+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mage Presets

Kervik you should separate pvp specs i think maybe 2 of those specs would be sufficient for pvp but not optimal.

Your missing these specs

LandDominator
    The Han Solo
    Landwalker
    Land Emperor
    Darth Land
    And of course the Yoda Land

All are harbinger hybrids.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    We may be able to do something like that in the future, but we aren't able to hide a build if you have the SL souls at the moment. It make sense to be able to do something like that though. I'll check into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I'm not sure I'd want them hidden, because while I do have SL souls, I often want to see the stuff available to other players.
    Well you could have a Tick Box in the preset screen just to show if you don't have the SL souls what preset specs are available if you did, they would be greyed out and unable to Select; though you can still see the page.

Then all you need to do would be put a * at the end of the SL specs names to signify that they are the original versions, if they had been changed for f2players.

So if they buy the SL soul pack the Tick Box to show would be locked to ON to show all versions.

Or you can forget about the Tick Box, having them all on the preset screen however those that require the SL souls would how a Lock Symbol and be greyed out in the name tab, and would be unable to Select.
    You would still have the * next to the names of those that are the preferred versions, that require SL souls.

So if they buy the SL soul pack the Lock Symbol will disappear, colour would come back to the names and you can hit Select which loads the Soul Tree setup.

Sage <-altered version
    Sage* [^] <-preferred version with Lock Symbol

There would be box at the bottom of the name tabs in the preset screen to say what * means:
    * = These are preferred versions of previously listed presets that require Storm Legion Souls to use.

Mousing over the Lock Symbol and in the box would read:
    Lock Symbol = Requires Storm Legion Souls to use.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 01-16-2014 at 12:37 PM.

There on PTS now if you want to look.

Ahov's got a new guide so u might want to replace the Sage's guide link.
    Ahov's Chloromancer Guide (2.5)

Also for the Reaper, the description is tailored around Corrupter and says its old name.
    If you could please use the information from Reaper Spreadsheet, not the Build Specifics as you have gone with the non sl spec.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 01-18-2014 at 06:19 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    There on PTS now if you want to look.

Ahov's got a new guide so u might want to replace the Sage's guide link.
    Ahov's Chloromancer Guide (2.5)

Also for the Reaper, the description is tailored around Corrupter and says its old name.
    If you could please use the information from Reaper Spreadsheet, not the Build Specifics as you have gone with the non sl spec.
    Huh, yeah I didn't know that new 5 ele spec was going to link to my guide. I'll update the new one with f2p chloro variants.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20
    Rift Team

Thanks for the heads up. I'll update the guide link for Sage.

What I consider to be in need of presets:

Chloromancer - Ahov should be able to provide name
    Ahov's Chloromancer Guide
    With 61 Chloro/10 Necro/5 Harb should be a must have.
    When I clicked onthe Ahov's Chloromancer Guide link I got an error message:
    vBulletin Message

Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    When I clicked onthe Ahov's Chloromancer Guide link I got an error message:
    vBulletin Message

Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

The guide has been deleted, If however Kervik changes the link in the next patch to pts it should work again.

I hope people are testing these out to find errors and any better ways to put the points; as some of the presets were made to be only at 60, are now thanks to the rift team are available at level 1.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 01-27-2014 at 12:06 PM.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #23
    Rift Team

The guide has been deleted, If however Kervik changes the link in the next patch to pts it should work again.

I hope people are testing these out to find errors and any better ways to put the points; as some of the presets were made to be only at 60, are now thanks to the rift team are available at level 1.
    The guide link for that preset should be updated. If its not working still after the next PTS update let me know.

If there are builds that were supposed to be available only at 60 but are available earlier let me know which ones they are. There may be a reason they were made available earlier or it could just be a mistake.

There may be a reason they were made available earlier or it could just be a mistake.
    are now thanks to the rift team are available at level 1.
    The ones that weren't originally for level 1 have had their player made "Build Specifics" changed so that will do work, if they weren't for leveling before.

I thought it was a very good idea.

If its not working still after the next PTS update let me know.
    The guide link is now working for Sage.

I have some recommended changes here to whats currently on PTS; I haven't gone through all the presets, however this is what should be looked into and changed:

The Beginner
    Take 1 point from Ghostly Power and put it into Ancient Tomb.
    As it will cause the necromancer pets not to die all the time due to aoe from a lot of sources, if they were used.
    Though the preset doesn't specify what pets to use, I feel that a lot of people will complain that their death pets keep pulling mobs and dying to everything around them if it was left unchanged.

Move point 59 that goes into Ghostly Power to Death's Influence.
    Move point 65 that would of gone into into Death's Influence to Ancient Tomb.

Fire Hunter & Eldritch Knight
    Slight change to where the points go while leveling, as the first 3 points in Archon that went into Favored Ally won't affect it's first ability till theirs 8 points into Archon, which I felt are useless until more points are invested in Archon.

Move point 4 that goes into Favored Ally to Soul Fire.
    Move point 8 that goes into Favored Ally to Soul Fire.
    Move point 12 that goes into Favored Ally to Soul Fire.
    Move point 24 that would of gone into Soul Fire to Strength of Stone.
    Move point 28 that would of gone into Soul Fire to Strength of Stone.
    Move point 32 that would of gone into Soul Fire to Strength of Stone.
    Move point 36 that would of gone into Strength of Stone to Favored Ally.
    Move point 40 that would of gone into Strength of Stone to Favored Ally.
    Move point 44 that would of gone into Strength of Stone to Favored Ally.

Reaper
    The Basic section starts off with "Corruptors wear Cloth Armor".
    It should say "Reapers wear Cloth Armor."

The Warlock tree shows on the left slot it should be in the center slot, which is the normal look for all the other 61 points presets.

Sage
    The Chloromancer tree shows on the left slot it should be in the center slot, which is the normal look for all the other 61 points presets.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 02-09-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Rift Disciple

I'll just repeat this here in case it got missed in the preset specific thread (archonbinger)

Quote Originally Posted by Dontlookatme View Post
    Honestly, if this is gonna be a preset, I'd personally take 2 points out of vital assistance and put them into wellspring, as a dead archon is no good.
    People can swap these points around as they get better at it.

its a shame the real creators of some of these specs no longer play as the credit should really go to them
    who took my names!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Monkey View Post
    its a shame the real creators of some of these specs no longer play as the credit should really go to them
    <3 Tech.

Plane Touched

Default Update for 3.3?

When are the Mage Presets and associated guides expected to be updated for 3.3?

I keep getting questions from new players as to how to play, best specs, etc. and it would be convenient to refer them to the in-game tool instead of "read all the Mage Guides/Discussions on the Rift Forums"...

Rift Chaser

In several cases I have erred on the side of free to play for these presets. There are high damage/healing builds possible that incorporate Harbinger, but I wanted to make things a bit more accessible than they would be with more of them utilizing Harbinger.

Once the initial update to PTS is done for 2.6 you should be able to check these out in more depth there.
    Why not make different presets available to players who do or don't have the DLC? If you had to pick I think it's nice to err to F2P, but why not provide this better service for buyers?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2