+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree4Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mage Presets

Soulwalker

Default Still Relevant?

Good Day,

I am returning player (long absence) so I am pretty much starting over and trying to find that class to raise up to max level, are these presets still relevant after patching/class balancing? I only ask since I feel like a necro bringing this topic back from the dead... Pun intended.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Wardyn View Post
    Good Day,

I am returning player (long absence) so I am pretty much starting over and trying to find that class to raise up to max level, are these presets still relevant after patching/class balancing? I only ask since I feel like a necro bringing this topic back from the dead... Pun intended.
    Rogue and Mage play the best being free to play (Tactican Arbiter Physican Frostkeeper Harbinger MysticalArcher Shadeborn are more nice-to-have; in this best-worst- order)

(Every spec seems powerful when entering the Celestial Lands first since the first couple mobs in Skatherran have laughibly low hp)

The specs differ since the lvl 70 weapon mechanic is about adding base dmg to abilities where 'many small numbers' gain more from it. While leveling you may want a hard hitting one (pyro oneshotleveling at lvl 28 IPP)

Necro gains by fighting against multiple enemies (Corpse Explosion) while having a little slower fights as a dot-class. As leveling running a high burst spec with cc turns out to be more fun and more efficient since the cc makes you able to evade unwatned fights (MM and Pyro - also every legendary is a fun and rewarding upgrade)

Mages are back to range casting after having a Harbinger Melee meta in 65. With Pyro and Ele as carrying ranged cleave dps and Archont as bread and butter Support being used in any proper Raid setup while being able to deal good damage. The Tank is a beast on dmg reduction and surviveability while having good options for healing. While almost any spec can be used with chloromancer providing heals reaching into ridiculus numbers; the 61 is still as viable as it always was.
    Looking through it the preset 61 pyro with SC seems fair enough with the runspeed and an instant Cinder Burst to start fights off while having some cc to evade.
    When lacking gear just go 61Harbinger8Arbiter(for Arcande Ward) [making you able to do Daily elites being fresh 70 + having a stealth aggro reset every 30 secs]

Rogues breathe the new Hellfire Blade Buff turning any spec into a cleave hybrid. Very mobile ranged specs, brutal aoe burst without buildups, a solid tank with aoe dmg or healing potential aswell as a stupidly easy tactbard Healsup. The biggest benefit is theyr Eternal buff buffing the raid with 4% more dmg.

For beginners there are two 61 ranger presets with the same specs and different names. Your pet may dies. being dependent on a 1min cd and the legendaries are 'use x more abilities to start gaining'.
    To begin you best go default 61MM 8NB 7Ranger for leveling with quick instant finishers and builders quickly killing something st and aoe without any real pre fight preperation.

Clerics need Oracle and Runeshaper aswell as Defiler and eventho non of them is used as 61 they are crucial for most meta-specs. Falling short on pure st DPS they sustain the best dmg as 61Tanks and Healsups (please note that there are no 61oracle/ 61 bards aswell as 61 warden[being it's own topic], 61purifier and 61sentinels used at the current state making the soft sup hybrids main and offheals)
    You could go Druid or something fancy but from 60 up 61Shaman becomes your go to spec for worldstuff right into and through endgame anyway. (may want to test it with Legendary Feary and Salvation)

Warriors are totally Depending on Warchanter using that one on almost any spec which doesn't run 'Turn the Blade' (8 Paragon) turned into bis Healer 4.x and remain top tier on Tanking and Dps.
    Many options for a leveling spec and level hybrids while getting used to Riftblade as top dps spec is recomendet- or Warlord when you feel like (literaly) oneshoting half of the mobs on 66+ and also being your best dps option pre eternal.

Primalists are not f2p at all and have the highest bang for bucks considering difficulty and output. Having something 6+ button already is related to as something unheared of. Watch out not being a total joke when not playing the bis- specs since you have no 'new player' excuse on Primalist.
    Rarely being used as Tank or Heal simply bc the DPs hybrids are so strong everyone will ask you to go dps with the DPSsup hybrid being priority.
    While levelign there is a 'onebutton' out which is oneshotleveling half of the time and very durable with legendary 0Titan.

Another quick response turned out to be long x(
    Last edited by Shas; 01-09-2019 at 07:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3