+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Matching pyrochon damage on a 61 or 51 pyro spec? (PVP)

Plane Touched

Default Matching pyrochon damage on a 61 or 51 pyro spec? (PVP)

Is this even possible?

I was rather amazed at how much stronger the spec is compared to the 61 pyro/10 elem/5 harb one that I use as well, especially with Power in Numbers bonus with 3 auras up.

Compared to the 61 pyro, the pyrochon's cinderburst hits about as hard as fulminate, earthen barrage/spark shower nearly as hard as (61 pyro) cinderburst. This doesn't even take into account the additional damage dealt against a target with crumbling resistance, nor the additional DPS added by illuminate.

The main issue with pyrochon is that it is primarily a PVE spec and lacks mobility (lots of hard-casting needed, less instants), but I was wondering if there was a 61/51 pyro variant that could come close to matching the damage of the pyrochon for PVP?

RIFT Guide Writer

In terms of raw numbers, no. Pyrochon itself comes with an almost full set of raid buffs, so no spec can go straight-up toe-to-toe with it due to missing crit rate + damage multipliers.0
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Plane Walker

Pumping out high and steady dps is the key to pvp... ;-)

Plane Touched

Well I did some changes here and there to cater the pyrochon build towards a PVP spec.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#G...AE/iG58ASHOa/S

+ Backdraft (2 sec cast time aoe stun)
    + Unbreakable Bonds (8 sec root)
    + Fire Shield (15% hp shield per 30 seconds)
    + Flowing Sand (30% snare, 50% movement speed inc)
    + Wellspring (4% x3 reduced damage taken with the auras)
    - Lava Field
    - Only 2/3 on Wild Fire (it has a long ICD anyway) and 4/5 Improved Glyph (2% less damage, receive 1% more damage)
    - 0/3 Innate Fire

I'm really liking it so far, very nice damage output considering that the non-crit hit nearly as hard as my 61 pyro's crits, and the crits you get are quite monstrous. The debuffs also gives far more utility to the team as well than just instant fireballs (even those are far stronger than the 61 pyro ones).

Shadowlander

Default Purging Flames

Make sure to grab Purging Flames; it's possibly the most OP spell in the game for PVP.

+ Reply to Thread