Closed Thread

Thread: New DPS builds

Default New DPS builds

SO with the latest updates that came down the line today what are the best DPS builds now? I just barely hit 60 a few days ago and while my chloromancer heal build is solid the only other build I really like is more for leveling .. the GRavelord archtype with like 41 necro, 30-something warlock and rest in pyro.. What's the best builds for single target and AOE in dungeons, chronicles, raids etc.. now? and yes I'll be filing through the builds section too but I wanted to find out the opinion of those that eally know their stuff at 60 now and have been running Dungeons/raids/chronicles and can eally speak knowledgably on the subject

The specs you will want immediately are 61 Necro, 61 Harbinger and 61 Pyro. The remaining 15 pts for each are still being debated although differences are very minor.
    61 Harbinger for maximum Single Target with good AoE and great Cleave on a CD
    61 Pyromancer for Ranged Single Target when Harbinger isn't an option
    61 Necromancer for AoE or sustained Cleave

Necromancer still does pretty good Single Target DPS too, so pretty much any fight with adds it will outperform Pyro.

Necro/Harb is a bit more of a niche spec and not a high priority to learn, get the others first.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 07-19-2013 at 09:02 PM.
    <Coriolis> Former Mage/Engineer/Raid/Guild Leader
    Top-tier Oceanic Raiding - No Longer Recruiting for Wildstar or Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    The specs you will want immediately are 61 Necro, 61 Harbinger and 61 Pyro. The remaining 15 pts for each are still being debated although differences are very minor.

Necromancer still does pretty good Single Target DPS too, so pretty much any fight with adds it will outperform Pyro.

Necro/Harb is a bit more of a niche spec and not a high priority to learn, get the others first.
    Appreciate it Primal but I don't have Harbinger and likely won't for another month,.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...dps-2-3-a.html

This thread is about 61necro/15ele/0pyro, so you have one option for dpsing without harb.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelya99 View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...dps-2-3-a.html

This thread is about 61necro/15ele/0pyro, so you have one option for dpsing without harb.
    I actually found that a day ago and been playing with it, works tremendously well,.. been liking it.

best build, imo, is 61 viod bold
    "I killed and ate a girl in 1990." - Jacob 'Daglar' Daglarson
    "Nicold is the best mage EU" - Arthur "Noge" Nogenstein
    "Nicold is the best warrior NA" - James "RoughRaptors" Franco
    "Nicold carried <Virus> through ID" - Gary "Ogdru" Ogdruington
    "Nicold was my surrogate father." Wayne "Wayyyyyyne" Waynenstein

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post

I can vouch for Necro and Harb as being fun and good specs. I also play Warlock, and based on the parsing I have seen (I am not a raider) it fares well...maybe a touch below the others but with better survivability (imo).

10 warlock 5 blarb 61 pyro was baking some nice numbers on the dummy before i got dc'd

I actually added in Corpse explosion into the macro I use with that 61 necro build with 15 in elementalist for some added AE and it workds very well. but now that I think of it I've not been using void barrage ... man der...

Closed Thread