+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it possible to get 420 hit pre-raid?

Default Is it possible to get 420 hit pre-raid?

Topic came up in guild chat today. This is intended for all classes, but I know somethings may vary for others than mages.

I'm sitting here looking at rift-hero and after adding all the numbers up unless you get 2 of the epic crafted rings you get 398 hit if you have just one. If you have both you barely get over 400 hit, but not 420.

Is 420 hit just a luxury of those who have cleared at least TDQ? Or is it possible to do so? Being a future chloromancer main I feel if I miss one ruin or natures touch my tank could drop to a dangerously low level or possibly die & I'd hate to have that happen because my spell got dodged.
    Previous Leader of Infinity

Hit runes.

I'm not finding any though, is rift-hero just out of date? What piece of armor or where do you find these hit runes? Been on google for awhile, maybe I'm just not using the correct terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Believeinsteve View Post
    I'm not finding any though, is rift-hero just out of date? What piece of armor or where do you find these hit runes? Been on google for awhile, maybe I'm just not using the correct terms.
    any rune tagged with precise or savvy is hit to weapons, and then the ones tagged accurate or sharp are helm/legs.

the helm/legs ones are 5ap or 5ap & 18 hit, the weapon ones cap out at +6 to main hand/offhand/ranged and +12 to two hand weap
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

Ascendant

there are +18 hit +12 stat for legs and helm i believe?
    \

One of my guildies is saying 420 is a myth.

Is this true? I've just seen this everywhere so I'm a bit confused. Something that if you have under 420 you can get dodged.

Quote Originally Posted by Believeinsteve View Post
    One of my guildies is saying 420 is a myth.

Is this true? I've just seen this everywhere so I'm a bit confused. Something that if you have under 420 you can get dodged.
    Yes, you want 420 hit or you can miss from a dodge. It is not a myth at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammothtruk View Post
    Yes, you want 420 hit or you can miss from a dodge. It is not a myth at all.
    Is there somewhere I can see proof?

I'm not saying your wrong, but he's pretty adamant that you only need 400 and everywhere I'm looking I'm seeing you need 420 so I just need something to bring back to him so I don't sound like a moron.
    Last edited by Believeinsteve; 07-01-2013 at 06:44 PM.

Ascendant

The thing is, no one's 100% sure any more since they readjusted hit values recently.

I was certain that at 508 for Grim Awakening, I would never miss... as I'd gone 8-9 hours in there without a single miss.

However, last night, I missed a couple of times in 10 minutes on trash.. again at 508 hit.

You can certainly get by with 400. You will probably miss maybe 0.5% of the time I'd say.

But yeah, we've never been able to get accurate figures, so not really any proof I'm afraid. The game says 400 / 500, but that's not the same as saying you'll hit 100% of the time.
    Last edited by Archyface; 07-01-2013 at 06:54 PM.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

400 or 500(for grim awakening) is almost never miss, 420/520 is guaranteed never miss.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

Quote Originally Posted by Asaomar View Post
    400 or 500(for grim awakening) is almost never miss, 420/520 is guaranteed never miss.
    What about resist/dodge though?

Champion

By the way, "pre-raid" 420 is possible now without runes. There are wands and staves in the rift store for frozen eclipse stones with 65 and 130 hit. I say this is "pre-raid" since you can get frozen eclipse stones from running the daily expert dungeons. On the other hand, these items are very expensive if your only source of stones come from running the daily dungeons. Just saying it's possible.

So by "pre-raid" do you mean "non-raid gear"? In that case I would say yes with the accurate/sharp runes with +18 hit that go on helm or legs. Many people I know frown on getting 400+ hit using runes however since this can give someone a false sense of security with their gear -- meaning if their gear alone is not at or very close to 400 hit and they use a rune then they are in danger of being undergeared for the instance.

The 400 or 500 hit cut-off for tier 1 and 2 raids is what you will see in the tooltip for hit under character stats. Back in the day (running HK), we needed 300 hit. However, the final boss had a 20 hit reducing debuff meaning you really needed 320 to finish the raid. Not sure if there bosses in the current raids with this type of debuffing ability though.

Quote Originally Posted by smellwhat View Post
    By the way, "pre-raid" 420 is possible now without runes. There are wands and staves in the rift store for frozen eclipse stones with 65 and 130 hit. I say this is "pre-raid" since you can get frozen eclipse stones from running the daily expert dungeons. On the other hand, these items are very expensive if your only source of stones come from running the daily dungeons. Just saying it's possible.

So by "pre-raid" do you mean "non-raid gear"? In that case I would say yes with the accurate/sharp runes with +18 hit that go on helm or legs. Many people I know frown on getting 400+ hit using runes however since this can give someone a false sense of security with their gear -- meaning if their gear alone is not at or very close to 400 hit and they use a rune then they are in danger of being undergeared for the instance.

The 400 or 500 hit cut-off for tier 1 and 2 raids is what you will see in the tooltip for hit under character stats. Back in the day (running HK), we needed 300 hit. However, the final boss had a 20 hit reducing debuff meaning you really needed 320 to finish the raid. Not sure if there bosses in the current raids with this type of debuffing ability though.
    When I meant pre-raid I meant without FE stones.

Getting that many FE stones will take probably a few weeks which most people would just be raiding by then.

Still would like to hear more on this 420 stuff though. I'm seeing alot of threads in 2013 saying you need 420 hit, then people here are commenting you don't need it.

Still very confused.

I have 424 hit with just expert dungeon blue loot and 2 epic crafted rings. Hoping to start raiding this week now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashikuro View Post
    I have 424 hit with just expert dungeon blue loot and 2 epic crafted rings. Hoping to start raiding this week now.
    Posting to verify this.

53 Helm
    53 Gloves
    106 2H/MH+OH
    53 'Wand'
    53 Necklace
    53 Ring
    53 Ring

All available on dungeon or crafted gear.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast