+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Warlock Update

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    Oki so just to clarify:

1) The DPS is not missing. All the values of the dots from every warlock is ticking away on the bosses health.
    2) Every warlock is getting their crit bonus.
    3) Karuulalert can only track defile on the target for you, if you were the last to cast defile.
    4) Your bonus to void barrage, draining bolt, void bolt, contaminate, etc, are NOT diminished if you aren't the last to have cast defile...OR not innadvertantly enhanced if you were last to cast defile?

Is that the case? if so, then that makes me pretty happy. We can use multipled warlocks in a raid. We just need to pay attention, atleast until the visual and data is fixed, to the associated crit buff to know when to refresh on our main target (and thus maybe temporarily change our karuulalerts or gadgets if you use that) rather than using the target's debuff.

Also in the meantime maybe not to put too much trust in DPS numbers in raid amongst warlocks until its fixed too.
    I actually tested this and no defile does not become a super dot for the last person to cast it and no defile does not count towards void decimation for the first person to cast defile but have it stolen. Defile does not count x2 for the second mage's void decimation either. The only thing that stays is the 3% crit buff on the first mage but is that even working? Who knows since it doesnt show up on our stat page. Pretty lame it wont be fixed for 2-3 weeks as its a soul breaking bug.

Plane Walker

alright nvm I did it again and my defile did go up wtf.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by OwnaGeJuiCe View Post
    alright nvm I did it again and my defile did go up wtf.
    Defile does stack but seems to be unreliable in doing so. I find kervik's post pretty "disturbing". Not sure if its a slap in the face to the player base or just admitting that trion has a bunch of lazy people working there. Either way coming out and saying you have a fix that would make arguably a 1/4 of your player base rather happy then saying you cant get the fix patched to server for a few weeks??? Just Absurd.

I highly doubt anyone would mind the servers coming down tomorrow for a half hour in order to get this role breaking bug addressed. Sure we can continue on playing pyro or harb but some people would like a little variety, a lot of people have been waiting months for lock to become viable again... And now its right there yet it isnt! To equate this bug would be like shaman not getting frozen wrath, sin not getting stealth, tempest not getting arc. Its game breaking and has to be completely embarrassing for the dev team considering this is not the first time something like this has happened with lock.

TLDR - the fix needs to go in before the holidays

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Xynvyctus View Post
    Defile does stack but seems to be unreliable in doing so. I find kervik's post pretty "disturbing". Not sure if its a slap in the face to the player base or just admitting that trion has a bunch of lazy people working there. Either way coming out and saying you have a fix that would make arguably a 1/4 of your player base rather happy then saying you cant get the fix patched to server for a few weeks??? Just Absurd.

I highly doubt anyone would mind the servers coming down tomorrow for a half hour in order to get this role breaking bug addressed. Sure we can continue on playing pyro or harb but some people would like a little variety, a lot of people have been waiting months for lock to become viable again... And now its right there yet it isnt! To equate this bug would be like shaman not getting frozen wrath, sin not getting stealth, tempest not getting arc. Its game breaking and has to be completely embarrassing for the dev team considering this is not the first time something like this has happened with lock.

TLDR - the fix needs to go in before the holidays

The lack of passion in these Developers these days is pretty upsetting, honestly feels like they don't enjoy working on rift and it's just a high paying 9-5. Or Trion has people that work on Rift work on crap like Trove and other projects.

With the crappy thrown together last min 5v5 warfront which was very lazy job, and the lack luster updates for classes.....I can feel the love they have for Rift.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 12-19-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Cut the hyperbole and passive aggression. Obviously the bug is there, obviously they want to fix it before the holidays, but they can't do it on a moment's notice, that's life. Would you rather they rush it and break all of warlock over the holidays?

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #621
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    Oki so just to clarify:

1) The DPS is not missing. All the values of the dots from every warlock is ticking away on the bosses health.
    2) Every warlock is getting their crit bonus.
    3) Karuulalert can only track defile on the target for you, if you were the last to cast defile.
    4) Your bonus to void barrage, draining bolt, void bolt, contaminate, etc, are NOT diminished if you aren't the last to have cast defile...OR not innadvertantly enhanced if you were last to cast defile?

Is that the case? if so, then that makes me pretty happy. We can use multipled warlocks in a raid. We just need to pay attention, atleast until the visual and data is fixed, to the associated crit buff to know when to refresh on our main target (and thus maybe temporarily change our karuulalerts or gadgets if you use that) rather than using the target's debuff.

Also in the meantime maybe not to put too much trust in DPS numbers in raid amongst warlocks until its fixed too.
    I've been spending some time testing this out on Live, so here's a bit more clarification on what's happening based on what I was seeing:
    • Everyone is getting their crit bonus from Defile, no issue there.
    • When another Mage casts Defile after you they essentially take over the stacks. They get attributed all of the damage from the Defile stacks and their Defile deals extra damage. All of the stacks of damage are then based off of that Mage's stats. Basically if a Mage with 10k SP casts Defile on a target followed by a mage with 1k SP it will be like the weaker mage cast 2 stacks of Defile. There is also the reverse case where you'll get the bonus like the 10k mage had cast 2 stacks instead.
    • Even though the other person is getting credit for the damage from your stack of Defile, Void Decimation will still count your stack and only your stack. The person getting credit for the Defile damage won't get credit for multiple stacks of Defile for the purposes of Void Decimation.
    • There is a situation where a debuff icon can be left on the enemy even after Defile has finished. I'm still figuring out what is causing this, but it doesn't appear to cause any direct issues. However, it will count towards the number of stacks of Defile showing on a target which will then make it appear that the stack of Defile is doing less damage than the number of stacks appears that it should indicate. At the moment I believe it has some connection to refreshing Defile through something like Persist or Void Barrage.
    • Using Persist etc. while someone else is getting credit for the stacks of Defile, if you currently have Defile on the target, will essentially be like recasting Defile and give you credit for the Defile stack damage until someone else casts Defile on the target.
    • Each person casting Defile still has their Charge drained regardless of who the damage is credited to.
    • Your stack of Defile still has its own timer. Meaning it will still drop off after 16 seconds even if the stack was refreshed by someone else and shows time left when your stack should drop off.

The good news on all this is I have a fix in. The bad news is I don't have an ETA on when to expect the fix on live servers. More info on that when I have it.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Cut the hyperbole and passive aggression. Obviously the bug is there, obviously they want to fix it before the holidays, but they can't do it on a moment's notice, that's life. Would you rather they rush it and break all of warlock over the holidays?
    You do realize that all of warlock is broke by defile not working correct? At that point you play 1 warlock per raid and the rest stuck with harb or pyro. As for passive aggressive, I dont know how i could be any more direct without naming actual names? As Kervik has stated he has a fix ready to go. So what is holding them back from patching?

Telaran

I gave 5:1 on a fix before new years. Looks like the overs are gonna win.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xynvyctus View Post
    You do realize that all of warlock is broke by defile not working correct? At that point you play 1 warlock per raid and the rest stuck with harb or pyro. As for passive aggressive, I dont know how i could be any more direct without naming actual names? As Kervik has stated he has a fix ready to go. So what is holding them back from patching?
    Probably the fact that Christmas Day is on the normal patch day next week, followed by New Years day the patch day after? The developer's are people too, they get vacation for holidays. They also don't want to push a patch out and not be able to fix any issues if it has major bugs.
    Mage Class Lead | RoF: 4/4 MS: 5/5
    I hate Clerics, Rogues(especially Hoss), and people whose names end in z (That means you Zeez!)

Ascendant

from a dev in another thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cyzo View Post
    I'll lower the amount required but the change won't go in for a bit since there aren't any hotfixes until after the New Year sometime.
    so it looks like this bug will be with us for a few weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Is there a long-term solution that will stop this from occurring generally? This has happened before with Combust, Flame Volley, and Storm Nova, and while this is the most egregious by far, is this something we should be on the look-out for when testing in future?

Why can't they just set Defile to what it was before the change, to quick fix it?

Then work on the new Defile to stop doing whats its doing.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 12-20-2013 at 05:42 PM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Burninalways View Post
    Why can't they just set Defile to what it was before the change, to quick fix it?

Then work on the new Defile to stop doing whats its doing.
    He already has a fix they just not going to patch for a few weeks.

Shadowlander

The changes have been better although mortality is still affected by some CC, there is a silence, pushback and transmorgify that stop it.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by ecthelion View Post
    The changes have been better although mortality is still affected by some CC, there is a silence, pushback and transmorgify that stop it.
    Thanks, I thought it was just me. I hadn't seen anyone say anything about it except me and I tried looking back into my combat log, while waiting for rez but I can't seen to find it anywhere indicating it was interrupted, so I don't know what skill is doing it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast