+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31
Like Tree4Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mage Presets

  1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    675

    Default Mage Presets

    Hey everyone,

    As many of you know, we’re adding some new talent presets to the game. We have several of them that were determined by the contest we ran, and those will be showing up in the game in the near future. However, as several people have pointed out, the new presets don’t quite cover all of the bases. In most cases missing builds are fairly common ones, but there may be some others that just weren’t entered into the contest.

    Here’s a quick list of the winning presets from the contest for Mages:
    1. Support: Archonbinger - Dunced
    2. DPS: The Beginner - Dunced
    3. DPS: Leafblade - DegnaRed
    4. Support: Fire Hunter - Burninalways
    5. DPS: Quintessential Harbinger
    6. Healer: Healing Blade - Igw
    7. Support: Eldritch Knight - Burninalways

    You can also take a look at the other entries to the contest here

    What I’m looking for at this point are the important Mage builds that are not currently part of the preset list (including the contest winners). Suggestions can include builds that were part of the contest, but did not win. It can also include updates to existing presets that may be close, but not quite there. You can also suggest builds that aren’t in any of these categories that you feel would be a beneficial preset for people to have access to. As a side note, you can also point out any of the existing presets that just shouldn’t be there and we will look at removing them if they’re not used or an ineffectual build.

    The end result of all of this will be a few additional presets being created to fill in the gaps so the presets provide good and up-to-date builds for people to use. These suggestions don’t need to follow the contest format and can just link to a build or one of the guides in the forums if a guide exists. We’ll give credit out if an existing guide is used to create the preset.

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer Burninalways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    What I consider to be in need of presets:

    Chloromancer - Ahov should be able to provide name
    Ahov's Chloromancer Guide
    With 61 Chloro/10 Necro/5 Harb should be a must have.


    Pyromancer - needs a preset name as writer is no longer active.
    Valvalval Advanced Pyromancer Guide [#2.3]
    With 61 Pyromancer 10 Warlock 5 Harbinger, though out of date it should still be best guide with best spec.


    Warlock - Reaper
    Quick Warlock Guide
    With 61 Warlock, 9 Necromancer, 6 Harbinger, if lock changes had come sooner I would have done the preset.
    Goggle Spreadsheet - completed updating.


    Necromancer - needs a preset name as writer is no longer active.
    Necromancer DPS [#2.3]
    With 61 Necromancer 15 Elementalist 0 Pyromancer, though out of date it should still be best guide with best spec.


    Necrobringer - needs a preset name as writer is no longer active, though already a great name.
    Valvalval Necrobinger [#2.3.10]
    With 37 Necromancer 33 Harbinger 6 Elementalist, though out of date it's a nice spec to see.


    Any Leveling Guides of different specs would be great, from level 1-60 or 50-60.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 01-09-2014 at 09:03 AM.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Xenoheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    The main concern I have is this:


    Not F2P (SL soul pack required)
    Archonbinger - Buff Support
    harb/chloro - Solo spec
    61 Harb - DPS Spec
    Leaf Blade - Healing spec
    Eldrich knight - Healing Support

    Full F2P
    Fire Hunter Buff Support
    The Beginner DPS

    Even the above post, four of the five require SL or SL soul pack and aren't available for F2P. I feel the majority of presets should not require SL purchase to use and I'd like to see some more soul templates available to F2P players. It shouldn't be that 75% of templates require an SL soul pack.

    I will link some builds that dont require SL soul packs that might be good as templates when I get home from work.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 01-08-2014 at 03:34 PM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Burninalways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    Even the above post, four of the five require SL or SL soul pack and aren't available for F2P. I feel the majority of presets should not require SL purchase to use and I'd like to see some more soul templates available to F2P players. It shouldn't be that 75% of templates require an SL soul pack.
    Yea those people without SL souls won't have the presets show for them, which is a real shame, might as well make them all free and included with a standard rift game.

    When F2P first came out no content was meant to be blocked and yet you are required to pay to get the SL Souls.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 01-08-2014 at 04:06 PM.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker Dunced's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    What I consider to be in need of presets:

    Chloromancer - Ahov should be able to provide name
    Ahov's Chloromancer Guide
    With 61 Chloro/10 Necro/5 Harb should be a must have.
    Might just as well put Valery's Chloromancer Guide instead. It is both good guides and about the same, but would feel better if it is coming from a main Mage rather than a Cleric.

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    819

    Default

    To be honest i really dont get why there need to be 2 harbchon builds in the preset.

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer Burninalways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    Warlock - Reaper
    Quick Warlock Guide
    With 61 Warlock, 9 Necromancer, 6 Harbinger, if lock changes had come sooner I would have done the preset.
    Goggle Spreadsheet - completed updating.
    Completed the spreadsheet so you can see that all you required is done (what i wanted the preset to say), also posted in the contest thread.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 01-09-2014 at 09:11 AM.

  8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Thanks for the suggestions and links everyone. This is a big help in making sure people have some valid builds to fall back on if they're having trouble on their own.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Xenoheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    I dont have guide links or links to specific point set-ups yet, cant do it till this weekend, but I am specifically thinking of builds for F2P players (aka relative good variety of builds for peeps without harb). Trying to think of good easy to use builds and I definitely feel each calling should be represented.

    Warlock alternative:
    61 warlock | 15 Necro | 0 Dom
    scales best for leveling players, having hardly any intelligence makes chloro version that early a waste. Also less to manage but still pulls amazing DPS. Comes with both an interrupt and a purge and you can do solo play with it.

    Chloro Alternative:
    61 Chloro | 15 lock
    Not much difference from current template but instead now its built to emphases a full life leach (helps nicely with raid healing chloro), as well as provides access to extra charge gain and HP.

    Elechloro
    61 ele | 15 chloro
    This was my bread and butter solo spec for newbs back for ember isle days, and the only spec that worked for me in upstairs matron back in HK days...usually was rogues that had to go up there but this spec made it easier for mages, tested again and its still amazing. All your damage and such heals you and your pet, it can still take a heavy beating, you can bloom it, DPS rotation is easy, and life spells wont mess with your cycle buffs. Splash heals and easy target switching make it great for IAs and duo chronicles. This is basically the alternative to the solo harb/chloro build.

    Thats all I have for now, I have a few more to add later.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunced View Post
    Might just as well put Valery's Chloromancer Guide instead. It is both good guides and about the same, but would feel better if it is coming from a main Mage rather than a Cleric.
    That argument isn't exactly valid. Mage was my main at one point and I still keep up-to-date with specs. I even have a Life Leech variant which is top LGV hps and dps, and Valery doesn't include that.

    Is Valery still active within the game? If not, he may not continue updating guides to reflect patches.
    Last edited by Ahov; 01-10-2014 at 05:58 PM.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser Rahak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey everyone,

    As many of you know, we’re adding some new talent presets to the game. We have several of them that were determined by the contest we ran, and those will be showing up in the game in the near future. However, as several people have pointed out, the new presets don’t quite cover all of the bases. In most cases missing builds are fairly common ones, but there may be some others that just weren’t entered into the contest.

    Here’s a quick list of the winning presets from the contest for Mages:
    1. Support: Archonbinger - Dunced
    2. DPS: The Beginner - Dunced
    3. DPS: Leafblade - DegnaRed
    4. Support: Fire Hunter - Burninalways
    5. DPS: Quintessential Harbinger
    6. Healer: Healing Blade - Igw
    7. Support: Eldritch Knight - Burninalways

    You can also take a look at the other entries to the contest here

    What I’m looking for at this point are the important Mage builds that are not currently part of the preset list (including the contest winners). Suggestions can include builds that were part of the contest, but did not win. It can also include updates to existing presets that may be close, but not quite there. You can also suggest builds that aren’t in any of these categories that you feel would be a beneficial preset for people to have access to. As a side note, you can also point out any of the existing presets that just shouldn’t be there and we will look at removing them if they’re not used or an ineffectual build.

    The end result of all of this will be a few additional presets being created to fill in the gaps so the presets provide good and up-to-date builds for people to use. These suggestions don’t need to follow the contest format and can just link to a build or one of the guides in the forums if a guide exists. We’ll give credit out if an existing guide is used to create the preset.
    i love how all but two are basically melee
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

  12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Hey all,

    The first pass on the new list of presets is mostly complete. Here's a quick list of the builds as a preview:

    DPS
    • The Beginner - 44 Ele/32 Necro/0 Dom
    • Leafblade - 58 Harb/18 Chloro/0 Archon
    • Quinessential Harbinger - 61 Harb/8 Chloro/7 Ele
    • Reaper - 61 Lock/15 Necro/0 Archon
    • Gravelord - 61 Necro/15 Ele/0 Pyro
    • Flamecaller - 61 Pyro/10 Lock/5 Archon
    • Shadow Reaper - 36 Necro/32 Harb/8 Chloro
    • Death Walker - 37 Necro/33 Harb/6 Ele
    • Summoner - 61 Ele/15 Chloro/0 Pyro
    • Eldritch Ally - 42 Harb/21 Ele/13 Necro
    • Stormbringer - 61 SC/10 Dom/5 Ele

    Healing
    • Healing Blade - 42 Chloro/34 Harb/0 Archon
    • Sage - 61 Chloro/10 Necro/5 Ele

    Support
    • Archonbinger - 40 Archon/34 Harb/2 Ele
    • Fire Hunter - 40 Archon/36 Pyro/0 Dom
    • Eldritch Knight - 40 Archon/32 Harb/4 Chloro

    In several cases I have erred on the side of free to play for these presets. There are high damage/healing builds possible that incorporate Harbinger, but I wanted to make things a bit more accessible than they would be with more of them utilizing Harbinger.

    Once the initial update to PTS is done for 2.6 you should be able to check these out in more depth there.

  13. #13
    RIFT Guide Writer Burninalways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey all,

    The first pass on the new list of presets is mostly complete. Here's a quick list of the builds as a preview:
    Spoiler!

    In several cases I have erred on the side of free to play for these presets. There are high damage/healing builds possible that incorporate Harbinger, but I wanted to make things a bit more accessible than they would be with more of them utilizing Harbinger.

    Once the initial update to PTS is done for 2.6 you should be able to check these out in more depth there.
    Well that's all good for f2p people.
    However is it possible to make it that if a player has the SL Souls that they get those overridden with our specs that have the SL Soul.
    While if the don't have the SL Souls they get your versions.

    Other wise your not going to have as half them show up anyway, because they have deep Harbinger and not 6 points which can be easily changed to another soul.
    Warriors are most likely going to have the same problem with Tempest as we do with Harbinger.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 01-15-2014 at 06:32 AM.

  14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    675

    Default

    We may be able to do something like that in the future, but we aren't able to hide a build if you have the SL souls at the moment. It make sense to be able to do something like that though. I'll check into it.

  15. #15
    RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    16,859

    Default

    I'm not sure I'd want them hidden, because while I do have SL souls, I often want to see the stuff available to other players.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts