+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 95
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Time for answers...

  1. #31
    Plane Touched Belorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Let's not bother with Katosu here, we're drifting way of the initial questions presented by the OP. It's obvious Katosu doesn't own nor has ever played a mage, has trouble controlling his 2 button rogue and is still being outparsed by first time necrolists.

    That being said.. a reply from a Dev addressing some of the major issues and questionable nerfs, where other callings don't seem to suffer from, would be a step in the right direction. It's not that mages can't be viable anymore.. it's more that our options to be viable are so limited lately whereas this was completely different pre-SL.
    Last Dawn @ Zaviel
    Shifthappens - 50 Cleric || Omfgkittens - 60 Mage

  2. #32
    RIFT Guide Writer NotTrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allmightyone View Post
    As a cleric that used to try to compete as a dps I can tell you that the current mage situation is no where near that threshold. We need a buff to Harbinger and Pyromancer to compete with every other classes' ST dps but that's it as far as being a mage dps in a raid goes.
    The only thing I compared between lvl 50 cleric and current mage is the lengthy period of time that both had been neglected. That is not a stretch, by any means. The *disparity* between cleric dps then and mage st now is not as eye opening, you're 100% right and I don't disagree. But I was not speaking on the disparity. My question was how long we have to suffer, before we get any substantial attention. Feel free to give me that answer, in place of Katosu, if you'd like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Allmightyone View Post
    But yes an outcry is justified. Just not to the extent you are making it to be.
    Sorry, but, if you took at look at other like threads in the last two months in which I replied you'll notice my responses there were much more tempered. They didn't take notice then, so why should I maintain the same level of temperament? It's becoming ridiculous, but the only way to be heard in these kind of situations is to yell louder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Disagreement on design choices does not inept make.
    Disagreement on design choices? No, outright neglect, hence ineptitude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Yeah. You are.
    Yet there are multiple threads(not created by me), saying the same thing(perhaps not to the degree of my last two posts), with multiple posters agreeing. Your opinion is that mages are fine? Then you literally have your eyes closed to the issues that plague the calling. There are a few bright points, but many more glaring issues. Even more if we delve into pvp concerns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Oh word?
    Are you REALLY trying to compare the issues Clerics have had to Mage's?
    Now you are being very dramatic.
    Dramatic? Perhaps, but it caught your eye. If you look at my response to Heartbeat I only compared the duration of neglect to that of level 50 clerics, not the severity of disparity from calling to calling. Read the words that I type.

  3. #33
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lannisterxx View Post
    If you're not going to make your reply open to discussion in a public forum. Then don't make the reply in the first place.
    Which I didn't say either.
    You are misinterpreting what I stated.
    My posts are quite open to discussion, but I would appreciate it if you actually addressed what was said, and not what you think was said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lannisterxx View Post
    Anyway. My prob is how long it takes kervik to get work done + lack of communication + Trion is a gaming company with a decent sized community of players that ask questions and should get answers.
    TO be fair, Kervik's work burden increased double with Cleric.
    It also icnreased again with new souls because they need to be balanced relative to the rest of the game. You cannot throw something in and leave it at that, it needs to be tested with many different changes. This takes a large amount of time, and Trion does not possess the resources Blizzard does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lannisterxx View Post
    I can understand ignoring rants of rage and off the wall threads. But when someone makes a thread asking questions without being a total jerk about it. Then they deserve answers. But not answering those threads over extended periods of time makes rage threads fair game because the lack of communication builds more and more rage.
    Nothing justifies rage. Ever.
    As soon as you begin making angry posts that essentially demand answers, then you're simply shooting yourself in the foot.
    Part of why Atrius disliked dealing with the Warrior community was because of how explosive they were in their behavior.
    No dev wants to deal with a community where every single action is interpreted as wrong.
    It takes time away from development, and really we shouldn't require Daglar to come in and explain why Kervik is so busy again.
    That is something anyone who has worked a day in their life would understand.


    Quote Originally Posted by Learan View Post
    You are a troll because you have contributed nothing to this thread.
    False. Contribution is more than simply nodding one's head in agreement. What you are seeking is people who will agree with you, share the same ideas you do, and justify what you feel.

    Sorry, I am not so sympathetic.
    Moving on.


    Quote Originally Posted by Learan View Post
    Is you main even a mage?
    Don't need to. I am quite sure if I bothered to I could slap on some PTS gear and bring about some of the highest parses for Harb.
    AH wait...I did...and several of my ideas were used by Kervik for buffing the Mage calling.

    I just cannot compete with you Mage mains.


    Quote Originally Posted by Learan View Post
    Also, you state that he is working on mage " souls" he is working on one, and the only reason we are getting attention to it is because all the souls are being released at the same time in 2.7 otherwise we would still continue to be ignored. We should be able to enjoy the any aspect of the game without being punished due to game unbalance. If the dev cannot make the time to fix our class then Trion can at least communicate to us why. Try harder...

    Punished? No one is slapping you on the hand for the actions you take.
    Furthermore, no, he is not just working on a single soul.
    He has to balance Arbiter with respect to SC, Pyro, Harb, Dom, Lock, Chloro etc etc.
    He also needs to balance Oracle in respect to their Cleric souls.
    He has also been working on Justicar to balance them out further.
    Oh and Cabalist...and Druid.
    Oh and he is working in tandem with Vladd for the design of the souls compared to Warrior and Rogue's.

    At the very least you could fake some sympthathy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Belorian View Post
    t's obvious Katosu doesn't own nor has ever played a mage,
    Code:
    TYPE                  DAMAGE     ENCDPS     AVERAGE    MEDIAN  MINHIT  MAXHIT  RESIST    HITS   SWINGS  TOHIT   CRIT%  
    All                   7,843,356  25,715.92  4,682.60   2,155   1,061   51,396  All       1,675  1,687   99.29   39%    
    Rending Slash         1,183,969  3,881.87   12,869.23  10,782  9,405   16,637  Air       92     92      100.00  48%    
    Shocking Touch        803,880    2,635.67   22,330.00  19,470  16,466  30,732  Air       36     36      100.00  33%    
    Vorpal Slash          753,849    2,471.64   2,564.11   1,449   1,185   13,406  Life      294    294     100.00  41%    
    Vile Spores           709,335    2,325.69   2,919.07   2,143   1,289   11,409  Life      243    243     100.00  41%    
    Tempest Winds         703,978    2,308.12   14,978.25  15,573  9,346   31,309  Air       47     47      100.00  43%    
    Lightning Blade       597,344    1,958.50   1,952.11   1,673   1,365   2,645   Air       306    306     100.00  39%    
    Storm's Fury          565,791    1,855.05   18,859.70  20,772  13,512  24,299  Air       30     30      100.00  50%    
    Dancing Limbs         518,154    1,698.87   4,797.72   3,927   3,059   6,075   Unknown   108    120     90.00   49%    
    Lightning Strike      499,011    1,636.10   20,792.13  23,972  14,492  25,811  Air       24     24      100.00  54%    
    Storm Nova            426,935    1,399.79   7,906.20   4,580   2,673   45,081  Air       54     54      100.00  52%    
    Blazing Light         289,033    947.65     1,773.21   1,458   1,311   2,262   Life      163    163     100.00  42%    
    Auto Attack           216,930    711.25     2,383.85   2,283   1,440   4,309   Physical  91     91      100.00  16%    
    Lucent Slash          202,267    663.17     2,661.41   1,775   1,061   8,113   Life      76     76      100.00  50%    
    Energy Beam           147,272    482.86     49,090.67  50,519  45,357  51,396  Air       3      3       100.00  100%   
    Spotter's Order TEST  141,861    465.12     1,447.56   1,450   1,331   1,450   Physical  98     98      100.00  0%     
    Piercing Beam         83,747     274.58     8,374.70   7,300   5,566   11,053  Life      10     10      100.00  40%
    Yeah...Mage's are so hard to play.
    MOving on.

    Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    The only thing I compared between lvl 50 cleric and current mage is the lengthy period of time that both had been neglected. That is not a stretch, by any means. The *disparity* between cleric dps then and mage st now is not as eye opening, you're 100% right and I don't disagree. But I was not speaking on the disparity. My question was how long we have to suffer, before we get any substantial attention. Feel free to give me that answer, in place of Katosu, if you'd like.
    Well to be honest, it really, really, really depends upon the context in which we discuss it.
    In the case of Cleric's? It really was not forgivable for them to deal with those problems for so long.

    In the case of Mage's?
    It is a bit more complicated. Primarily because of the development of the new souls, the burden Kervik has to balance/alter Cleric soul trees and their new souls. So on and so forth.
    If this were say, Vanilla RIFT< and there were 4 devs then I would be in complete agreement that the Mage forum should ask for better communication with their dev.

    Unfortunately given the circumstances and the fact he has posted every now and then in an effort to try and communicate when he has the chance, I really do believe the forum should simply sit still and be patient.

    Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    Sorry, but, if you took at look at other like threads in the last two months in which I replied you'll notice my responses there were much more tempered. They didn't take notice then, so why should I maintain the same level of temperament? It's becoming ridiculous, but the only way to be heard in these kind of situations is to yell louder.
    Primarily because yelling louder often does not work.
    If someone doesn't hear you when you are speaking to them directly, they're not going to hear you when you shout, and f they do then they are more likely to ignore you.
    When people are busy at work they'd frankly rather be left alone to their own devices until they need help.

    It is a stressful job.

    Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    Disagreement on design choices? No, outright neglect, hence ineptitude.
    I would not classify that as being inept.
    Zinbik's design choices were inept because there was tons of data that illustrated how those design choices would not work.

    In this case, simply because it hasn't been worked upon doesn't mean Kervik is inept. Considering that the Mage forums sang his praises back in Vanilla, its clear that at the moment Kervik doesn't communicate because he does not have the opportunity to do so, and cannot work on much because of the requirements placed by his job.

    Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    Your opinion is that mages are fine?
    Where did I state that?
    It is absolutely mind boggling as to how people can generate such ideas on the basis of simply being told "Be patient.".

    This is something I would expect from people who rage about issues that have an emotional basis, not something related to a video game.

    Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    Dramatic? Perhaps, but it caught your eye. If you look at my response to Heartbeat I only compared the duration of neglect to that of level 50 clerics, not the severity of disparity from calling to calling. Read the words that I type.
    Not really, generally I am an argumentative person and frankly, it is disappointing to see the Mage community degenerate to such behavior. It is something I would expect from the Warrior community, not the Mage community.
    Last edited by Katosu; 03-30-2014 at 01:53 AM.

  4. #34
    RIFT Guide Writer Allmightyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    The only thing I compared between lvl 50 cleric and current mage is the lengthy period of time that both had been neglected.
    I get it now it's just not how it came off. However with the rest of your post I understand why it came off that way. That made a lot of sense to me so I'm not really disagreing with it anymore.

    Buff Harb
    Buff Pyro (and change the bottom of the tree so we can get a good 8-10 point subsoul for most of our lackluster builds)

  5. #35
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allmightyone View Post
    I get it now it's just not how it came off. However with the rest of your post I understand why it came off that way. That made a lot of sense to me so I'm not really disagreing with it anymore.

    Buff Harb
    Buff Pyro (and change the bottom of the tree so we can get a good 8-10 point subsoul for most of our lackluster builds)
    I would suggest giving Pyro old BF somewhere high up in the tree if not at 61 points as a passive ability =X

  6. #36
    RIFT Guide Writer Allmightyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Snip
    Who are you and why do you need so many word to say nothing of value?

  7. #37
    RIFT Guide Writer NotTrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Well to be honest, it really, really, really depends upon the context in which we discuss it.
    In the case of Cleric's? It really was not forgivable for them to deal with those problems for so long.
    You seem to think this is a recent issue. People were asking for Harb/Pyro attention(not to mention SC/Ele/Necro) before the recent WL rebalancing, before the new souls were even being worked on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    In the case of Mage's?
    It is a bit more complicated. Primarily because of the development of the new souls, the burden Kervik has to balance/alter Cleric soul trees and their new souls. So on and so forth.
    If this were say, Vanilla RIFT< and there were 4 devs then I would be in complete agreement that the Mage forum should ask for better communication with their dev.
    You act like him working on Arbiter is supposed to constitute him "working on mages". He's also working on Oracle. And justicar. And cabalist. The fact that he specifically focused on Justicar after Cabalist while simultaneously working on both Oracle and Arbiter is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Why did he not take a look at one of the many suffering mage souls after Cabalist, while maintaining attention on Oracle and Arbiter? Pyro, Sc, Ele, Harb, Necro all have differing issues(varying in severity).
    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Unfortunately given the circumstances and the fact he has posted every now and then in an effort to try and communicate when he has the chance, I really do believe the forum should simply sit still and be patient.
    He hasn't posted on the state of Pyro or Harb since the Shaman/Inq buffs, far before 2.5, which is the driving force for the mage community outcry. His communications have been 1-2 bug related comments, a clarification on his drastic nerf to Dom and then nearly entirely focused on his Arbiter thread and nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Primarily because yelling louder often does not work.
    If someone doesn't hear you when you are speaking to them directly, they're not going to hear you when you shout, and f they do then they are more likely to ignore you.
    When people are busy at work they'd frankly rather be left alone to their own devices until they need help.

    It is a stressful job.
    Perhaps you should double check the warrior forums. Anyway, being an airplane pilot is a stressful job. Yes, he has deadlines, but Kervik is a big boy and I'm sure he gets compensated well for his efforts. Additionally, keep in mind that this isn't solely directed at Kervik, the Trion "front office" needs to take it's share of responsibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    I would not classify that as being inept.
    Zinbik's design choices were inept because there was tons of data that illustrated how those design choices would not work.

    In this case, simply because it hasn't been worked upon doesn't mean Kervik is inept. Considering that the Mage forums sang his praises back in Vanilla, its clear that at the moment Kervik doesn't communicate because he does not have the opportunity to do so, and cannot work on much because of the requirements placed by his job.
    The only reason you don't think inept fits is because you don't recognize that the entire state of the calling reflects their efforts as a developer. Negligence directly conveys ineptitude, either on his part or those dictating his time, because of the state of the calling's souls and the lack of action or attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Where did I state that?
    It is absolutely mind boggling as to how people can generate such ideas on the basis of simply being told "Be patient.".
    I asked you. That's what a question mark means, feel free to answer. You think mages are fine? Because you're telling me I'm not entitled to outrage. Patience is a sign of respect for those with whom you're dealing, but I've been patient, time and again. And it's worn thin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Not really, generally I am an argumentative person and frankly, it is disappointing to see the Mage community degenerate to such behavior. It is something I would expect from the Warrior community, not the Mage community.
    This is just you trying to be degrading. Please stop pretending like you've ever played a mage.

  8. #38
    Plane Touched Belorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Yeah...Mage's are so hard to play.
    MOving on.
    And this proves what exactly? Oh look mommy I can parse on a dummy in PTS gear but still fail to do anything when mechanics are involved! To further provide proof you have no idea what a mage is or what it's talents are supposed to bring, let me quote you when you gave your "opinion" on the current state of mages in PVP in another thread:


    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Warlock and CHloro have HP multiplier abilities.
    Pyro has a shield.
    Ele has a shield.

    Necro has a link and passes damage to its pet.

    Notice the part in bold and then question yourself how anyone that claims he knows mages could possibly say this. You sir, have no credibility and should troll elsewhere.
    Last Dawn @ Zaviel
    Shifthappens - 50 Cleric || Omfgkittens - 60 Mage

  9. #39
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allmightyone View Post
    Who are you and why do you need so many wordBUs to say nothing of value?
    Spoiler!



    tl;dr: Your angst only supports me.

    Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    You seem to think this is a recent issue. People were asking for Harb/Pyro attention(not to mention SC/Ele/Necro) before the recent WL rebalancing, before the new souls were even being worked on.
    Except that Harbinger and Pyro did receive attention in 2013 did it not?
    There was an entire parsing thread dedicated towards testing out the changes he implemented, particularly for Harbinger.

    Elementalist and Stormcaller require flat out revamps. The first revamp for SL worked well for Ele for a time but it ran into the same problem it had before.

    Stormcaller is still in a relatively meh state.
    Altering Pyromancer is tricky, because it is the only soul Mage's possess that features burst spikes. So increasing its damage could lead to problems in PvP; which is silly I know; but is a reason for several of the nerfs it has taken in the past.

    Dom got AP nerfed which was understandable, and Kervik did state he was open to any ideas that would be better, especially since that change won't hit live for a long time.


    Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    snipping
    Well to be fair Trev, his lack of communication is not new, and we did see last year the reason for his lack of communication. It was something that even Daglar decided to comment about since the Mage forum; once again; is getting stirred up by Kervik's lack of presence.


    Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    I asked you. That's what a question mark means, feel free to answer. You think mages are fine? Because you're telling me I'm not entitled to outrage. Patience is a sign of respect for those with whom you're dealing, but I've been patient, time and again. And it's worn thin.
    Given I am being constantly questioned as to what I do and do not play you will have to excuse me as taking the question as contempt.

    Do I think Mage's are fine?
    Nope.
    Frankly I think Mage's are the weakest class right now.
    Heck, the best a Mage can claim right now is Chloromancer.
    Everything else is easily argued as weaker than the next thing.

    Ele/Necro are largely useless.
    Harbinger is bottom of the melee pack.
    Pyro needs a DPS increase since the BF change really neutered it.
    Stormcaller needs a revamp entirely.
    Archon needs addressing past 40 points.

    The list goes on and on and on.

    Unfortunately, Mage's probably won't see much change soon. So for now, the best that can be done is be patient.

    I would suggest that instead of making dramatic topics; as most people are want to do. They take the time to send Kervik a friendly PM. Even if he doesn't answer, he does read them.

    Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    This is just you trying to be degrading. Please stop pretending like you've ever played a mage.
    All you do is enforce the idea that the Mage community is just turning into another Wqrriqr community.
    Sorry, but I cannot change my mind when stupidity like this occurs.


    Quote Originally Posted by Belorian View Post
    Notice the part in bold and then question yourself how anyone that claims he knows mages could possibly say this. You sir, have no credibility and should troll elsewhere.
    You are...serious?


    Chloromancer:
    Raised in nature: Increase endurance by 15% of equiptment modified intelligence
    Living Aegis: Increases a Mage's health by 10%

    Pyromancer:
    [UBurning shield][/U]: Absord 50% of the damage up to X
    Fire Shield: You have a 30% chance on being struck to create an absorption shield that absorbs up to 15% of your maximum health.

    Elementalist
    Ice shield: ABsorbs up to X damage

    Warlock:
    Vitality: Increases HP by 10%

    Unless of course you are referring to my quote to Learan who complaint that Mage's can't deflect and block but didn't realize that you can't block without an offhand shield like Warriors and Clerics, and cannot deflect without a defensive stance like Rogues.

  10. #40
    Plane Touched Belorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Once again you completely fail to see (or just lack the braincells) the part highlighted in bold , which highlights your words saying Pyro and Ele have a shield. You used this to claim both specs do have durability in PVP, using their - weak and useless shields - to support your claims. Had you ever played a mage in PVP, you would know such shields fail to make any difference whatsoever against any equally geared player.

    Looking at your post once more, your lack of knowledge shines again as my eye caught one of your other sentences in which you shared some interesting stuff concerning Harbingers and their durability in PVP:

    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Harbinger has 60s stealth.

    I have examined every Harbinger ability and I have not witnessed any 60 second stealth. Could you please redirect me to its location, oh wise Mage?
    Last Dawn @ Zaviel
    Shifthappens - 50 Cleric || Omfgkittens - 60 Mage

  11. #41
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belorian View Post
    Once again you completely fail to see (or just lack the braincells) the part highlighted in bold , which highlights your words saying Pyro and Ele have a shield.
    For one suggesting a lack of braincells, you seemingly ignored my post where I pointed out they do have a shield.
    Ice shield, Fire shield and Burning shield.

    Are you holding this interesting argument that no one but you can see?

    Quote Originally Posted by Belorian View Post
    You used this to claim both specs do have durability in PVP, using their - weak and useless shields - to support your claims.
    Which is why attempts to follow such a link does not lead to any such post correct?

    I appreciate the attempts you have made to create the idea that I made such suggestions, after all it really looks legitimate until someone actually clicks the link to look at the post.

    If you cannot provide the exact post in which such an assertion was made that will simply mean you are ignore worthy due to delusions.

    The last time you provided a quotation of what I stated, it linked back to this topic where no statement about Ele and Pyro shields were made.

    But hey, I decided to answer you because you suggested Ele and Pyro did not have shields.
    I like how you are constantly scampering back, changing your argument and then behaving as if that was your argument all along.

    Are you Vexare's alt?

    Quote Originally Posted by Belorian View Post
    I have examined every Harbinger ability and I have not witnessed any 60 second stealth. Could you please redirect me to its location, oh wise Mage?
    You mean the typo that was made that could not be corrected after 5 minutes?
    Got me there for sure.

    Care to find the post where I suggested Mage's were hardy now?
    Or will it be like, the majority of the posters here, in which you simply strawman?
    Last edited by Katosu; 03-30-2014 at 04:23 PM.

  12. #42
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Which I didn't say either.
    You are misinterpreting what I stated.
    My posts are quite open to discussion, but I would appreciate it if you actually addressed what was said, and not what you think was said.


    TO be fair, Kervik's work burden increased double with Cleric.
    It also icnreased again with new souls because they need to be balanced relative to the rest of the game. You cannot throw something in and leave it at that, it needs to be tested with many different changes. This takes a large amount of time, and Trion does not possess the resources Blizzard does.

    Nothing justifies rage. Ever.
    As soon as you begin making angry posts that essentially demand answers, then you're simply shooting yourself in the foot.
    Part of why Atrius disliked dealing with the Warrior community was because of how explosive they were in their behavior.
    No dev wants to deal with a community where every single action is interpreted as wrong.
    It takes time away from development, and really we shouldn't require Daglar to come in and explain why Kervik is so busy again.
    That is something anyone who has worked a day in their life would understand.
    .
    You said that discussing why AP is getting nerfed doesn't open it up to discussion about other classes with similar abilities. But it does, regardless on your own opinion on why something should be nerfed. Others have the right to rebuttal with their reasoning of why it should not be nerfed or how it should be changed across the bored among all callings. His reasoning being cab. thus opening it to discussion on the pros / cons.

    Kervik is busy, i know he is. But idk if you ignored me on purpose or just didn't see so i'll say again - edit: I agree that its alot of work to do what hes doing and answer people on the forums. But if he cannot manage that then the higher ups at trion need to hire some more devs and make this acceptable.

    I've personally stopped investing my money into this game until trion finally decides to invest in us


    Atrius was a trash dev who was on a horrible bad streak of changes. I was playing my warrior during his reign and it was horrible. Do you recall the having to respec every single week for over a month? Then him testing specs in environments that don't even merit a test (IAs) he obviously was lacking base knowledge of the game which no dev ever should. If you don't understand the product you work on after that much time, then you shouldnt be working on it anymore.

    If i were doing market research but took focus groups of the wrong demographic. I should be fired. Same as a dev testing in IAs to determine a dps specs viability. I've worked late into the night to make sure my data is correct but i guess im expecting to much here.
    Last edited by Lannisterxx; 03-30-2014 at 05:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrestorme
    cinderburst is a 20% proc or ur doin it wrong

  13. #43
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lannisterxx View Post
    You said that discussing why AP is getting nerfed doesn't open it up to discussion about other classes with similar abilities.
    No, the point seems to have eluded you as well.
    My statement was a sarcastic reply to being strawmanned.
    That I was ignoring the abilities of other classes in lieu of suggesting that the nerf to AP was well deserved, despite my prevous posts in the past actually arguing for AP not to be nerfed.

    Since the point seemed to elude most of the people here, I suppose I will need to speak more plainly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lannisterxx View Post
    But it does, regardless on your own opinion on why something should be nerfed. Others have the right to rebuttal with their reasoning of why it should not be nerfed or how it should be changed across the bored among all callings. His reasoning being cab. thus opening it to discussion on the pros / cons.
    Not necessarily. If I state "Arresting presence was nerfed for X", that doesn't suggest I am making an argument in regards to the rest of the abilities.
    now if the argument is to how CGB needs to get nerfed; which it should have gotten long ago for breaking DR; then that is a different discussion as a whole.

    Given my statement was a mere echo of Kervik's statement I see little reason to suggest I am "full of dog doo"



    Quote Originally Posted by Lannisterxx View Post
    Kervik is busy, i know he is. But idk if you ignored me on purpose or just didn't see so i'll say again - edit: I agree that its alot of work to do what hes doing and answer people on the forums. But if he cannot manage that then the higher ups at trion need to hire some more devs and make this acceptable.

    I've personally stopped investing my money into this game until trion finally decides to invest in us
    If it seemed I ignored it that was not the case. Typically I slice the posts down so that they aren't massive chunks.
    In anycase, yes I agree with you that a part of it does fall on Trion.
    Given the circumstances, unfortunately the Mage community can do little but form a proper suggestion topic and direct Kervik to it through PM.

    That is the best way of getting things done, rather than complain and rage about what is occurring. It never gets anything done.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lannisterxx View Post
    Atrius was a trash dev who was on a horrible bad streak of changes. I was playing my warrior during his reign and it was horrible. Do you recall the having to respec every single week for over a month? Then him testing specs in environments that don't even merit a test (IAs) he obviously was lacking base knowledge of the game which no dev ever should. If you don't understand the product you work on after that much time, then you shouldnt be working on it anymore.

    If i were doing market research but took focus groups of the wrong demographic. I should be fired. Same as a dev testing in IAs to determine a dps specs viability. I've worked late into the night to make sure my data is correct but i guess im expecting to much here.
    Not really, you're expecting what should be done.
    I honestly do not understand the environment that Atrius was working with, though there may have been issues with that environment as I believe Aillion, Kervik and Zinbik often had issues pinpointing bugs that they could not replicate in their test environment.

  14. #44
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post

    Frankly I think Mage's are the weakest class right now.

    ...stuff....

    Unfortunately, Mage's probably won't see much change soon. So for now, the best that can be done is be patient.
    That right there pretty much sums up why the mage community is so angry. You can joke about us turning into wqrriqr degenerates all you want, but if a calling is outright the weakest class and is receiving no attention in the foreseeable future, and we have a dev that has made no comments either to acknowledge the issue, much less state how he plans to fix the issue, then I think we have every justification in being upset. Kervik will be running around trying to do the two new souls, then clerics are getting their turn, then 3.0 bugs will need to be fixed...realistically we won't see any action for many months.
    Last edited by vexare; 03-30-2014 at 06:02 PM.

  15. #45
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    ....often had issues pinpointing bugs that they could not replicate in their test environment.
    I've bug reported double dipping damage every week for the past 6 months. There is a difference between a dev not being able to replicate a problem, versus a dev blissfully ignoring the problem because fixing it involves real work. Baby jesus cries every time Proteus, ultane, volan, and Kaliban die.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts