+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Soul Feedback - Arbiter

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Thank you Kervik. I am sure you do not hear it enough.

Ps much rather have base end vs a buff which is gonna get purged. Ill buy the soul for tier one hardened soul, i will not for a hand me out energized vitality that will be useless for pvp imo.
    I second the motion for a base endurance model. In pvp a hp buff will be purged off within seconds of joining the battle rendering it 99% useless for pvp play.

And while we're on that topic, why is it that almost every class defining ability can be purged? I would play harbinger in pvp except Eldritch Armor gets instantly purged which removes a dramatic portion of our dps, and our mega 2 minute CD Empyrean Ascension gets instantly removed with purges as well. As a chloro I've all but stopped casting our lvl 61 buff living aegis because it gets removed so quickly that it's just more frustrating than it's worth trying to maintain its uptime.

Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    I second the motion for a base endurance model. In pvp a hp buff will be purged off within seconds of joining the battle rendering it 99% useless for pvp play.

And while we're on that topic, why is it that almost every class defining ability can be purged? I would play harbinger in pvp except Eldritch Armor gets instantly purged which removes a dramatic portion of our dps, and our mega 2 minute CD Empyrean Ascension gets instantly removed with purges as well. As a chloro I've all but stopped casting our lvl 61 buff living aegis because it gets removed so quickly that it's just more frustrating than it's worth trying to maintain its uptime.
    Yea The 61s should not be purgeable imo. Pain armor drives me nuts so i let it drop often. No point in continually losing a global cooldown to keep something up that gets stripped so frequently. But we should prob start another thread for that and try to stay on topic here.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

lgw

Not that I care matter much anymore, but for those who have a prolonged PVP interest in this game...
    The significantly strongest option is swapping Energised Vitality to 4p root. Any other option pales compared to a low point SC investment, and while Jolting Wave is a nice Harb gimmick, it's really kinda pointless outside H/A hybrids anyway. Oh well...
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

ok im gonna repost this again since apparently its just gonna get ignored anywhere else maybe i'll have some better luck here.

icy vortex it needs to stay as it is. move it higher in the tree but still avaiable for 61 builds. switch it . i dont understand why pvp sub souls have to suffer because arb has so many cds that we have to take away the only decent pvp cd we have for pvp sub souls. take a cd away from arb instead of hosing the rest of the souls.

the replacement on the pts is just terrible. 1. its useless against range unlike icy vortex. 2. it requires you to be facing the target and the target to be pretty much right on top of you, and if thats the situation you;re in then you're prob dead as kiting is almost impossible for a mage. 3 its gonna end up debuffing you may not even want to debuff. 4. its so high in sc that i dont even see the point. sc is dead as a pvp soul. its dead in pve right now except for trash. what use is that cd up so high in sc.

the 5 percent mit doesnt make up for it. pvp is all about burst and in fights that last less than 10 secs that cd combine with its snare is alot more useful than what is on the pts right now will ever be for pvp.

you;re taking away surviability tools. and if arb gets anything then you still have to buy the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Swapping the endurance boost with Interupt is the best option imo.
    +1

move interrupt higher, and give as much end as you feel right in the lower tiers.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    Not that I care matter much anymore, but for those who have a prolonged PVP interest in this game...
    The significantly strongest option is swapping Energised Vitality to 4p root. Any other option pales compared to a low point SC investment, and while Jolting Wave is a nice Harb gimmick, it's really kinda pointless outside H/A hybrids anyway. Oh well...
    Yea bc i really want to watch all that hp drop from a simple purge and then think to myself... Wow now how much time is it gonna take me to heal myself or for someone else to heal me before its purged again at which point the whole thing will repeat. Talk about quality of life issues.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by zasen View Post
    ok im gonna repost this again since apparently its just gonna get ignored anywhere else maybe i'll have some better luck here.

icy vortex it needs to stay as it is. move it higher in the tree but still avaiable for 61 builds. switch it . i dont understand why pvp sub souls have to suffer because arb has so many cds that we have to take away the only decent pvp cd we have for pvp sub souls. take a cd away from arb instead of hosing the rest of the souls.

the replacement on the pts is just terrible. 1. its useless against range unlike icy vortex. 2. it requires you to be facing the target and the target to be pretty much right on top of you, and if thats the situation you;re in then you're prob dead as kiting is almost impossible for a mage. 3 its gonna end up debuffing you may not even want to debuff. 4. its so high in sc that i dont even see the point. sc is dead as a pvp soul. its dead in pve right now except for trash. what use is that cd up so high in sc.

the 5 percent mit doesnt make up for it. pvp is all about burst and in fights that last less than 10 secs that cd combine with its snare is alot more useful than what is on the pts right now will ever be for pvp.

you;re taking away surviability tools. and if arb gets anything then you still have to buy the soul.

I gotta admit that really shocked me as well. We traded 25% burst protection for 5% dmg mitigation. Not really a fair trade off considering it is one of the few abilities hybrids can spec into for defense. But we should prob start a thread for this in the pvp forum and try to stay on topic with Arbiter in this thread. Id be happy to debate it in a new thread.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Brodian View Post
    +1

move interrupt higher, and give as much end as you feel right in the lower tiers.
    Why dont you just ask them to switch positions in the tree with soothing waters and the interrupt? I don't see the big deal with the interrupt but then again KA always been a pain in the *** and short of channels I'm not that interested in heavily monitoring the cast bars. I know eu is much more into dueling tho so i can see why they might be upset. Imo your really not going to see mages running double interrupt specs. They will be too weak with little defense.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    • Leaving things as is.
    • Swapping locations of Jolting Wave and Energized Vitality.
    • Moving Energized Vitality to 4 point root, move Freezing Gust to 16 point root, and move Jolting Wave to where Freezing Gust currently is in tier 3 of the tree.
    • Swapping locations of Hardened Soul and Prismatic Ward
    If have to choice one of them then either the two below

• Leaving things as is.
    because wasn't energized vitality on 4 points before, but got move after testing that with 61 chloro you get stupidly high health as got that end buff, 10% more from in tree and then like another 15% from passive soul or sumit? with the 10% extra from 61 point chloro. So with PvE gear had wt like 40k+ health selfbuffed before? no idea how much would have in PvP but still alot?
    Last edited by Alfiexx; 03-25-2014 at 02:03 PM.

The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiexx View Post
    If have to choice one of them then either the two below

because wasn't energized vitality on 4 points before, but got move after testing that with 61 chloro you get stupidly high health as got that end buff, 10% more from in tree and then like another 15% from passive soul or sumit? with the 10% extra from 61 point chloro. So with PvE gear had wt like 40k+ health selfbuffed before? no idea how much would have in PvP but still alot?
    Why would a chloro want another "7k hp" over something else for pve. We already have highest effective hp pool vs other raid members. It's waste to give up extra healing to stack "pointless" hp on yourself when you are already among the last ones to die from aoe.
    Only situation where I could see it being viable option would be if you are needed for certain task where higher effective hp matters. But ye, I would worry more about effective hp in pvp.
    Last edited by ReveBeck; 03-25-2014 at 02:33 PM.
    Ambroo- Apotheosys

Reading the discussion lately about the lower tiers of Arbiter I'm currently looking at some potential changes for where some of the initial things are located in the tree/root. Here are the options I'm considering currently:
    • Leaving things as is.
    • Moving Energized Vitality to 4 point root, move Freezing Gust to 16 point root, and move Jolting Wave to where Freezing Gust currently is in tier 3 of the tree.

I don't want to move both Hardened Soul and Energized Vitality down. This would be too much of a potential Endurance boost for 4 points invested in the soul. That said, if you have a preference for one of the options let me know.
    Given the options I think swapping locations of Hardened Soul and Prismatic Ward is best.

For PvP it would give a very nice end increase.

For PvE, specifically leveling, I'm not sure if resists even matter. So again end + int is very nice for leveling.

I think it would potentially give Harb's another option as well as Chloro's who stack endurance.

I really do not like the idea of moving Jolting Wave as it being low in the tree would make leveling as tank not as fun imo. It's nice to have that AoE so low.

Reading the discussion lately about the lower tiers of Arbiter I'm currently looking at some potential changes for where some of the initial things are located in the tree/root. Here are the options I'm considering currently:
    • Leaving things as is.

I don't want to move both Hardened Soul and Energized Vitality down. This would be too much of a potential Endurance boost for 4 points invested in the soul. That said, if you have a preference for one of the options let me know.
    I am for
    [*]Moving Energized Vitality to 4 point root, move Freezing Gust to 16 point root, and move Jolting Wave to where Freezing Gust currently is in tier 3 of the tree.
    We can already subspec into a ranged interrupt with only 2 pts in Dom, we don't need another one (DPS specs shouldn't use tank subspec in PVE either).
    or [*]Swapping locations of Jolting Wave and Energized Vitality. if some people will need this interrupt.

While I agree than Endurance boost in tier 1 is supreme, people tend to forget that if you put 7-10 pts in Arb subsoul, it won't be different from what it is now (will still take Int and End). So, the last alternative is good for 4-7 pts only and won't give Energized Vitality at all, while the third will give you Energized Vitality in any case. While it is vulnerable to cleanses, it can be a good additional cover buff for both Chloro's Living Aegis (Aqueous Blessing -> Living Energy -> Energized Vitality -> LGV(if it's purgable) -> LA) and Harb's Empyrean Ascension (Aqueous Blessing -> Energized Vitality -> LGV -> Eldritch Armor -> EA).
    Last edited by VolsalexR; 03-25-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Default Arbiter from lvl1

It would be great to be able to access the new souls when you make a new character instead of having to use a potion the get to lvl 50 just to get the new souls. Although it is great I do like going through from lvl 1 learning each spell & buff as I go along. Is there a way to get the new souls at lvl 1????

Quote Originally Posted by VolsalexR View Post
    I am for
    [*]Moving Energized Vitality to 4 point root, move Freezing Gust to 16 point root, and move Jolting Wave to where Freezing Gust currently is in tier 3 of the tree.
    We can already subspec into a ranged interrupt with only 2 pts in Dom, we don't need another one (DPS specs shouldn't use tank subspec in PVE either).
    or [*]Swapping locations of Jolting Wave and Energized Vitality. if some people will need this interrupt.

While I agree than Endurance boost in tier 1 is supreme, people tend to forget that if you put 7-10 pts in Arb subsoul, it won't be different from what it is now (will still take Int and End). So, the last alternative is good for 4-7 pts only and won't give Energized Vitality at all, while the third will give you Energized Vitality in any case. While it is vulnerable to cleanses, it can be a good additional cover buff for both Chloro's Living Aegis (Aqueous Blessing -> Living Energy -> Energized Vitality -> LGV(if it's purgable) -> LA) and Harb's Empyrean Ascension (Aqueous Blessing -> Energized Vitality -> LGV -> Eldritch Armor -> EA).
    That be great if you only do pve, but would royally screw pvp for mages as far as this whole venture is concerned.

Ps people will still prefer 0 point arch for buff protection bc 5 for one gcd is way better than restacking all those buffs you listed out. Also since bc of that nobody would buy the arbiter soul for pvp.
    Last edited by Landstalker; 03-25-2014 at 03:44 PM.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    That be great if you only do pve, but would royally screw pvp for mages as far as this whole venture is concerned.

Ps people will still prefer 0 point arch for buff protection bc 5 for one gcd is way better than restacking all those buffs you listed out. Also since bc of that nobody would buy the arbiter soul for pvp.
    Some exagerration here, but you have a point.
    There could be a compromise that should satisfy both sides of barricades: swap Prismatic Ward with Hardened Soul and Energized Vitality with Freezing Gust(11pts)/Biting Wind(12pts) to make it available for 61 pt specs (would anyone use BW in non-tank spec at all?). This way it will give equal amount of Endurance to the "4 pts for Energized Vitality" variants, but only when you put 11/12+ points in it, and will be close to being on par with putting pts in Riftstalker for Rogues:
    5 pts: 10% AP + 138 End vs 10% End/Int + 3 % damage mitigation
    10 pts: 10% AP + 10% End + 138 End vs 10% End + 10% Int + 3% damage mitigation
    11/12+ pts: 10% AP + 10% End + 138 End vs 10% End + 10% Int + 3% damage mitigation + 138 End.

In this variant, Mages can spec 5 pts for basic survivability options, or 11/12+ pts to get even more survivability options and lose some damage/healing (61 Chloros f.e.)
    Last edited by VolsalexR; 03-25-2014 at 04:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast