+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Stormcaller Update

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    so new SC will be just another version of Warlock?
    No. It will be our new trash spec + CQ spec and MAYBE Akylios / Queen / FT Twins IF the single target dps is increased. Keep an eye on the hybrids though. Stormbinger and SC/Ele have some solid potential.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    so new SC will be just another version of Warlock?
    Does being stupid come naturally to you, or do you have to regularly train?

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #378
    Rift Team

As a heads up for people, yesterday's PTS update had some fixes and updates for Stormcaller in it.
    • Storm Armor should now only affect single target abilities.
    • Storm Armor now increases Forked Lightning damage by 200%.
    • Raging Storm now generates 5 Charge per second. Up from 3.
    • Increased the duration of Storm Locus to 60s.

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    As a heads up for people, yesterday's PTS update had some fixes and updates for Stormcaller in it.
    Great stuff. I think the only tweak that ST will need after that is a charge reduction cost on Icicle.

Plane Touched

Kervik, any considerations for Storm Locus' primary target to always get the full debuff? Or perhaps even make it part of Storm Armor's effect to make it a ST debuff?

The only thing missing to make the class complete is some CD that lets us gain 3-5 stacks of Conductive Medium IMO. Right now it takes at least 6secs (7.5 counting the last GCD) to rebuild it back to 5 stacks if you lose it somehow (and cannot get out of combat).

An ST electrified consumer would be good too.

Thanks for the updates!
    Last edited by Xallista; 06-04-2014 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xallista View Post
    An ST electrified consumer would be good too.
    That's not going to happen. This is counter productive to Voltaic Strength. ST will be a very simple rotation without too many mechanics to worry about.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #382
    Rift Team

Have some more updates on the way for Stormcaller:
    • Reduced the Charge cost of Icicle to 15.
    • Reduced the Charge cost of Hailstorm to 25.
    • Restored Wind Chill as a 16 point root ability. It is no longer affected by the global cooldown.
    • Restored Icy Vortex as a 45 point root ability. It is no longer affected by the global cooldown.
    • New ability: Cyclone - Pulls up to 8 enemies (5 in PVP) to the target's location. Interrupts and removes 1 buff from affected enemies. Counts as an area effect ability. 2 min cooldown. Affected by cooldown reductions from Self Sustaining. 35 point root ability.

• Restored Wind Chill as a 16 point root ability. It is no longer affected by the global cooldown.
    • Restored Icy Vortex as a 45 point root ability. It is no longer affected by the global cooldown.
    • New ability: Cyclone - Pulls up to 8 enemies (5 in PVP) to the target's location. Interrupts and removes 1 buff from affected enemies. Counts as an area effect ability. 2 min cooldown. Affected by cooldown reductions from Self Sustaining. 35 point root ability.
    er.. very nice changes!
    Last edited by Nnnxia; 06-04-2014 at 05:21 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Allmightyone View Post
    That's not going to happen. This is counter productive to Voltaic Strength. ST will be a very simple rotation without too many mechanics to worry about.
    It isn't counterproductive when you get to use Static Flux every 15s for both the damage and 5x electrified stacks. And now that we are getting a interrupt/purge debuff that can be refreshed by SS mechanics, there is even more reason for an ST Electrified Consumer.

Kind of bummed that Icy Vortex is a 45pt root, but eh, I guess it would have made hybrids too strong at 1-40.

Feedback on updated ST rotation:

Averaging 27k dps in dummy foundry in live gear.

The rotation that gave me the most dps ended up being weaving in perfect storm, Eye of the storm, and hailstorm, using static flux just before raging storm, keeping 5 electrify stacks up the whole time.

I was able to keep all listed abilities on cooldown, and using forked lightning as a filler with the normal charge gain.

I am still not using icicle in the st rotation as it seems to be a dps loss over using eye, perfect storm, and hail storm.

The st rotation is very static and very immobile.

I want to test a charge gain 5 lock or 15 arb hybrid and see if It allows weaving in icicle to offset the loss in dps/spellpower from a 5 harb 10 arb hybrid
    Illusive - EQ - retired, Illu - EQ2 - retired
    Illusive - Vanguard SoH - retired
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired
    IllusiveEQ - Rift - current

Quote Originally Posted by IllusiveEQ View Post
    Feedback on updated ST rotation:

Averaging 27k dps in dummy foundry in live gear.

The rotation that gave me the most dps ended up being weaving in perfect storm, Eye of the storm, and hailstorm, using static flux just before raging storm, keeping 5 electrify stacks up the whole time.

I was able to keep all listed abilities on cooldown, and using forked lightning as a filler with the normal charge gain.

I am still not using icicle in the st rotation as it seems to be a dps loss over using eye, perfect storm, and hail storm.

The st rotation is very static and very immobile.

I want to test a charge gain 5 lock or 15 arb hybrid and see if It allows weaving in icicle to offset the loss in dps/spellpower from a 5 harb 10 arb hybrid
    I'm a doofus, I forgot to weave in lightning field just before static flux for additional charge gain and aoe cooldown reductions.

Need to work some more on rotation, but getting higher dps using it once before static flux comes off cd
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired

Okay so after using lightning field before every static flux it totally turns the rotation into a priority based system.

Its a little bit better rotation in terms of its dynamics.

I am averaging just under 29k ST dps in live gear in dummy foundry.

Still not using icicle as perfect storm, eye of the storm and hail storm are better dps especially with their cooldown reductions using lightning field + static flux combo.

As much as I hate RNG, I think it would be nice to add a proc to storm armor that makes icicle instant cast and consume no charge, or add some kind of stack count that once you get to a certain point it makes it instant cast with no charge cost.
    Last edited by IllusiveEQ; 06-04-2014 at 06:36 PM.
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired

Quote Originally Posted by IllusiveEQ View Post
    Okay so after using lightning field before every static flux it totally turns the rotation into a priority based system.

Its a little bit better rotation in terms of its dynamics.

I am averaging just under 29k ST dps in live gear in dummy foundry.

Still not using icicle as perfect storm, eye of the storm and hail storm are better dps especially with their cooldown reductions using lightning field + static flux combo.

As much as I hate RNG, I think it would be nice to add a proc to storm armor that makes icicle instant cast and consume no charge, or add some kind of stack count that once you get to a certain point it makes it instant cast with no charge cost.
    I'm very curious to know what your parse breakdown looks like. So far you're being very cryptic about everything you're doing. You're not saying anything about the gear you're using or what your rotation is. Please show some breakdowns and a screenshot of your gear + stats. Thanks.

Finally some utility for SC! Several comments/ suggestions:

Wind Chill. Please consider making its angle 180/360 degrees (so it is easier to catch the melee who will definitely just run around you to give you a hard time trying to kb them). Current live version has just too little radius and too little range (mb it is just me, but it's much easier to use Warden's Crushing Waves than SC's Wind Chill)

Cyclone. Please add a short (3-5 sec) root effect and remove its purge. I don't think SC needs an AoE purge, it needs an AoE root much more, and it will be unique for the soul. As now the SC has 2(3) main GTAE damaging abilities which are very visible and can be easily avoided in PVP, SC should be given a tool to force people stay in his GTAEs at least some time. 2 mn CD will be justified then too. Its radius should also be bigger than the radius of SC's usual GTAEs to make it actually useful.

Will you consider adding AoE debilitate to SC? (2 of 3 other AoE souls have it, even 3 of 4, if you take Dominator into account)
    Last edited by VolsalexR; 06-04-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VolsalexR View Post
    Cyclone. Please add a short (3-5 sec) root effect and remove its purge. I don't think SC needs an AoE purge, it needs an AoE root much more, and it will be unique for the soul. As now the SC has 2(3) main GTAE damaging abilities which are very visible and can be easily avoided in PVP, SC should be given a tool to force people stay in his GTAEs at least some time. 2 mn CD will be justified then too. Its radius should also be bigger than the radius of SC's usual GTAEs to make it actually useful.
    This. The new utility looks great, but a purge feels just so out of place in sc, i'd rather have a root or some ultra heavy slow. Remember when we had 70% slows in classic? Would be cool to get something like that back.

Also i think icy vortex and cyclone should have their root position swapped, icy vortex will be much more beneficial for hybrids. I guess cyclone will work the same as maelstrom, thus making it pretty useless against a single target, and the lack of self sustain usage in hybrids will make the long cd of the purge component pretty unattractive. Icy vortex on the other hand... well i don't think i need to explain how valuable it can be, especially in pvp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast