+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Deeew

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Possible Bug with Mage Base Wisdom Stat

Default Possible Bug with Mage Base Wisdom Stat

So, I've been keeping track of my personal stats in a spreadsheet for several months now. I have various calculations to help with optimal gear choices, yada yada, and I list what my in-game stats should be with all the gear I have entered into my spreadsheet.

I noticed that my calculations showed that in-game I was missing 3 Wisdom. I went through each item one at a time trying to find out where I went wrong. Removed all of my gear and respecced my PA to 0.

It would seem that the base Wisdom stat for being a mage has been reduced by 3 points. For months now I've been coming out to the correct values with having the base Wisdom stat set to 44. But as you can see in the screenshot below, it is now 41.

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/8898/trkp.png

Is this a bug? An accidental typo of sorts in the game database? Or is this intended?

I just wanted to bring this to someone's attention. Thank you for any responses and information.
    Deepwood | Aschana | H1325 | PA1427 | R94 | 20017 pts
    ~ Dedicated Chloromancer ~

If you're factoring in Resonance then your issue is probably that your spreadsheet rounds up but in game Rift always floors the value, so 3.9 = 4 in your spreadsheet but equals 3 in-game.
    Nope.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    If you're factoring in Resonance then your issue is probably that your spreadsheet rounds up but in game Rift always floors the value, so 3.9 = 4 in your spreadsheet but equals 3 in-game.
    This right here.
    Rift never rounds up, it will always round down.

I'm aware of how rounding works in Rift. However, I wasn't even considering raid buffs for this particular issue.

44 Wisdom + Wisdom from Gear + Wisdom from PA = Unbuffed Wisdom stat shown in my in-game character sheet

This is all that is involved.

Whenever I update a piece of gear, I double check that my unbuffed stats in my spreadsheet match up perfectly with the stats shown in my in-game character sheet. Except last night, it didn't. So I took all the gear off, and respecced the PA to 0, and it turned out that the 44 Wisdom I got for simply being a level 60 mage had changed to 41. This change would have happened some time in the last week or so.

The oldest archive I have saved of my current spreadsheet is from April 16th. So, I've been using the base value of 44 for at least three and a half months without any issue. The change in this stat definitely took place.

I'm simply just trying to find out if it's on purpose or not.

If it isn't, then I'm alerting someone that it has happened and needs to be fixed.

If it is, then I just wanted to know so I could make the official change in my spreadsheet.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

Did you recently change your character's race? There is a small difference in some of the base stats by race. Dwarves for example have 3 more Wisdom than Bahmis.

Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Dwarves for example have 3 more Wisdom than Bahmis.
    Ya heard it folks, Dwarves are wiser than Bahmis!
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Did you recently change your character's race? There is a small difference in some of the base stats by race. Dwarves for example have 3 more Wisdom than Bahmis.
    Oh! Yes, I changed from Eth to Bahmi last week. That would explain it then.

Thank you

Shadowlander

Trion favors Dwarves for clerics. Imbaplsnerf

Dwarves for example have 3 more Wisdom than Bahmis.
    Just another reminder that Dwarf is the Master Race while Bahmis are indeed Bahmi Trash.

+ Reply to Thread