+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Arresting Presence is way too powerful on PTS

Quote Originally Posted by Learan View Post
    Does this mean it will no longer consume charge?
    If Kervik does do away with the charge cost of AP, this would give Dominators some different options for charge dumps. I would be game for this. Even if he went the way of Lightning Wall and Reflective Presence, it would open things up a bit.
    Last edited by Ophelya99; 03-18-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    This is exactly why all silences and disarms are being converted to debilitates. Now they just have to be properly balanced.
    Which is a decent start, now if only you can't debilitate and interrupt a caster as opposed to simply debilitate a melee.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Malidrag View Post
    Kervik, can't we ever have anything OP on live? Will it still cost charge now that it's a weak 5 second stun?
    What is Chloro, alex?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    What is Chloro, alex?
    Not entirely sure how chloro is OP in pve alongside purifier for st, or warden for aoe. Strong yes, OP definitely not. And as far as pvp goes, it is an overall weak healer that is easily killed even with it's high natural hps because it has no mitigation, must stand close to the front rows, has very little self heals, and due to cross healing of multiple chloros they receive less heals than any other player on the entire map.
    Last edited by vexare; 03-18-2014 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    Not entirely sure how chloro is OP in pve alongside purifier for st, or warden for aoe. Strong yes, OP definitely not. And as far as pvp goes, it is an overall weak healer that is easily killed even with it's high natural hps because it has no mitigation, must stand close to the front rows, has very little self heals, and due to cross healing of multiple chloros they receive less heals than any other player on the entire map.
    I think he means when chloro was OP on live for a long period of time (the double-dip proc bug)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    I think he means when chloro was OP on live for a long period of time (the double-dip proc bug)
    I think NB DPS was the main benefactor of that bug, but I might be biased.

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey all,

Yes there is a nerf coming to Arresting Presence. For now it is changing to be a targeted AOE debilitate with a 5s duration and a 30s cooldown. It has a 10m radius and can affect up to 10 targets. Further changes may still happen before it goes live, but I'm wanting to leave it as a debilitate of some form rather than changing it to a different type of debuff.
    It is OP now, but does it deserve such a big CD? I think it should be lower (15-20 secs). While it matches the similar CDs from Cab and Sab,
    1) Dom hasn't any analogues of Dominion/Carpet Bombing to provide "CC burst" with this change.
    2) Cab has AOE stun/Sigil of Catastrophe as well so it will become a much more powerful crowd controller (AOE soul by design) than a soul specifically designed to CC.
    Last edited by VolsalexR; 03-18-2014 at 12:22 PM.

This is a bad choice.

The problem with CCs is that they are too pervasive, not any single skill. Dominator's express purpose as a soul is to CC people, yet its CCs are being gutted while other souls', which can actually kill people, are being left alone (hello, Choking Gas Bomb!). As it stands AP is one of the few things that makes Dominator one of Mages' only two viable PvP souls. If you take it away, it will be consigned to trash status like everything else but Chloro.

Move it to 61 points. Don't destroy it. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    This is a bad choice.

The problem with CCs is that they are too pervasive, not any single skill. Dominator's express purpose as a soul is to CC people, yet its CCs are being gutted while other souls', which can actually kill people, are being left alone (hello, Choking Gas Bomb!). As it stands AP is one of the few things that makes Dominator one of Mages' only two viable PvP souls. If you take it away, it will be consigned to trash status like everything else but Chloro.

Move it to 61 points. Don't destroy it. :/
    I would suggest instead that they give Dominator more AoE CC tools to compete with Saboteur and Cabalist. Right now Dominator has plenty of AoE DPS but its AoE CC is limited to Arresting Presence and Mass Exhaustion. Give it an AoE stun, AoE purge(?), another copy of that AoE magic damage increase that Cab and Sab have access to. So much potential in that department.

And yeah Choking Gas bomb needs a stern looking at too.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 03-18-2014 at 12:26 PM.

Ascendant

Hey all,

Yes there is a nerf coming to Arresting Presence. For now it is changing to be a targeted AOE debilitate with a 5s duration and a 30s cooldown. It has a 10m radius and can affect up to 10 targets. Further changes may still happen before it goes live, but I'm wanting to leave it as a debilitate of some form rather than changing it to a different type of debuff.
    that is a horrible change, sorry
    you are going to make AP terrible in PVE due to PVP like you have done with other mage skills in the past. Why?

give it a higher cost, move it higher in the tree, give it a cool down anything but another gtae with very limited effectiveness

I don't really care what you do with it in PVP but don't neuter another of our PVE tools for PVP reasons please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dunced View Post
    At least we are getting some mage changes for once
    lol I guess that is the bright side and I am pretty sure we can look forward to more of these types of changes AKA nerfs when Kervik gets around to looking at Archon and its hybrids
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntled View Post
    that is a horrible change, sorry
    you are going to make AP terrible in PVE due to PVP like you have done with other mage skills in the past. Why?

give it a higher cost, move it higher in the tree, give it a cool down anything but another gtae with very limited effectiveness

I don't really care what you do with it in PVP but don't neuter another of our PVE tools for PVP reasons please.
    eh? As has already been said, AP has been pretty broken in PvE for quite some time.

Hey all,

You better think about how this is going to affect fights such as Abom before you make a change such as this. Think about how certain raid encounters are specifically designed around the frequent use of AP.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #44
    Rift Team

I'll be revisiting the change to Arresting Presence well before it would go live. For now at least I'm open to further ideas on what changes to do to it, so keep throwing out any ideas you might have.

Quote Originally Posted by Boodie View Post
    You better think about how this is going to affect fights such as Abom before you make a change such as this. Think about how certain raid encounters are specifically designed around the frequent use of AP.
    #activateEUROPE

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast