+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Time for answers...

Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    Or should we suffer an entire expansion like level 50 clerics?
    Woah I'm stopping you right there. I rerolled a mage with this expansion cause I got sick of healing and I wanted to do decent dps. As a cleric that used to try to compete as a dps I can tell you that the current mage situation is no where near that threshold. We need a buff to Harbinger and Pyromancer to compete with every other classes' ST dps but that's it as far as being a mage dps in a raid goes.

I swear I don't like bringing the 'mages are fine' card but facts are we can still beat everyone on half the t2 encounters. The issue is that on that other half we get crushed because we only have 1 really competitive dps spec left instead of the usual 2-3 that the other callings have.

But yes an outcry is justified. Just not to the extent you are making it to be.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    AP was going to have the ability to disarm and not only silence. Since this makes it twice as powerful, a nerf was done.
    And both the new/existing Cab CCs plus Sab's Choking Gas Bomb will disarm and silence, hence also becoming twice as powerful as well - while receiving no nerfs. Many abilities that only silences currently will be able to disarm as well. But I see you needed to conveniently leave that out in order for your "arguments" to seem right.

Congrats on being full of ****.
    Last edited by Xallista; 03-29-2014 at 05:25 AM.

Ascendant

Eight months of ineptitude doesn't justify an outcry?
    Disagreement on design choices does not inept make.
    Justicar's having a constant delay on its interrupt? That is inept.
    Sorry, but just because you believe something is a good idea, doesn't mean its a good idea.
    That goes for everyone not just you.

Excuse me, apparently I'm way off base.
    Yeah. You are.
    "Mommy look at me more."
    That is your main complaint.

"When are we allowed to convey our outrage then? Is the one year marker good enough? Or should we suffer an entire expansion like level 50 clerics? Clearly 8months is too soon. Please, feel free to tell me when I've put up with enough ****.
    Oh word?
    Are you REALLY trying to compare the issues Clerics have had to Mage's?
    Now you are being very dramatic.

Firstly, Cleric's have had many long standing design issues that were not addressed by their previous dev. To suggest that the issue here, where Kervik is busy doing the following

1. Designing two new souls and balancing them against every single soul in the game.
    2. Re-designing several cleric souls and Mage souls.
    3. Going through all of the data for the above.

Is comparable to the problems that Cleric's suffered throughout Vanilla?
    Word?
    Your outcry is not justified. Period.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xallista View Post
    And both the new/existing Cab CCs plus Sab's Choking Gas Bomb will disarm and silence, hence also becoming twice as powerful as well - while receiving no nerfs. Many abilities that only silences currently will be able to disarm as well. But I see you needed to conveniently leave that out in order for your "arguments" to seem right.

Congrats on being full of ****.
    Oh snap!
    Who knew that explaining the reason for the nerfs on Arresting presence was also a discussion for CGB and Cab's CC?

Oh wait it wasn't. You're just busy being whiny about it and spitting out your venom everywhere.
    Sorry dude, only one full of it right now is yourself.

Shield of Telara

where Kervik is busy doing the following

1. Designing two new souls and balancing them against every single soul in the game.
    Mage hybrid is dead, the only exception being support and that is only the case because 61 archon is useless.

61pt specs are ridiculously easy to balance. It should take no more than 10 minutes to tweak the dps value of some of the upper tier abilities to bring a soul back in line. Anything short of this is just lazy.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    61pt specs are ridiculously easy to balance. It should take no more than 10 minutes to tweak the dps value of some of the upper tier abilities to bring a soul back in line. Anything short of this is just lazy.
    Really now?
    Feel free to apply for a job at Trion because you can do Kervik's job better than he can.

Really now?
    Feel free to apply for a job at Trion because you can do Kervik's job better than he can.
    Do you think they have to start over from scratch every time? It's not a stretch to assume the game is coded in a way that make it easy to edit the value / duration / cooldown of pretty much everything. If it really takes months to adjust the value of a few ability I sincerely question their methodology.

Since this is highly unlikely I assume they either don't know or don't care about the situation. Either way our only weapon is those forum posts. Keep fishing until it bites.

Shield of Telara

Really now?
    Umm, yes... it really is that simple.

Balancing hybrids is a logistical nightmare because there are so many options, many of which go unforeseen which leads to god awful specs like zoomancer being OP. But a 61 pt spec can be balanced while in the bathroom popping a squat. If a class is behind by 2k ST dps, then raise the base value of the high end abilities by a few hundred and wait a week or two and see how those changes pan out. If a bigger bump is needed then do it again, it's not exactly rocket science.

Pvp and Pve spells can be balanced independently, so any pve changes to the high end stuff could have zero effect on pvp if you wanted it to.

Sorry, but just because you believe something is a good idea, doesn't mean its a good idea.

Yeah. You are.
    "Mommy look at me more."

Oh word?

Firstly, Cleric's have had many long standing design issues that were not addressed by their previous dev. To suggest that the issue here, where Kervik is busy doing the following

Word?

This is the biggest troll I have ever seen. We have posted stats and parses showing many of our dps specs are below par, we needs lots of attention to pvp. Go troll somewhere else.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Learan View Post
    This is the biggest troll I have ever seen. We have posted stats and parses showing many of our dps specs are below par, we needs lots of attention to pvp. Go troll somewhere else.
    Your response is a troll in itself because you aim to insult and you are runing on a completely different tangent entirely.

The discussion was about design as well as Kervik being busy. Now you are bringing up parses and PvP which is related, but still off from what was being discussed.

You call it a troll because you are offended and simply don't like what you were told.
    At the very least you should use a term correctly, or learn to accept that the answer you receive isn't always going to be the ones you desire.

Tl;dr: Deal with it.
    Last edited by Katosu; 03-29-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    61 pt spec can be balanced while in the bathroom popping a squat. If a class is behind by 2k ST dps, then raise the base value of the high end abilities by a few hundred and wait a week or two and see how those changes pan out. If a bigger bump is needed then do it again, it's not exactly rocket science.
    Stop making perfectly logical sense...

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

Shield of Telara

Why no LOVE for mages? easy because devs have too much love for all the others classes except for mages. It has being this way for over 8 months mages have been forgotten while other classes get buff every 2 weeks or every months mages just see this word "NERF". Warrior had 2 OP builds in pvp killing with 1 shoot for months and nothing happen, trion nerfed tempest after months of complains and more complains, but warrior still have warlord that give them 2 and 3 bonus only in 1 point spent that is pretty unfair. Warlord has damage reduction/crazy burst dps/shiled/heals is like having 2 or 3 souls at the same time , Warlord is very Op, Assasin is very op, what left for mages NOTHING mages are the pushingbag in rift and trion know that , its not a secret that WF are 90% warriors and rogues mostly mages have just quit I guess
    Last edited by elfaraon; 03-29-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Shield of Telara

Yeah. You are.
    "Mommy look at me more."

Oh word?

Word?
    if you are not a mage why you care about mages are posting?

Plane Touched

Oh snap!
    Who knew that explaining the reason for the nerfs on Arresting presence was also a discussion for CGB and Cab's CC?

Oh wait it wasn't. You're just busy being whiny about it and spitting out your venom everywhere.
    Sorry dude, only one full of it right now is yourself.
    If you're not going to make your reply open to discussion in a public forum. Then don't make the reply in the fist place.

Anyway. My prob is how long it takes kervik to get work done + lack of communication + Trion is a gaming company with a decent sized community of players that ask questions and should get answers.

I can understand ignoring rants of rage and off the wall threads. But when someone makes a thread asking questions without being a total jerk about it. Then they deserve answers. But not answering those threads over extended periods of time makes rage threads fair game because the lack of communication builds more and more rage.

edit: I agree that its alot of work to do what hes doing and answer people on the forums. But if he cannot manage that then the higher ups at trion need to hire some more devs and make this acceptable. I've personally stopped investing my money into this game until trion finally decides to invest in us.
    Last edited by Lannisterxx; 03-29-2014 at 02:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrestorme
    cinderburst is a 20% proc or ur doin it wrong

Your response is a troll in itself because you aim to insult and you are runing on a completely different tangent entirely.

The discussion was about design as well as Kervik being busy. Now you are bringing up parses and PvP which is related, but still off from what was being discussed.

You call it a troll because you are offended and simply don't like what you were told.
    At the very least you should use a term correctly, or learn to accept that the answer you receive isn't always going to be the ones you desire.

Tl;dr: Deal with it.
    You are a troll because you have contributed nothing to this thread. Is you main even a mage? I would guess not. Also, you state that he is working on mage " souls" he is working on one, and the only reason we are getting attention to it is because all the souls are being released at the same time in 2.7 otherwise we would still continue to be ignored. We should be able to enjoy the any aspect of the game without being punished due to game unbalance. If the dev cannot make the time to fix our class then Trion can at least communicate to us why. Try harder...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast