+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Arresting Presence is way too powerful on PTS

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by drabk View Post
    It will mess with Abom if the suggested 5s debilitate doesn't pulse interrupts over those five seconds the way AP does now on live. Zorzyx is immune to silence, it's the pulsed interrupts behind LOS that's so valuable. If that gets removed, someone will have to peek out from behind the pillar to catch the interrupt, and you better hope that there's a generous distance between the bomb and Zorzyx so they can slice that pie. but hey, at least I won't have to do it as chloro anymore because thunderblast is still on a GCD
    That is a relevant point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    That is a relevant point.
    Kervik has said that existing encounters will be modified as necessary to accommodate any changes made to AP.
    Last edited by Muspel; 03-18-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey all,

Yes there is a nerf coming to Arresting Presence. For now it is changing to be a targeted AOE debilitate with a 5s duration and a 30s cooldown. It has a 10m radius and can affect up to 10 targets. Further changes may still happen before it goes live, but I'm wanting to leave it as a debilitate of some form rather than changing it to a different type of debuff.
    You have turned a large portion of Dom's PvP usefulness into an ability that is inferior to cabalist and sab's options... I'm guessing that it will still consume charge, making it vastly inferior to options offered by other classes. Nice work.

Is Debilitate going to be a third CC modality, separate from the other two immunity timers triggered by stun/mez/squirrel and roots? If not, then PvP has been dumbed down even more...

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    You have turned a large portion of Dom's PvP usefulness into an ability that is inferior to cabalist and sab's options... I'm guessing that it will still consume charge, making it vastly inferior to options offered by other classes. Nice work.

Is Debilitate going to be a third CC modality, separate from the other two immunity timers triggered by stun/mez/squirrel and roots? If not, then PvP has been dumbed down even more...
    Making it anymore stronger than it is will force everyone to spec into it for every single 61 point spec in pvp. It is too low in the tree unlike other debilitates. Maybe they can add the functionality like cabalist and sabo deep in the dom tree.. but IMO, I think sab/cab may need to be looked at and probably the best option is to make all aoe debilitates similar to what Kervik plans for AP. Or at least just mess with the cds if you change the functionality of having a 1 min cd that grants ability to spam the gt aoe debilitate. Like gtae will have 25 sec. cd ones like AP which follow you around can be 30 secs. because low in tree and best functionality and ones that require melee 20 secs. etc.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-18-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Arresting Presence is pretty much the only way to prevent Mass Betrayal from being cleansed off. So if you take away AP and MB, what, exactly, does a Dom "bring to the table"? Bloodthirsty procs for Warriors.

And people need to get past the flasehood that there is a difference between melee and range in PvP. Maybe for Defilers, but not anyone else. Dom has to get within 25m, sometimes less, to drop its GTAE abilities (read: almost all of its abilities). Everyone knows what happens to Mages that get within 25m of enemy teams. Of course, this is assuming that said Dom wasn't taken out in 4 seconds by an Assassin in the back lines already.

Too many CCs in DPS souls to justify taking away abilities from a class that can only CC.
    Why even bother?

You know how it goes, mages get any kind of buff to make them equally as effective as warriors rogues or clerics and BOOM Kervik finally gets around to making some mage "improvements" i.e nerfing them.

Mage was dead in the water as soon as Kervik "overlooked" how important casting range was for a casting class.

I mean how you could do that.. as a mage developer.. i have no idea. But he did it!

Game is rock paper scissors, the only soul that will be worthwhile in the majority of situations after 2.7 will be arbiter and chloro.

Dominators.. being able to CROWD CONTROL!?! Nerf it!
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Quote Originally Posted by Brodian View Post
    Awful decision as always regarding mages.
    more nerf to dom cc specs, first removed mass charged shield by laziness, after removed phobia, so fear break on every random thing, now nerf ap. gg.
    give aoe purge to it at least. give dom more utility. stronger and safer mana drain (big blue laser so everybody see you manadrain, hello deaden I missed you), spell or ability delay on healers. Cabalist will be better than dom after changes?
    Malevolant bolt and shield is a joke, voltaic feedback and neural prod is a joke,death`s edict doesn't work in pvp since ages.

Maybe fix debilating poison first so we cant be perma snared.

dom and chloro has NO break free on its own tree at all. Cry more with one break free.
    Not to mention all the other nerfs when storm legion happened.

Reflective presence
    Shades
    Casting range
    Transmogrify
    Crits
    etc etc etc.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

I love how **** just rolls down hill on mages.

Tempests can't be AP'd(or disarmed) > Tempests made to be disarmed + AP provides disarm > Tempest(and all around cross class) QQ > AP is gutted.

Also, OP, you're pretty much the embodiment of your signature. Way to keep it real.

Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post

Tempests can't be AP'd(or disarmed) > Tempests made to be disarmed + AP provides disarm > Tempest(and all around cross class) QQ > AP is gutted.

Also, OP, you're pretty much the embodiment of your signature. Way to keep it real.
    sucks about temps (i've complained about their inability to be disarmed/silenced/interrupted before too) but as i said before, getting into melee range is one thing that has been made easy, getting out while you're being focused by 5 people because you're disarmed for 10 seconds is not. charges that get in (sin leap, warrior charges, shaman charge, bd charge) are on a much shorter cd than the **** that gets us out, like shadow shift or various speed boosts. on the double is 30s, bd sprint is 1 minute, shadow shift is 45s, nb has no short cd gap closers so their port and shadow shift if specced into rs are all they have, i could go on and on.

add this on top of the change to dr on charge roots (which i didn't agree was needed at all) and you can see how being in melee range and then being rendered useless for 8-10 seconds is pretty much a death sentence. melee has burst cd's because they get in and get out and if you cut their uptime in half in pvp, you're going to make melee that much less attractive to play.

i don't see anything wrong with a 5s aoe disarm/silence, which seems balanced to me while AP with a debilitate instead of silence did not due to it's potentially very long duration, but to make it more balanced and in-line with dom being almost purely a cc/troll spec, maybe the area could be increased to make it more powerful than the cab silence.

not that there are a ton of cabs running around pvp anyway, but whatever.
    Last edited by ecru; 03-19-2014 at 04:18 AM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post

You just do not realize what it can be used for. Basically its a full on demand aoe debilitate that can be kept up for long periods of time, longer than all other debilitates. It has no cd. It has no limit to the amount of targets it can hit. Interrupts every sec.( I think) It can be used with every spec since it is 11 points in. AP is not being gutted .. it is being change so it can't be abused. Please get off your high horse. This doesn't effect just warriors and rogues.. it effects everyone and with the addtion of a tank soul like I said before it would be overly abusive because they can just be pocket healed tank and apply it from range when ever possible with enormous TTK..
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-19-2014 at 04:27 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    It basically doubles the power of the ability by making it affect every person it hits instead of half of them. If it were being changed from a silence to a disarm, that would be different-- but doing both in an AoE for an extended duration is a huge buff to an ability that's already arguably overpowered.

The silence/disarm change is, in fact, a large buff to a lot of specs, many of which probably shouldn't be buffed.
    Hmm. World of Warcrap Monk's Ring of Peace anyone?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    Why even bother?

You know how it goes, mages get any kind of buff to make them equally as effective as warriors rogues or clerics and BOOM Kervik finally gets around to making some mage "improvements" i.e nerfing them.

Mage was dead in the water as soon as Kervik "overlooked" how important casting range was for a casting class.

I mean how you could do that.. as a mage developer.. i have no idea. But he did it!

Game is rock paper scissors, the only soul that will be worthwhile in the majority of situations after 2.7 will be arbiter and chloro.

Dominators.. being able to CROWD CONTROL!?! Nerf it!

Then get rid of rock paper scissors and do something else with balance. LIke I don't know. Balance classes 1 v 1 more. Like wow tried to do but without failing horribly, and this time go all the way instead of like... 50% like wow did. That was why it failed.

Plane Touched

you know btw what they could do on AP to make it less... OP...

Keep the range the same, but maybe just lower the RADIUS/Area of effect a little. Not a ton, just enough that it doesn't blanket entire raids.

NOTE: This point is from a PvP perspective.

Kervik,

The problem isn't that Dom has AP. If AP went live the way it is on the PTS, you wouldn't see 61 (or 51) Doms everywhere in PvP. You would see 61x/11Dom mages everywhere.

One of the problems is that AP is so low in the tree that any mage can pick it up without any serious penalties. I know it's been stated on this thread and elsewhere, but I would suggest you make AP a higher point investment before you start adjusting how it works now.

Plane Walker

Let me clarify something for some of you complaining about AP being low in the tree.

AP is a charge consumer and not a typical ability with a mana cost. That makes it much harder to cast and use than most of the abilities in this game. It can't be cast whenever you need it and it doesn't have a CD because of this.

Using AP in a hybrid spec sacrifices the charge that is necessary for damage/healing bursts in PvP. That is the penalty. If it stays as a charge consumer than it is fine being low in the Dom tree.

It is frustrating to watch Dominator gutted again. SL finally made this soul an asset to PvE and PvP. If you're going to nerf the ever loving crap out of one of it's primary abilities that it is time for a complete re-work of the soul. Or at least give us Stormcaller back.

Kervik, 30s is a really long cooldown if AP is going to trigger DR anyway.

Shield of Telara

I typically try not to be a sensationalist, but the one bright side to all of the constant mage gutting and never properly fixing our dps issues that we have been complaining about for ages is making Elder Scrolls Online look more and more appealing all the time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast