+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Warlock Update

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #511
    Rift Team

The latest changes should have gone out to PTS with today's update.

I'm looking at including the changes that are currently on PTS in the hotfix next week. I wanted to have these out there for you over the holidays. I'll let you know if anything changes with that over the next few days.

Telaran

Hi Kervik, If you remember the fight with Crucia, in the first phase there are Constructors thats turn friendly with low HP with the dots on them unavailable for salvage corruption, any solution for this?

Btw, is there any idea for a new spell to throw 3 or 4 dots spells at same time? Better used for openings.
    Last edited by Vlackrs; 12-13-2013 at 01:56 AM.

Plane Walker

This is a nice change to Defile. the crit buff to the mage appears to be working correctly. And... now there's no target limit. And it only costs charge on a manual cast, not after refreshing with persist / barrage. Yay multidotting buffs!
    Mantissa@Greybriar 7/8 raid tiers cleared <Rekt>

I'm really really liking this version of warlock. Its a lot of dots to maintain but now its worth it. The healing method is much better for both pvp and pve (radiate death life leech is waaaay worth it now).

The only thing I have to add is changing mortality to be uninteruptable, percent HP based, immune to CC, and can move while cast. I know it sounds crazy, but its BOTH a big cooldown, and a charge consumer which double dips into the resource pool. It should be strong and used for extreme emergencies. I would however make it not castable like other things that may be OP in for example holding a crystal in the whitefall warfront...but that may require time on live to determine if that needs to be done.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Plane Walker

So what are the latest changes ? I don't see them listed anywhere.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by kenx2020 View Post
    So what are the latest changes ? I don't see them listed anywhere.
    they are listed in this thread. read kervicks posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Rift Disciple

Kervik, thanks a lot for giving warlock some love and keeping open dialogue with us So far, these set of changes seem just about spot on and I hope that this spec will continue to scale with gear properly...

Now, I'm not trying to take a whole mile here, but could you consider some QoL changes for...
    *Harb - Emp Asc is a 61pt talent, I feel that it wouldn't be game-breaking but more of a QoL change. Tweak empyrean ascension in way that the cooldown is lowered while the duration is also shorter? I understand the temporary ability cooldowns within may need a tweak, however just lowering the cooldown would be appreciated! -- Justification surrounds the nature of combat and encounters that may require burst but the environment isn't terribly conducive to a full 30sec of the cooldown which leaves the 2 minute downtime a bit lackluster. I feel that this would encourage anticipation and readiness to adapt to rapidly shifting circumstances within encounters -- for pve and pvp

*Somewhere - I feel as if we could really benefit from a talent similar to rage of the north (those unfamiliar with it, it is a Cleric-Shaman 31pt talent that: Adds 10 stacks of Rage of the North. Increases Critical Hit chance with damaging abilities by 10% per stack. Each Critical Hit reduces the stack by 1. Lasts 60s.
    --Consider putting something perhaps with fewer stacks in a lesser used tree? Consumes charge per use... maybe attach it to an ability such as elemental burst(just a suggestion!)? I suggest it being in a lesser used tree to encourage use of other subsouls in common builds. After the loss of burning fury, crit power contribution is a bit paltry compared to some of our other-calling neighbors

Again, thanks for the love you've shown to warlock -- its a great spec!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntled View Post
    they are listed in this thread. read kervicks posts
    First list of changes is on page 10, on this page he said the LATEST changes happend yesterday......where are those changes listed?

Quote Originally Posted by kenx2020 View Post
    First list of changes is on page 10, on this page he said the LATEST changes happend yesterday......where are those changes listed?
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4625017

it took me 8 seconds to find this

Kervik when making the change to Mortality to not being affected by CC, can you make sure that you can still use CC on NPCs that use it.

Just don't want the boss in Port Scion to become too powerful, mainly.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Plane Touched

Default Thanks for the update

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    The latest changes should have gone out to PTS with today's update.

I'm looking at including the changes that are currently on PTS in the hotfix next week. I wanted to have these out there for you over the holidays. I'll let you know if anything changes with that over the next few days.
    Kervik,

First of all, thanks for looking into making warlock viable again, and thanks for the update before the holiday break.

Warlock used to be the most fun mage class for me. I hope it will be viable in PvP again. Make Chloro-lock viable again. it was a fun spec. Right now warlocks lack the survivability needed, especially now that everyone has huge burst.

I know that it is close to release to live, but if you have the time, please consider the classes survivability issues.

Regards,

Warlock at heart

Quote Originally Posted by Maihes View Post
    Kervik,

First of all, thanks for looking into making warlock viable again, and thanks for the update before the holiday break.

Warlock used to be the most fun mage class for me. I hope it will be viable in PvP again. Make Chloro-lock viable again. it was a fun spec. Right now warlocks lack the survivability needed, especially now that everyone has huge burst.

I know that it is close to release to live, but if you have the time, please consider the classes survivability issues.

Regards,

Warlock at heart
    You should probably read the past few pages of the thread... like, the last 3 or 4.

Shadowlander

Warlock updates?

Fix mortality: it does not work anywhere near what the tool tip says. It starts a over a second after clicking much like the delay in self buffs after death. (this does not occur on other mage classes)
    The range limitation on mortality coupled with the delay in starting makes it almost useless as as soon as someone sees the spell go off will start to silence.

I love the dots. This is why I play warlock to give me mobility and sustained damage. Making void barrage mobile would be better. Please stop giving us things for void bolt, give us something for the heal or cleanse of the dots besides the two that don't seem to work very well.

Give me a reason to cast the AE like a stun or a tool that activates the dots to affect the dot damage to direct damage.

Seriously, why is it Warlock spells do not seem to do damage in the range of the tool tip. Give me a reason not to play other mage classes.

Shadowlander

Read more of this thread and saw the changes proposed on page 10.

Warlock armor should have a chance to fear on hit.

The only real change i want with mortality is immunity to CC, and can move while channeling it. Its a long CD and will only last as long as you have charge. Thus if you have defile up or still refreshing dots, you will double dip into that charge pool at the same time. It needs to be worth the cost and help you survive. Currently all it does is delay your death a few seconds because everyone knows you can't go anywhere and will surround you and kill you as soon as someone pops an interrupt.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast