+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Soul Feedback - Arbiter

I have given plenty of relevant feedback as well as reasoning behind suggestions. Part of my reasoning is as it stands i see no reason to buy it. I would think thats a primary concern for Trion.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Rift Disciple

I'm pretty sure they're going to bundle the souls all together. So even if people who have mages don't want the tank soul, doesn't mean people won't get it when they purchase the bundle for Oracle, Liberator, or Physician. If that's how they intend to sell the souls, again as a bundle, similar to the storm legion souls, then in that respect it be hard to figure out who bought the bundle for a particular soul. To this effect, Arbiter will likely "sell" rather well, because it will be sold with all the other souls.

There's also this weird stigma mages don't want this soul. When the dev's announced it they said it was because mages have been clamoring to tank. I believe this was announced on the livestream months and months ago. I for one know a lot more mages happy about this soul than not happy. My biggest gripe about the soul so far is that they haven't revealed any live gear for it. Other than that the soul functions fantastically as it is intended to the point that other tanks are complaining it's OP.

Who knows though, maybe this can be the Tactician of the bunch. A rare soul only a few use and has little points used in it for anything except soloing. With that being said, I feel this soul will get a lot more use than Tact, unless they nerf it into the ground and make it useless like they did Tact back when it didn't have target limits and higher aoe dps. Still I highly doubt them doing that to a tank soul.

As for soul hybridization, it's not like people are going to spec into Liberator or Physician for dps or survivability. Sure they give AP and Wep DMG% contribution early on, but it's not like they bring much more to the dps table, and they don't give that much the survivability table. Aegis of Sanctuary is the exception to this and warriors are asking that get moved up further into the tree to keep things fair.

Not everyone can have a warlord hybrid as well, the closes any other class has is NB/RS and it's nowhere near as lethal in PVP as warlord anything is. I mean I suppose you could go 54 Harb 20 Arb 2 Ele, and pull decent dps while having some survivabilty not to mention 20+% dodge and 20+% parry and if you turn on frosted ward about 35% Deflect, but it doesn't have any burst dps which makes it kind of meh from a pvp stand point.

Anyways back on point to the constructive feeback about the soul. I was going to ask the ranged arbiter abilities get bumped to 35m, but then noticed the ranged Justicar ones were 30m, so that wouldn't do well. It be nice to have something to do with the 40 extra charge from swirling winds when you have a 61 point investment into the soul. That just kind of seems like a waste seeing as there's not a way to actually have 140 charge. Maybe increase it to charge consuming abilities hit for 25% more with a base of 80 charge, and then fully speced it moves to 100 charge added?

Anyways, I think the soul is great, and I know people who only have the time to really play one toon are happy about the additional of all the new souls. This way they don't have to roll a second toon to get to be able to heal, tank, or even bard like support. I know there's been some complaining from people about everyone doing everything, but I think they might fail to see the advantages it gives the more casual players. That being said I have one of each toon all at level 60, and plan on playing all the new souls. I just like variety and not being pigeon holed into only being a tank, or only being a dps, or only being a healer. So again, thanks for the new souls, and I hope the QQing people do don't cause you devs to cringe too much.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    I have given plenty of relevant feedback as well as reasoning behind suggestions. Part of my reasoning is as it stands i see no reason to buy it. I would think thats a primary concern for Trion.
    I want to tank experts. Have no delusions of tanking raids, don't even want to better tanks in my guild.... but I do want to tank experts, 1 out of every 5 people needs to be able to tank so that's a lot of sales.

Did I roll mage to be able to tank experts? no, actually I rolled to heal. I only bought this game in the first place due to seeing the Chloro and thinking it was an novel approach to healing.

Then I dropped the game for a long time.... One day I heard a rumor on the internet they were going to add a mage tank. I came back. So yeah people do play mage to do things other than dps, and it is an asset to the game. (They've gotten so far about $150 bucks off me just from the promise of mage tank, and I haven't even bought the soul yet.)

Shield of Telara

I think in summation arb is lackluster at best. Does it perform it's role as a 61 tank? probably. But outside of that it has little to no synergy with any existing builds. Mages are in need of so much help on multiple levels and this soul could have solved a number of those problems, but alas in it's current form it does not.

Default Arb

Quite enjoying Arbiter a lot. As someone who has a 60 of each (like a lot of us do) I have tanked on the other classes. I feel Arbiter has some very unique abilities to it's own which make it very fun to play compared to the others. (Not saying the others aren't fun)

I really have no major gripes with it as of yet but I've only done a few experts. I'd like to try it in a 10 man or 20 to get a real good feel for it.

I wish it had a blink or flicker but a blink is unique to Rogue tanking.. still a flicker of sorts would be nice.

I don't see a need for it in PvP aside from an endurance boost and a few minor things but really, imo, people shouldn't be using a tank spec in PvP anyway. Aside from maybe CQ.
    Last edited by Jabberrwocky; 03-24-2014 at 07:39 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    If Devs decide to move endurance buff down in to the tree they should move interupt somewhere high above 15 points, because all of it together would offer way too much.
    I'll value that Energized Vitality in 4-root spot over the interrupt anyday.

RS also offers a blink attack at 11 pts, is that not "too much" as well?
    Last edited by Xallista; 03-25-2014 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberrwocky View Post

I don't see a need for it in PvP aside from an endurance boost and a few minor things but really, imo, people shouldn't be using a tank spec in PvP anyway. Aside from maybe CQ.
    you see it right, in this setup mages wont buy tank tree for pvp purposes its lack of good stuff. its worth only pve. I wont buy it. I don't play other callings.
    Mages need a solution for their survivability, this is in desperate situation. end boost would give us what we need finally.

just remove (in theory) rifstalker subsoul from every rogue build, and tell me what is left lol. no more mm+rs, sin+rs, nb+rs build. rogues would be almost as squishy as mages. especially assassins. who play assa without rs know how I mean it. And plz look around in your next few bg and count how many rogues use planeboud resilience in his build. PR is only 4 pts in a tank tree, so they still have 11 pts for another dps tree. balance. I give you a challenge, if you use rs in your builds remove it and play without PR for a week. after share your experience with us.

0 pt arbiter ability is a ****. seriously 3% dmg reduction?? almost nothing. koth 6790 instead of 7k lol. that wont save me. I would choose 0 pt archon on any day instead. and that soul I already have no need to pay for it.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xallista View Post
    I'll value that Energized Vitality in 4-root spot over the interrupt anyday.

RS also offers a blink attack at 11 pts, is that not "too much" as well?
    RS blink have 45sec cd, besides callings are balanced for different purposes. That's why Mage's get Trasnmogrify at 0 pts. + interupt and knockback at 2 pts and many other decent survivality abilities from other souls, like archon etc.

You still have the > option < to get that bonus survivality or utility but in a different ways. Rogues who go RS as subsoul will not deal as much dmg as those who for pure dps NB / MM / Ranger / BD but they prefer survivality because of how unorganized RIFT pvp usually is. The more survivality you have the more time it takes to kill you, even if you lose dps it doesnt matter much in PvP, because if you can life a little longer you can increase your chance of getting healed or run away to safe spot, etc.

Most players simply fail to focus fire and that's main reason to pick survivality over dps in pvp. I can go 61 sin / 5 MM / 10 NB for pure dps but even in full myrm and max PA I get only 26520 hp. Will I kill healers faster with this build? sure, but if enemy team decides to defend his healer I'll die very quickly. I'll often die before my healer get in range to heal me, hence I rather go for a build which worse dps but high survivality.

Arbiter gives mages lot's of suvivality and utility with a bit of a dmg as well. You just have to realize that pure dps is not always important. Try to improve your assisting and you wont notice this lose of a dmg. From my experience most mages simply fail to pick their targets and cannot utilize Inferno to it max potential. The more you assist the faster your targets drop below 40% hp and the more often you'll have a chance to use inferno. Average mage dps simply waste most of his time in pvp by hiting random targets or going full dps build and end with very low max HP. This is why they often get focused so often, because squishy targets get's priority for Warriors and Rogues.

If you dislike this kind of game play which mages offer atm, you should consider rerolling, because not every calling is supposed to be an Assassin who can decide when to engage or a Warrior who can just charge in with 40k+ hp and still do lot's of dmg in the same time (not to mention pulling squishy target from safe position right in front of first line zerg).
    Last edited by AlwaysHealNeverDie; 03-25-2014 at 08:45 AM.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #264
    Rift Team

Reading the discussion lately about the lower tiers of Arbiter I'm currently looking at some potential changes for where some of the initial things are located in the tree/root. Here are the options I'm considering currently:
    • Leaving things as is.
    • Swapping locations of Jolting Wave and Energized Vitality.
    • Moving Energized Vitality to 4 point root, move Freezing Gust to 16 point root, and move Jolting Wave to where Freezing Gust currently is in tier 3 of the tree.
    • Swapping locations of Hardened Soul and Prismatic Ward

I don't want to move both Hardened Soul and Energized Vitality down. This would be too much of a potential Endurance boost for 4 points invested in the soul. That said, if you have a preference for one of the options let me know.

RIFT Guide Writer

Would rather have hardened soul as a T1 talent. 10% Endurance >>> Flat boost
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Ascendant

Swapping the endurance boost with Interupt is the best option imo.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Id rather swap positions of prismatic ward and hardened soul.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    • Moving Energized Vitality to 4 point root, move Freezing Gust to 16 point root, and move Jolting Wave to where Freezing Gust currently is in tier 3 of the tree.
    • Swapping locations of Hardened Soul and Prismatic Ward
    I would be okay with either of these changes. Both options leave my with a good pairing of chloro or harb for solo and pvp play. It also allows some room to have a boosted 61 chloro in pvp for the surviablity without overdoing utlity.
    http://decimationgaming.enjin.com/home
    "People that slay together. Stay together!" - Me

Plane Walker

I like this one:
    • Swapping locations of Jolting Wave and Energized Vitality.
    It gives you three cheap (point-wise) survivability options for PvP builds.

11 points - 10% Intelligence, 10% endurance, endurance buff, ranged interrupt
    11 points - 15% resis, 10% endurance, endurance buff, ranged interrupt
    4 points - 8% Intelligence, endurance buff

The others:
    we lose a nice cheap interrupt.

• Swapping locations of Hardened Soul and Prismatic War
    you have to waste 5 more points for the endurance buff.

Thank you Kervik. I am sure you do not hear it enough.

Ps much rather have base end vs a buff which is gonna get purged. Ill buy the soul for tier one hardened soul, i will not for a hand me out energized vitality that will be useless for pvp imo.
    Last edited by Landstalker; 03-25-2014 at 11:17 AM.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast