+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By lgw
  • 1 Post By VolsalexR

Thread: PyroArchon , harbon, Archon Build For PVP

Default PyroArchon , harbon, Archon Build For PVP

Wanna start messing around with archon so wat are the builds in pvp which have archon that people are running nowadays? PVP POV pls thanks!
    61 archon?
    Pyroarchon?
    Harbon?
    Soul build link would be nice! Thanks!

lgw

Use 40 Arch / 36 Pyro / 0 Dom. You may move 1p in Archon from Vital Assistance, and you could arguably grab Fiery Resolve (then 0/3 Internalise Charge) or Backdraft (then 4/5 Glyph of Power) in Pyro, but the Pyro options are, while not mandatory, straight up worse then my default variant.

PyroChon (large groups / range) is by far the best PVP-DPS specs Mages currently have, together with 61 Harb / 8 Chl / 7 Ele for small group / melee situations. Any other DPS specs are worth by a large margin.
    (51+ Dom, Chloro/Dom, 61 Necro/Dom, 61 Chloro / 11 Pyro / 4 Harb are the viable non-DPS options we have.)
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Ascendant

consider drop 2 point in pyro for fire shield and backdraft. I'd probably drop them out of wildfire but this is your choice. the shield is more useful than you know, and backdraft can get you out of a sticky situation..

leeching flames is IMO very good in pvp. great instant, procs cinderburst from armor last time I checked (some time ago).
    Last edited by ururu; 01-29-2014 at 09:41 AM.

I run a similar Pyrochon spec in WFs sometimes ( except 2/3 Wildfire, it has 30 sec ICD so doesn't matter, with Fire Shield) and I can say it is very powerful and useful for the group. However, I wouldn't recommend using it in small scale & objective high WFs - BG & Library, because Pyrochon is weak 1vs1 even with Wellspring and 80% of its spells are casts and they will be constantly interrupted with LoS (line of sight restriction).

It is very powerful in a zerg because when you aren't targeted you are a true glass cannon spec - all your spell have 1.0-1.6 sec cast time and hit extremely hard, esp Archon damage+buff spells. CB proc will hit very hard too. Moreover, while DPSing you will keep and refresh 5% crit, 5% damage and 15% mov speed buffs, and when your party needs a big DPS boost (like clash for a Carthan Ridge/ Whitefall Steppes objectile) you can pop Lava Field + Flaring Power which will be totally a ~30% damage increase for allies in the area of Lava Field. Flaring Power boosts SP so it will help your healers too.

Summary - his proc& cons:

Pros:
    + Does big sustained damage so you can compete in damage done chart even with 61 Pyros and can burst with Spark Shower(cast) + CB proc + Inferno which all land at the same time, every 15 seconds.
    + Provides allies in a 35m radius with buffs and doesn't need to distract from DPSing for keeping them (except auras every 5 mins, but you can sacrifice Heat Wave, take Patron's Rage and forget about it)
    + Can increase all raid members damage/healing by 15% for 30 sec every 2 minutes (people constantly die in WFs so 5 min debuff will often be cleansed)
    + Can boost up to 10 party members damage by 15% (multiplicative) for 6-10 seconds if they keep near your character/each other. Can be reset with Heat Wave to use 2 at once and double its radius of effect or use it again when the previous expires.
    + Has an AOE cleanse/purge that you can use both for negating enemy Dominators/Cabbalists or purge an important target(s)
    + Takes 12% less damage so is a bit less squishy than Pyro.

Cons:
    - Almost everything is casts so your damage can be gimped with hiding behind objectiles and interrupts.
    - Bad choice for 1 vs 1 because it is too stationary and almost everybody has an interrupt and|or silence skill.
    - Has much less CC than Pyro which is often crucial in PVP.
    Last edited by VolsalexR; 01-29-2014 at 09:53 AM.

Thanks for the input guys!! really helps alot ^^

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Risp View Post
    Thanks for the input guys!! really helps alot ^^
    what level are you? lower level pvp is really fun so dont be scared to dive in. the big gotcha is put something in every slot, even if its a level 1 grey item it will buff it.

lgw

Mostly agree with Volsa, but a few small corrections:

Quote Originally Posted by VolsalexR View Post
    I run a similar Pyrochon spec in WFs sometimes ( except 2/3 Wildfire, it has 30 sec ICD so doesn't matter, with Fire Shield) and I can say it is very powerful and useful for the group.
    WF ICD is 15s.
    I personally want to get it up ASAP again, as it helps a lot with mobility and finishing people.

Fire Shield is hit or very-often-miss. If you have a some ambient base healing around (even if just a Bard or so), by the time you get focused it 9 out of 10 times is on ICD and won't help you survive.

It is very powerful in a zerg because when you aren't targeted you are a true glass cannon spec
    Right on what follows, but you are not really a classic glass cannon.
    12% straight mitigation and the ability to help with self dispelling is a lot more than almost any other spec gets. Then add the fact that your are ranged and have a some nice G-T-F-O tricks (Flicker, Flowing Sand), and you are actually quite resilient.
    Tell me a story about it, as I tend to get marked and singled out way to often in WFs. So unless a spec has some basic resilience, I just won't run it due that fact.

+ Does big sustained damage so you can compete in damage done chart even with 61 Pyros and can burst with Spark Shower(cast) + CB proc + Inferno which all land at the same time, every 15 seconds.
    If you keep Earthen Barrage in reserve (it has 30s buff duration anyway), you will get even bigger burst if necessary due its long flight time.
    Feel free to prep your own targets with Crumbling Resistances and the non-dispellable Illuminate. Together with pre-purging great to nuke some annoying enemy healers.

- Bad choice for 1 vs 1 because it is too stationary and almost everybody has an interrupt and|or silence skill.
    - Has much less CC than Pyro which is often crucial in PVP.
    If you run it in groups, there tends to be too much random CCs anyway. You should be assisting / finishing off targets or doing group support like purging the enemies. I tend to get by quite fine with a root and a disarm to save myself or healers from enemy melee.
    1v1 it's not good, but if you play aggressive in the few random 1v1s that sometimes still happen, you have a good shot simply due your big offensive numbers and base resilience. If things look bad just leg it early with Flowing Sands.
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    :
    WF ICD is 15s. I personally want to get it up ASAP again, as it helps a lot with mobility and finishing people.
    I wasn't sure about ICD of Wildfire and took 61 Pyro to test Wildfire (it is procced by Fireball so i spammed FB and measured time between when 1st and 2nd WF proc appeared - with immediately using all the procs and without doing it). 2nd proc never appeared earlier than 30 seconds after first proc (proc lasts 15 seconds but it can't reappear immediately if you don't use it). Test duration was about 10 minutes so I am wrong only if I had terrible RNG.

However, I agree with Wildfire being a useful tool to use as often as possible, so leaving 3/3 Wildfire can be more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    :Right on what follows, but you are not really a classic glass cannon.
    12% straight mitigation and the ability to help with self dispelling is a lot more than almost any other spec gets. Then add the fact that your are ranged and have a some nice G-T-F-O tricks (Flicker, Flowing Sand), and you are actually quite resilient.
    Tell me a story about it, as I tend to get marked and singled out way to often in WFs. So unless a spec has some basic resilience, I just won't run it due that fact.
    You are right here, it is just a "cannon" But just like a real cannon, it can effectively destroy people only when it doesn't draw enemy attention much (isn't targeted, especially by melee fighters, at least immediately)

I agree with other 2 corrections.

+ Reply to Thread