+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mage changes = Zero, As per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by KarthosNZ View Post
    Count yourself luckier than our Warrior comrades; their only changes were a couple of nerfs.

Yay us, no nerfs, NO NERFS!
    Nerf?
    They got buffed PvE wise on all their tank spec.
    PvP changes hardly count in a game where PvP is all about gear gap.
    Just means instead of playing global kill tempest, they are gonna play whatever is the new FOTM for PvP.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Shield of Telara

I wouldn't exactly call warrior pvp a nerf. Lets face it, that was a fix and not a nerf. If you can honestly come up with a reason why warrior should have been allowed to essentially global someone to death then i'd love to hear it. People have known this was going to happen for a long time, it was just a matter of when.

Either I'm a complete idiot (which I accept if that's the case), or there was a ninja change to Corrosive Spores heal on Synth target recenty...
    I remember it healing for ~6k, now it's healing for ~11k. And no, that isn't crit. It crits now for 17-19k for me.

I've been mostly raid healing the last few weeks, and rarely have to use even Nature's Touch in Experts. We lost a tank heal Chloro so I got bumped up to that last night and I could have sworn that Corrosive Spores used to heal for only half of what I'm seeing now.

Last edited by KelbornOrdo; 02-14-2014 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    I think the mage/cleric dev is also working on Trove? Think I saw that somewhere. Anyway Cleric/Mage dev feels like he has abandoned working on mage/cleric. Pyro has been left behind the other class range dps souls for months.

Warlock DPS is neat for pve, but still sucks in pvp. Mage needs a few updates and QOL changes. Clerics need their cab tree re worked entirely that's been useless for a long time as well.
    Warlock is neat for PvE provided nothing hits you. Pretty much the same as every other non-chloromancer based mage soul.

Mage needs a lot more than a "few" updates, it needs a massive overhaul to a lot of things which just plain isnt going to happen.

Either more durability and damage, or better range/mobility and damage.

Better abilities, there is just so much GARBAGE in the mage tree's that has little to no purpose.

Malevolent shield, waste of a point
    58 point storm shroud barely ever works, has no real use.
    Mana regeneration talents in a tree which has a channeled mana regen along with leeching flames and mental flare, none of which are particularly useful except for mental flare.
    The huge necessity on some specs to be completely stationary, but at the same time deal crap damage, be susceptible to both reflect AND silence while total stationary and have to deal with crappy escape utility and LOWER control casting distance than warriors.

They should just delete mage entitirely imo, its fun but its completely in-effective at everything it does because it plain lacks decent utility, range damage and durability.

The only "niche" it has is mana draining, and its not durable enough to do that (plus anybody with half a brain can cleanse or interrupt wrench) and assassin/nightblade fulfil the niche of mana draining far more effectively with less potential risk to themselves because of their durability and utility.

Cabalist is fine for PvP, its utter wreck infact i don't see why people seem to think it needs work, it clearly doesn't, its just you don't really see people playing cabalist because sentinels are such a damn necessity.

And as for "but but pve!" well, its fine for AoE encounters but there aren't any so it has just the same issues as playing a stormcaller.

Honestly, its been 2 ****ing years or more and they have only ruined things the same over and over.

Warlord is basically 1.3 parachamp
    The valor buffs yesterday put the game back to 1.7 (mage was actually somewhat useful at this valor level though because at least it could GET A CAST OFF)

Its around and around in circles and these devs obviously don't know what they want from this game, or how to create a decently balanced MMORPG, a lot of it is plain and obvious to see.

They are good at coding shiny raid encounters with pretty standard mechanics that a reasonably well geared/organized group can complete following a scripted rock papper scissors sort of shindig.

And that's about it.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Quote Originally Posted by KelbornOrdo View Post
    Either I'm a complete idiot (which I accept if that's the case), or there was a ninja change to Corrosive Spores heal on Synth target recenty...
    I remember it healing for ~6k, now it's healing for ~11k. And no, that isn't crit. It crits now for 17-19k for me.

I've been mostly raid healing the last few weeks, and rarely have to use even Nature's Touch in Experts. We lost a tank heal Chloro so I got bumped up to that last night and I could have sworn that Corrosive Spores used to heal for only half of what I'm seeing now.

Yet oddly, even if true, chloromancer is still vastly inferior to sentinel.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-

Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call warrior pvp a nerf. Lets face it, that was a fix and not a nerf. If you can honestly come up with a reason why warrior should have been allowed to essentially global someone to death then i'd love to hear it. People have known this was going to happen for a long time, it was just a matter of when.
    Exactly, but warriors are still overpowered as hell because they pump out max damage and you simply can't touch them or get within 35m of one of them.

But they still QQ, somebody needs to give them a slap to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaxys View Post
    V1rul3n7 changes = Zero, As per usual

On a more constructive note, they usually don't spring changes onto live without them being on PTS first.
    There were no mage changes then, so no mage changes now.
    Probably with the next patch
    More like, probably 5 patches down the road after rogues and warriors get messed around with a little bit more.. You watch.

Then it will be the big "3.0!!" release and they will ruin everything yet again and we'll go around in a giant freaking circle.

If the "No range DPS blaaa " is for PvE you must be kidding me or just dont get it how you play warlock right.

PvP Mage is in really not that bad stand either( sure Chloro could def need a bit of an Buff^^), just if you think Dom isnt good, you probably should really just play another "lets makro everything" class and let it be...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

Rift Master

I swear you play Mage just to QQ about it

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    Yet oddly, even if true, chloromancer is still vastly inferior to sentinel.
    I actually kind of agree. I feel like Chloro is the "complementary healer". Goes well with others, but alone kind of sucks. My Cleric would be my main, if I had leveled her first and my guild wasn't inundated with Cleric healers in the first place. I typically raid heal alongside a Warden or two; only went tank heals since a few healers /gquit on us.

Rift Chaser

In last few months only 1 change to 1 class = to warlock. and thats it, those pvp changes cant even count as change its just 2 lines of code reworked. ( ~3 min time needed).

warior and rogue changes are anounced 6 month ago so it will be maybe in 3.0

and why? because all of them playing family Archage server.

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #27
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    I think the mage/cleric dev is also working on Trove? Think I saw that somewhere. Anyway Cleric/Mage dev feels like he has abandoned working on mage/cleric. Pyro has been left behind the other class range dps souls for months.

Warlock DPS is neat for pve, but still sucks in pvp. Mage needs a few updates and QOL changes. Clerics need their cab tree re worked entirely that's been useless for a long time as well.
    No, the mage/cleric dev is not also working on Trove. He is working on RIFT full time as he always has.

Sorry guys, you won't get class updates to your class in every single patch.

~Daglar

No, the mage/cleric dev is not also working on Trove. He is working on RIFT full time as he always has.

~Daglar
    You guys should add it to the code of conduct so you can ban people for starting ridiculous rumors. I know of at least two accounts that would be gone

Plane Walker

~Daglar
    I don't think people expect class updates every week, but having 1.5 viable dps souls out of 7 is kinda pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    You guys should add it to the code of conduct so you can ban people for starting ridiculous rumors. I know of at least two accounts that would be gone
    And I hear they are both sockpuppets of Daglar! /ridiculousrumour

ohnowhathaveidon - BAN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast