+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 174
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Why don't we have anything for future patches?

  1. #46
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaezrael View Post
    Honestly stop complaining, learn how to play your class and you can compete just fine with warriors. Maybe not on a straight ST parse, but the harb changes are coming (2.7) to fix that. Warlock out parses tempest on plenty of the T2 and T1 fights, and harb does as well.

    Breaker - Mage can top the meter
    Volan - Mage can top the meter
    Warden - Mage SHOULD top the meter
    Abom - Mage can top the meter

    Not even going to list all of the T1 fights that mages can top the meters for,both st and aoe btw. Yea it would be great if we could get specs like defilemancer or the old SC spec where if you were good you beat the other classes, but that's not how the game works currently. The new T3 bosses require both a lot of ST and aoe dmg, and the devs have already said they would like to bring back the old aoe specs (hence the cab work), which means we may be seeing a stormcaller revamp in the near future, plus the harb changes which I'm pretty sure are coming with 2.7. I'm not saying mages are in the best spot but the amount of mage qq going on in the forums is ridiculous.
    really? if you have bad warrior yes for sure you can, DUDE skill vs skill , player vs player , POUND X POUND you will get completely destroyed by warrior dps for at least 2k or more if you play mage like a BOSS if you say mages can top dps you don't play rift or either you are trolling like a BOSS
    Last edited by elfaraon; 03-09-2014 at 09:32 AM.

  2. #47
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Maybe your mages can't, but I've seen plenty, both in my guild and many others that can. Do you do anything but complain on the forums?
    Last edited by Vaezrael; 03-09-2014 at 09:34 AM.


  3. #48
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaezrael View Post
    Maybe your mages can't, but I've seen plenty, both in my guild and many others that can.
    you are right, so why guilds are mostly looking for warrior dps? that can answer your question . Mages are behind respect to dps in raids that's a fact if you deny that you are biased . Go show me parse of your skilled mages I will show you how warriors gonna destroy every single skilled mage you have in your guild, NEXT.
    Last edited by elfaraon; 03-09-2014 at 09:36 AM.

  4. #49
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Link the warrior parses you have on those bosses I specifically listed then.


  5. #50
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaezrael View Post
    Link the warrior parses you have on those bosses I specifically listed then.
    links I want facts not mages can do , mages can do bla bla bla PROVES I will show you parse of warrior doing +36k dps easy and more if your mages can break 33k dps that day you will do a party. Dude you cant win this because you cant prove and justify what is wrong , its not what you wish its reality

  6. #51
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    140

    Default

    You are saying you can show parses of warriors destroying mages, so do it.


  7. #52
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Oh and I forgot about queen, Mages kill warriors on that boss.


  8. #53
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Why are people pretending there are T2 bosses other than Krizzix?

  9. #54
    RIFT Guide Writer NotTrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zadaine07 View Post
    You mean the sin changes just now that took us from dead last st melee which also has no aoe and poor disconnects and target swapping to just being slightly above harb on a fight with no cleave or disconnects.
    What? No, I'm not talking about the backstab QoL changes. Sin/nb has some of the most consistent dc ability in the game, especially sub-30. Everyone disregards fluff/aoe dmg anyway, so I don't know why you care about the 1pt fc spam change. If you don't think rogue can keep up in pure st you need to check some Cori streams(Dezar, Fluffy, etc).

  10. #55
    RIFT Guide Writer Allmightyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    links I want facts not mages can do , mages can do bla bla bla PROVES I will show you parse of warrior doing +36k dps easy and more if your mages can break 33k dps that day you will do a party. Dude you cant win this because you cant prove and justify what is wrong , its not what you wish its reality
    http://www.twitch.tv/illcupcakes/b/508594091

    Volan @1h:15m:50s
    Warden @2h:38m

    http://www.twitch.tv/beasstmode/b/508883840
    Pretty much the entire thing... of courses sometimes it goes better/worse (interupts and whatnot) but if you think that's not competitive... My dps will go up a lot in Abom platform since I can multidot and do a quick radiate in the back every 20 sec.

    My parse of choice
    Abom @1h:03m:50s

    Currently in t2, there's a lot of boss mechanics that can play in our favour if you actualy know what you're doing.

  11. #56
    RIFT Guide Writer Allmightyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    1 more

    http://www.twitch.tv/beasstmode/b/508848122

    Inyr@ 49m:45s

    Playing Harbchon, died twice to weirdo haxor walls.

  12. #57
    Plane Walker Mav986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    478

    Default

    I'm still waiting for someone to parse 25k in t1 gear

  13. #58
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allmightyone View Post
    ....if you actualy know what you're doing.
    That right there is one of the biggest problems.

    Love it or hate it, mage is one of the most difficult classes to play properly. I have a 60 of each and the others seem like a joke to dps in. This leads to a very high power curve, that sadly is beyond what most people can efficiently pull off in a raid setting. This means that your typical warrior, will destroy your typical mage in a dps race. Personally I enjoy the difficult nature of the mage, however the overwhelming majority of players do not have the skill to be able to pull off the rotations in a sufficient manor during raids.

    I'm not saying it's 100% impossible for a good mage to beat a warrior on some fights. You're a great mage, and we all know that skilled players are the single most important aspect to dps. However, I would wager that if you were given a warrior with identical gear to what your mage has, you would probably do even better than you do now.

    I only took the time to watch the first two fights you posted. And in it pretty much sums up what I was saying. On Volan you only had 1 other true dps mage, and he ended the fight a rediculous 12.5k dps behind your numbers which is roughly a 32% dps gap, meanwhile the 4 warrior dps were within 4k of each other at the time 2 of them died. And even with your lowest dps warrior being one of the ones that died, they still ended within 5k of each other which is only a 14% gap between all 4 of your dps warriors, even after counting in the death of the lowest dps war. Warden you had 4 of the 5 warriors in the top 7dps, and the 5th war doesn't really count as he was dead half the fight. The 4 remaining warriors had a 18% dps gap between the four of them. Meanwhile your second best mage of the 3 real dps mages finished a little over 7k behind you which is roughly a 25% dps gap between only 2 players, where the warriors had an 18% over 4 players. In short, mages had a high % gap between only a few players, meanwhile warriors had more players and still managed to fit in a smaller % difference.


    TL/DR, the skill gap is too large, causing the 1% of mages to be able to compete, while the other 99% can not. Which leads to a general unhealthy state of gameplay as the majority of mages feel inadequate.
    Last edited by vexare; 03-10-2014 at 01:32 AM.

  14. #59
    RIFT Guide Writer Allmightyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    That right there is one of the biggest problems.

    Love it or hate it, mage is one of the most difficult classes to play properly. I have a 60 of each and the others seem like a joke to dps in. This leads to a very high power curve, that sadly is beyond what most people can efficiently pull off in a raid setting. This means that your typical warrior, will destroy your typical mage in a dps race. Personally I enjoy the difficult nature of the mage, however the overwhelming majority of players do not have the skill to be able to pull off the rotations in a sufficient manor during raids.

    I'm not saying it's 100% impossible for a good mage to beat a warrior on some fights. You're a great mage, and we all know that skilled players are the single most important aspect to dps. However, I would wager that if you were given a warrior with identical gear to what your mage has, you would probably do even better than you do now.

    I only took the time to watch the first two fights you posted. And in it pretty much sums up what I was saying. On Volan you only had 1 other true dps mage, and he ended the fight a rediculous 12.5k dps behind your numbers which is roughly a 32% dps gap, meanwhile the 4 warrior dps were within 4k of each other at the time 2 of them died. And even with your lowest dps warrior being one of the ones that died, they still ended within 5k of each other which is only a 14% gap between all 4 of your dps warriors, even after counting in the death of the lowest dps war. Warden you had 4 of the 5 warriors in the top 7dps, and the 5th war doesn't really count as he was dead half the fight. The 4 remaining warriors had a 18% dps gap between the four of them. Meanwhile your second best mage of the 3 real dps mages finished a little over 7k behind you which is roughly a 25% dps gap between only 2 players, where the warriors had an 18% over 4 players. In short, mages had a high % gap between only a few players, meanwhile warriors had more players and still managed to fit in a smaller % difference.


    TL/DR, the skill gap is too large, causing the 1% of mages to be able to compete, while the other 99% can not. Which leads to a general unhealthy state of gameplay as the majority of mages feel inadequate.
    To each his own poison. I don't want to play a warrior.

    What would you suggest anyways? Making the mage class easier to play would require a near total class rebuild. We're lucky if we get QoL change on a few specs once every 6 months. Beside there's a lot of people, me included, that like how our specs are working. Like everyone there's a lot of stuff I want to be changed but the play style isn't one of them.

    Personally I make written guides, video guides and gameplay video so it's not like I'm shoving parses in this thread as a big F.U. to the community. What I don't like is when people call the entire calling a waste of space on any encounters in any raids. Warriors single target dps is too strong, no argument from me there, but the mages utilities are also very OP. I'll take the loss on the one mini boss that didn't require any real progression for the wins we can get on half the other fights. Yes the mages require more skill to play and imho it's a good thing that allow some players to find the niche they are looking for.

    P.S. That last paragraph wasn't a reply to your post Vexare. Just had something else to add to the thread.

  15. #60
    Ascendant radiomaryja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    really? if you have bad warrior yes for sure you can, DUDE skill vs skill , player vs player , POUND X POUND you will get completely destroyed by warrior dps for at least 2k or more if you play mage like a BOSS if you say mages can top dps you don't play rift or either you are trolling like a BOSS
    I heard raids have mechanics - you know, things you need to do other than dummy parse. Couldnt care less in "pound x pound" or whatever you call it. Mechanics and design if fights alliw all classes to shine. Stop QQ, seriously. Be constructive and add good suggestions instead of mindless complaining.
    I like my 30k+ on Volan and I don't think I'm useless as a mage in T2 raids. In fact with the way we do t2 bosses, having mage dps is very handy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts