+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Time for answers...

Default Time for answers...

Why is AP being nerfed when sab and the new cab spec have better CC than any Mage?
    Why was burning fury nerfed?
    Why do we have the lowest crit rating across all the callings?
    What is being done to address the complexity of some mage specs vs other callings?
    Why do we have less armor/ inability to deflect/ dodge ect. If we are expected to melee like others?
    Why is the dev planning to address the hybrid archon builds when so many other specs need much more attention? Ex. SC

And lastly, what does it take to get a simple response?

Ascendant

I'll add another one for you:
    Why are only the callings susceptible to interrupts also severely hindered by cleansing?

Plane Walker

Why are clerics getting even more changes when cab is still not done?

So many questions. A response would be nice... Even sent PM's with the same questions but no response.

Quote Originally Posted by Learan View Post
    Why is AP being nerfed when sab and the new cab spec have better CC than any Mage?
    because AP is out of control? Sab and cab have better utility now because of the changes. I'm sure something will be done about them, too, or the devs will not hear any end of rage

because it was being used for literally every spec, including chloromancer. burning fury was nerfed to provide more reason for flexibility.

because burning fury got nerfed

What is being done to address the complexity of some mage specs vs other callings?
    nothing, kervik's busy

Why do we have less armor/ inability to deflect/ dodge ect. If we are expected to melee like others?
    because you wear cloth. harbinger also gets a lot of avoidance stats

Why is the dev planning to address the hybrid archon builds
    because they're an outlier. pyrochon and harbchon weren't foreseen when support balance was done awhile back

when so many other specs need much more attention? Ex. SC
    probably because it's easier. If you have two tasks: one that will take 2 hours and one that will take 2 days, which would you do first?

Patience, I guess. Kervik's working on three souls right now
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

Sword of Telara

what ive learned from the last half a year is that the most important thing a calling needs is a dev who updates specs regulary. an updated spec means you are not going subpar slowly (like pyro for example).

with 2.7. you can play any role with all the callings (with minor exceptions), its not about the calling anymore, its now about the dev imho.

ofc i would prefer playing a complex spec but in the end i rather do top dps by min/maxing a simple spec than close to top by min/maxing a complex one.

btw the most overused word in the last 6 months is "patience".

Shield of Telara

It just boggles my mind how some classes / souls can be neglected for so long and have absolutely nothing done to balance them. When the dev's show up to work in the morning, what do they do for 8hrs? Because actually balancing souls doesn't seem to fit into their daily planner. When Trion decides to bring an outdated soul back up to par it's usually done with sweeping changes to playstyle that largely isn't necessary when all you really had to do was spend 20 minutes and tweak the dps values of some of the abilities.

I heart office space

Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    It just boggles my mind how some classes / souls can be neglected for so long and have absolutely nothing done to balance them. When the dev's show up to work in the morning, what do they do for 8hrs? Because actually balancing souls doesn't seem to fit into their daily planner. When Trion decides to bring an outdated soul back up to par it's usually done with sweeping changes to playstyle that largely isn't necessary when all you really had to do was spend 20 minutes and tweak the dps values of some of the abilities.

I heart office space
    Hard to fathom, but the lack of action leads me to believe that they think it's balanced.

The lack off communication to their player base however, is merely ineptitude.
    Fiveball@wolfsbane - Mage
    Tenball@wolfsbane - Rogue

We've been asking this, and saying this in regards to no communication, for over 6months. I would say I'm begining to wonder, but no, it's pretty clear now; Trion and/or Kervik seem to be holding a grudge. The last three threads, that were almost exactly like this, within the last couple months should have had their/his attention. Beyond pathetic.

1. I have no idea and I am crying, too.

2. Because people complained of being pigeon-holed into Pyro for everything: pushback reduction, cast time reduction, Burning Fury. It's worth pointing out that the nerf to Burning Fury coincided with some really nifty changes to our low-point investments in other souls. Mages are arguably the most versatile calling below 15 points (though a lot of that has to do with Dom).

3. Because Burning Fury was nerfed, and was our crutch. Which was why it was nerfed, but it's definitely a problem that nothing was created to replace it for most of our souls. The good news is that our most-recently-buffed soul, Warlock, got a big +% crit buff in Defile, so hopefully that's a sign of things to come.

4. Nothing on the Mage end. Mages are more complex than other callings and always have been and that's why a lot of Mages play Mages. The issue right now is that the payoff for that complexity is insufficient, and that our very-easy-specs are not up to par. We need lots of love, there's no disagreement about that.

5. This is coming, as I'm sure you know, in the next major patch. And Harb has a ton of avoidance quite low in the tree. Harbinger's survivability is actually not out of line with souls like Shaman and Paragon. The issue is that Harbinger's damage is bad, and the outliers like Warlord and Nightblade with too much survivability.

6. On this one, there has been quite a bit of misinformation. Glory to Stormcaller.

I am frustrated, too. PvP is the least fun right now that it has ever been in this game, for me. What it comes down to is that Trion does not have the resources it once did. There are two class devs instead of four. Kervik's responsibilities encompass more than just being a class dev, too. There are a number of design goals they have to reach for the forthcoming release of the new souls.

It's easy to be mad and bluster that Kervik just doesn't give a ****, but really, it's more complex than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    It's easy to be mad and bluster that Kervik just doesn't give a ****, but really, it's more complex than that.
    More complex? Not in my opinion. If it's not Kervik deliberately choosing to work on one calling over another, then the answer is simple. It's Trion. Whichever higher ups are pulling his strings and allocating his time, they simply do not give a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    More complex? Not in my opinion. If it's not Kervik deliberately choosing to work on one calling over another, then the answer is simple. It's Trion. Whichever higher ups are pulling his strings and allocating his time, they simply do not give a ****.
    Either he (or the puppet master) doesn't care or he's truly swamped, in which case they need to hire somebody to help with the work load. Anyway you look at it something has got to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Allmightyone View Post
    Either he (or the puppet master) doesn't care or he's truly swamped, in which case they need to hire somebody to help with the work load. Anyway you look at it something has got to change.
    Yea, even if the issue is that he's swamped, that means it's on higher ups.

Ascendant

AP was going to have the ability to disarm and not only silence. Since this makes it twice as powerful, a nerf was done.
    I believe it was due to burning fury being so greatly desired that every DPS spec went for it.
    Mage's do not get many crit percent modifiers.
    Paragon for example, gets a possible modifier of over 40% in some cases I believe.
    Mage's are not very complex.
    Warlock is; and correct me if I am wrong; the highest DPS ranged spec but is also one of the easiest specs in the game to play.

Why do we have less armor?
    Cloth provides a lower armor value
    / inability to deflect/
    Rogues cannot deflect unless they use defensive stance from Riftstalker.
    Clerics cannot block without a shield.
    Warrior's cannot block without a shield.

Mage does not have a shield, ergo it cannot block/deflect.
    Mage also does not have a Defensive stance, so deflect cannot be active for them.
    Let alone that deflect relies upon dexterity, so Mage's have no ability to gain a meaningful amount of deflect.

Given that Arbiter is going to be the tanking soul for mages and enables deflecting for them, this question is pointless and simply irritating to
    dodge ect. If we are expected to melee like others?
    Harbinger has 10% dodge innately.
    It gains another 10% from blazing light.
    You gain an additional 40% essence of wind.

Harbinger s your melee spec.

Why is the dev planning to address the hybrid archon builds when so many other specs need much more attention? Ex. SC
    Primarily because Archon hybrids are significantly better than 61 Archon.
    Stormcaller in itself would require dedicated attention, something that cannot be afforded as easily as altering hybrids.

Someone who is not busy doing their job.
    If I were in Kervik's position, I would not wish to answer people who were inconsiderate to realize that I am busy working on the things people complain about.

Would you want to deal with someone while you were busy at work whose desire was to voice their complaints? Complaints that are easily answered by reading tooltips?
    Frankly, demanding that Kervik heed your demands/questions and catching a fit when he doesn't is immature and inconsiderate.
    In the past he had more free time as there was another dev working on Clerics, now he has to do the work for Clerics AND Mages on top of it.
    Last edited by Katosu; 03-29-2014 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Frankly, demanding that Kervik heed your demands/questions and catching a fit when he doesn't is immature and inconsiderate.
    Eight months of ineptitude doesn't justify an outcry? Excuse me, apparently I'm way off base. When are we allowed to convey our outrage then? Is the one year marker good enough? Or should we suffer an entire expansion like level 50 clerics? Clearly 8months is too soon. Please, feel free to tell me when I've put up with enough ****.

Additionally, please take note that these comments are directed at Kervik AND/OR the men at Trion that decide what he gets to spend his time on. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast