+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Why are mages forced to play melee(harbinger)? Trion we need our lovely pyro dps back

Quote Originally Posted by Socooldown View Post
    I

RNG is RNG, I know, but pyro/harb are heavy RNG dependant. I have seen plenty of times 0-10% crit rate on hard-hits even with critical strike potions. Low base crit chance rate, no matter which subspecs you use, and we are relying on 2min big cooldowns for doing damage.
    Agree.Mages have much less crit rate than warriors/clerics(insane much less).Change at least Pyro Heat wave cooldawn to 1 min to be fair with other souls(15 sec Duration HW same as Tempests, but 2 min cd instead 1 min that Tempests have = nice balance?) Even warlock have 1 min CD burst.Change Empowered Darkness to 2 min that Pyro have atm and see what happens...

Brobert /// Arm Dearg /// Zaviel
    RoF - 4/4.
    MS - 5/5(Threngar EU 3rd)
    TF - 2/3

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    Because Pyro isn't our main ranged DPS soul.

Ele is our premier range all-burst soul.

Warlock is our best sustained + Dual/Triple Cleave.

Necro is our best on-demand ranged burst/ST mix.

Pyro is a mix of Ele burst + Warlock sustain, best used for hybrid fights that need a mix of both.

Stormcaller is our highest AE vs 6+ targets.

Every soul has a purpose for a different fight. Not using each soul to its highest potential is defeating the purpose of a class with many and varied answers to almost every situation.
    Nice derailing. I think the question was different. Look at topic.

Yes, the question was different - the answer to it is:
    No, you are not forced to play Harbringer anywhere. I'm pretty sure you could Warlock/Pyro on every single encounter in t2. Would you be on top of the parse? Most likely not. Would you be a burden to your raid? That is questionable and depends on your raid composition.
    Some people really should think before posting -.-
    Last edited by radiomaryja; 02-16-2014 at 08:54 AM.

Sword of Telara

ofc there is no need to play harbinger if other callings are doing enough dps to avoid the enrage/killing mechanic of a boss.

we all should play elementalist just to see how far we can go with that?!

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    Arent mages suppose to have their highest dps with a ranged soul? Why Pyro is so bad for raid dps if its our main ranged soul?
    Looks like you guys missed half the question. Read more than topic, yeah?
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Soulwalker

Dear trion,
    Please nerf rock..
    Paper is fine...
    Sincerely Scissors

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    Yes, the question was different - the answer to it is:
    No, you are not forced to play Harbringer anywhere. I'm pretty sure you could Warlock/Pyro on every single encounter in t2. Would you be on top of the parse? Most likely not. Would you be a burden to your raid? That is questionable and depends on your raid composition.
    Some people really should think before posting -.-
    Translation: Even though mages kinda suck, we can be carried through content by the rest of the classes performing well.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    Translation: Even though mages kinda suck, we can be carried through content by the rest of the classes performing well.
    I hear clerics have sore shoulders from carrying since launch. Trion should invest in personal masseuse to be bought in Rift store discounted for clerics.

Does nobody find it kind of strange that of all the top melee souls harbinger is the only soul without any inherent form of a crit buff? And that it is entirely reliant on other souls for crit chance unlike others?

Paragon - double jeopardy +9% crit chance on follow up attacks, +10% strength, flowing strikes +15% crit chance, way of the river +3% crit

Shaman - Vicious streak +5% crit chance, Frozen embrace +10% crit chance for water and air abilities, rage of the north 10 stacks of op of +10% crit

Assassin - Ruthlessness +5% crit, Improved savage strike: savage strike and +10% crit chance, advanced flanking + 10% crit chance for backstab, +9% final blow, lethal poison +5% crit debuff

Harbinger - nothing. like nothing at all.
    Last edited by Nnnxia; 02-16-2014 at 06:34 PM.

@Radio, you know damn well that if you play Pyro on every encounter the question is not "will you be top dps?" it's "will you be bottom dps?". And the answer will be "If there's a marksman, no and if there's a ranger, 50/50 chance". Pyro is far behind Tempest/Lock and even still behind Inquisitor, but at least Inquisitor has the ability to double and triple dot on encounters that allow it, so it can attempt to compete with Tempest/Lock.

Really the title should be "Why does Pyro suck?", rather than what it is because you could run Lock on just about everything instead of Harb.

Quote Originally Posted by Deylia View Post
    Dear trion,
    Please nerf rock..
    Paper is fine...
    Sincerely Scissors
    this is nuclear war m8

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    Does nobody find it kind of strange that of all the top melee souls harbinger is the only soul without any inherent form of a crit buff? And that it is entirely reliant on other souls for crit chance unlike others?

Paragon - double jeopardy +9% crit chance on follow up attacks, +10% strength, flowing strikes +15% crit chance, way of the river +3% crit

Shaman - Vicious streak +5% crit chance, Frozen embrace +10% crit chance for water and air abilities, rage of the north 10 stacks of op of +10% crit

Assassin - Ruthlessness +5% crit, Improved savage strike: savage strike and +10% crit chance, advanced flanking + 10% crit chance for backstab, +9% final blow, lethal poison +5% crit debuff

Harbinger - nothing. like nothing at all.
    I'd rather they fix the whole dodge nonsense instead of giving a crit chance. Besides, going into Elementalist ( which is what most people do ) gives you +5% crit chance and if you take the 3 points for lightning strike increase you get +15% damage increase and crit chance increase. Same as with points in Pyro, so it really balances out ok in that respect.

As i've said, they should fix the whole dodge crap so you can make it based off your Intelligence or spell power divided by what ever *shrugs* so the abilities and talents that use dodge are useful otherwise it's just pointless talents/abilities and wasted space.

Fix up dodge and fix up Insult to Injury shield so it stacks with other shields like Ice shield and doesn't get overwritten.

Harbinger = fixed and balanced.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    I'd rather they fix the whole dodge nonsense instead of giving a crit chance. Besides, going into Elementalist ( which is what most people do ) gives you +5% crit chance and if you take the 3 points for lightning strike increase you get +15% damage increase and crit chance increase. Same as with points in Pyro, so it really balances out ok in that respect.

As i've said, they should fix the whole dodge crap so you can make it based off your Intelligence or spell power divided by what ever *shrugs* so the abilities and talents that use dodge are useful otherwise it's just pointless talents/abilities and wasted space.

Fix up dodge and fix up Insult to Injury shield so it stacks with other shields like Ice shield and doesn't get overwritten.

Harbinger = fixed and balanced.
    Any lightning strike points is a dps loss, and you won't have enough for 3pts anyway unless you're running a sub-par build to begin with.

So you're idea of how to fix our 'best' dps class is to give it more defensive crap?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    Any lightning strike points is a dps loss, and you won't have enough for 3pts anyway unless you're running a sub-par build to begin with.

So you're idea of how to fix our 'best' dps class is to give it more defensive crap?
    Er, yeah, because it doesn't need a buff to damage and if you truely think it does you have no idea how to play a Harbinger.

The soul only needs to be refined not buffed and by me saying refined, I mean fixing things that are already in it, for example, the dodge side of things.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    Er, yeah, because it doesn't need a buff to damage and if you truely think it does you have no idea how to play a Harbinger.

The soul only needs to be refined not buffed and by me saying refined, I mean fixing things that are already in it, for example, the dodge side of things.
    I am well versed in how to efficiently play Harbinger, perhaps it is your guilds warriors and shaman that should learn how to play if you think that Harbinger dps is on par with our counterparts builds.

As for dodge it is pretty much perfect as is. Useful during the level grind, and a perfect pair once our tank role comes around in 3.0. 10% dodge and 10% hps through lock for our 15 sub points.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast