+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kervik
  • 1 Post By sculti

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Kervick please look into this change.

Plane Touched

Default Kervick please look into this change.

I'm wondering if its possible to let us harbs get some more visual lovin'.

Would you be able to let us choose to use the blade buffs visual vs our own weps. Rift has an insane amount of costume items for weps but harbs get left out in the cold. Plus, there isnt much entertainment value in having to look at the same skin all the time.

I know you did this with the blade buff for those using it in sub-specs. But took away the slash proc. But hopefully we can expand on that. Letting us see our weps while being able to keep the blade buff's proc.

note: Most of this is just a copy and paste from an old thread of mine which got no traction. Seeing as kervick is a bit more active now, it might have a chance to gain some support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrestorme
    cinderburst is a 20% proc or ur doin it wrong

There's a really simple solution: Turn Lightning Charge into a toggle. If it's on, the visual is harbinger blades and if it's off it's our own weapon. It does the same thing as Lightning Blade anyway

The only thing I can see an issue about this is lack of information to an enemy player, but there's many easy ways around that.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

They would also have to make Charged Blade count as a Blade Buff, because right now it doesn't.

The reason Trion hasn't done this already is because of weapon animations, specifically for staves. There are currently no staff animations that fit with many of the Harbinger abilities, and so before a change like this is made the animators would have to create all new animations specifically for Harbinger. Unfortunately that's not going to be very high on their priority list so if something like this ever does happen it probably won't be for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by takadox View Post
    They would also have to make Charged Blade count as a Blade Buff, because right now it doesn't.

The reason Trion hasn't done this already is because of weapon animations, specifically for staves. There are currently no staff animations that fit with many of the Harbinger abilities, and so before a change like this is made the animators would have to create all new animations specifically for Harbinger. Unfortunately that's not going to be very high on their priority list so if something like this ever does happen it probably won't be for a while.
    True, that would still be awesome. I enjoy my wardrobe katanas and I actually like animations for attacks with them. I'm used to Harb weapons and I don't mind them, but definatelly would use wardrobe look instead of Lightning Sword or Luminous Blade. I like Reaper's Blade tho - best out of 3.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by radiomaryja View Post
    True, that would still be awesome. I enjoy my wardrobe katanas and I actually like animations for attacks with them. I'm used to Harb weapons and I don't mind them, but definatelly would use wardrobe look instead of Lightning Sword or Luminous Blade. I like Reaper's Blade tho - best out of 3.
    all you need to do is tell trion that theyre losing money because harbingers dont need to change the style of their weapon.
    i hear all those warrios etc whine a la "aaah my axe is so ugly" while im standing there with my badass scythe in hand.

Kervik! Trion is losing money, cause mages can't alter the look of Harbringer weapons. Gief!

To be honest. I don't really care, it's fine either way.

Champion

This is pushing it in my opinion. Harb is a melee soul with slashing abilities and whatnot. You don't slash with a staff.

If they coded it so you could use any other slashing-type weapon skin from warrior or rogue type weapons and have that cover the blade buff, that would be alright and make some amount of sense. But I don't agree with giving any old skin the same blade benefits as higher harb abilities.

I do enjoy sometimes not using any blade buffs and going around using harb abilities because the animations look funny, but you lose any blade bonuses while doing that.

Plane Touched

Just give staff the 2H-Hammer animations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrestorme
    cinderburst is a 20% proc or ur doin it wrong

I've made multiple threads like this in suggestions, it's often overlooked or the crappy argument is brought up that because of fight animations it would be too hard.

I would love to use my multiple cosmo weapons for harb instead of the same sword I see on all the other mages.

Couldn't warriors already costume their two-hand weaps into staves and slash around with them? Use the same animations as a Paragon would use if he was carrying around a staff
    Last edited by Fiskerton; 12-08-2013 at 10:24 PM.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

I would like it even better if the buffs summoned two one-handed versions of the sword if the mage was wielding a one handed weapon.

Or even a single one-handed sword. Would go lovely with my debonair duelist outfit.

Soulwalker

Why not give us a new weapon buff That will make mages able to dual wield swords?

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team

^ This is pretty close to the major reason for the weapon buffs keeping their appearances. While I would love to give everyone the option to have their weapon look however they want with this there are several different animations, per race, that would have to be made to support that change. I can see what I can do, but I don't think this is going to be something that gets prioritized very high for the animators.

As if there are any animators left lol

recycle raidboss skins much?
    sculzilla - cleric - 4/4 3/3 5/5 BoB: Greenscale/Akylios
    You Listening? You Hear That?
    Do Something. Do Something.

+ Reply to Thread