm not sure at the moment when the next update will be.

Slowing things down a bit more, I'll be out of the office next week, so the earliest I could see the Stormcaller changes hitting live would be the hotfix on July 9. I'll do what I can to get things ready for that hotfix, but no promises there. I'd rather have things in a better state and delay it a bit more than have to throw out nerfs as soon as it hits live.

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    There are still some tweaks that will be happening to hopefully bring some of the more overpowered builds into line. Several of the changes are in and just waiting for a PTS update for you guys to get your hands on them. However, there have been some issues lately with getting updates out to PTS so I'm not sure at the moment when the next update will be.

Slowing things down a bit more, I'll be out of the office next week, so the earliest I could see the Stormcaller changes hitting live would be the hotfix on July 9. I'll do what I can to get things ready for that hotfix, but no promises there. I'd rather have things in a better state and delay it a bit more than have to throw out nerfs as soon as it hits live.
    I was optimistic that it would hit live sooner, but I understand and am sure others do as well.

Looking forward to testing the changes once they hit PTS.
    Adaiii <-Vendetta->

Telaran

Could you give us a list of the changes kervik?

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #548
    Rift Team

I think the main ones that are waiting for the next update are:
    • Reduced the damage of Icicle. This isn't a large reduction, but I'll keep an eye on how it impacts the various builds using it.
    • Reduced the damage bonus for Forked Lightning from Storm Armor to 150%.

Shield of Telara

nerf incoming

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    I think the main ones that are waiting for the next update are:
    • Reduced the damage of Icicle. This isn't a large reduction, but I'll keep an eye on how it impacts the various builds using it.
    • Reduced the damage bonus for Forked Lightning from Storm Armor to 150%.
    I suggest to test it in PvP as well against equally geared players, because if it end like pre-nerf tempest there will be a lot of tears. While dmg in PvE might be fine, in PvP it can lead to serious scaling issues, especially in lower brackets.

1. How long it takes to bring down someone who's bussy hiting someone else (surprise sitautions)
    2. How often most dmging abilities can be used (basically delay between dps increase shouldn't be lower than 15sec)
    3. How tanky and mobile it is and how much utility it offer in the same time.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

forked lightning with storm armour is affected by instanced pvp AOE damage reductions

so yeah dont worry rogues, you wont have to worry about a stormcaller killing you

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    forked lightning with storm armour is affected by instanced pvp AOE damage reductions

so yeah dont worry rogues, you wont have to worry about a stormcaller killing you
    Question: Are the Cabalist AOE skills (toggled to ST) affect by this as well?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Allmightyone View Post
    Mages shouldn't be about sacrificing range and mobility for top PvE dps or be that vulnerable to purges and cleanse in PvP... I like the idea that my best spec won't only be viable on an immobile mini-boss.
    It isn't a amtter of what Mage's should or should not have to sacrifice, but rather what other specs sacrifice in relation to a Mage spec.

I run around on my MM making life horrible for whomever I focus upon, I should not have the same burst capability as a Pyro with how mobile I am.
    If you have little mobility, I'd expect you to be able to blow stuff up in short order.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    It isn't a amtter of what Mage's should or should not have to sacrifice, but rather what other specs sacrifice in relation to a Mage spec.

I run around on my MM making life horrible for whomever I focus upon, I should not have the same burst capability as a Pyro with how mobile I am.
    If you have little mobility, I'd expect you to be able to blow stuff up in short order.
    the issue is that ppl are very sensitive when it comes to burst / big damage numbers but completely ignore all the rest like mobility, mitigation, utility etc..
    all the bad players who cant use los, interrupts, silences etc. properly will qq about an immobile pyro that killed them with 3-4 hits.

@xallista
    a very good question. are cab aoe skills considered being st in pvp when toggled to st? if yes, sc needs the same change for pvp.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xirxe View Post
    the issue is that ppl are very sensitive when it comes to burst / big damage numbers but completely ignore all the rest like mobility, mitigation, utility etc..
    all the bad players who cant use los, interrupts, silences etc. properly will qq about an immobile pyro that killed them with 3-4 hits.

@xallista
    a very good question. are cab aoe skills considered being st in pvp when toggled to st? if yes, sc needs the same change for pvp.
    That's true and it's very similar in other games. Im pretty sure lot's of ppl played Counter Strike or seen the game play at least. AWP in CS 1.6 required good aiming, standing still (moving or jumping while shooting even by a little would make you miss)

Good player with AWP was annoying as hell. It was the same with pre-nerf Tempest and it's hybrids because burst (especially on ranged specs) limit the time which you have to counter it.

If in situation 1, MM (lowest ranged dps in the game) throw all his burst at player who's not expecting him it will take at most 1/3 of his HP and then create a several second delay before free recoil and rapid fire shot is up for another burst.

New and below average players will have more than enough time to pop their cds and run closer to their healers. Those healers will also have more time to select and heal them.

If in situation 2, Pyro or SC hybrid throw all their burst it may even kill target if his EHP is below 30k (when lucky with crits). If you seen some Meduza videos there was few moments when he got lucky crits and even 30k rogues died in seconds.

It is not important how mobile the spec is, because it all comes down to surprise effect and the result of it. Ppl wont care that spec have less mobility they just dont want to be killed out of nowhere in seconds.

That's why it would be better if mages get similar mobilty and rather sustain dps instead of burst. Less QQ from playerbase = less pvp nerfs in future.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 ... LastLast