Closed Thread

Thread: Soloing queens Gambit

Soulwalker

Default Soloing queens Gambit

anyone have a spec that will let me solo queens gambit. I blew through the trash mobs, but the first boss is ****ing me up regularly. trying as 61/15 ele necro. any suggestions? also whats my gear supposed to look like for this bit

Harb/chloro
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Soulwalker

word ill give that a shot tks

Rift Chaser

For those that don't care for harbringer as much...

warlock + chloro (either 44/32 or 32/44)

or

warlock + pyro + chloro (44/12/20)

Moving around and staying out of the cleave and aoe is what will keep you alive during that fight. You can't stand and deliver. Similar on last boss in there. Mount up and run away from that crystal they drop.

Ascendant

I think the first boss in here is about the hardest one but a harb chloro build will make it easy - just make sure you move behind him when he does his big damage ability,
    Necro is not a good choice for this fight, the tank pet takes far too much damage to keep up with and you do far too little damage to the boss
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Guide for this chronicle:

Boss one:
    Shock pulse-get behind him, continue dps
    Bubble-move out of it, wait for it to go down.
    Try to move him into the heat vents if you can, they hit him pretty hard

Boss two:
    There is an emote, and then a long cast from Ock? I think, interrupt this as it hits hard, you can survive it though.
    Other than that, just stay out of the marked area.

Boss three:
    Charged somthing or other, crystal that blows up, use your mount to get out of it.
    Healing something from your ally, quite helpful.
    Other than that just stay out of stupid.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Plane Walker

Definitely use the vents to kill the first boss. I didn't quite pay attention the first time doing the chronicle and did a straight burn on the boss. What a pain.

After I learned about the vents and used them as much as possible that first boss turned from the longest encounter into the shortest and easiest one. As long as you utilize vents any dps build with enough into chloro for bloom should make him a cakewalk.

Plane Walker

I don't see it being possible to kill boss 2 without taking chloro since occasionally he will hit you with a standard melee attack which hits hard and will need a bloom to fix.
    Other than that you shouldn't really take much damage from any boss, just burn them down (or use vents on boss 1).
    I just run through to the boss and then kill all the adds that followed me each time
    -------------------------
    [eXile] Allillos - Mage - Zaviel

Rift Disciple

Slightly gear dependent, but I have been able to solo the chronicle with a 61harb/pyro/ele build fairly easily, although it doesn't allow for mistakes on bosses. 8 chloro instead of pyro should be sufficien for any gear level. Mounting through the chronicle and hitting storm shroud/feign death is also amazing.

dbe
    Rift Master

Just to get this out of the way - pet specs kinda suck for these bosses unless you're very good at micro management.

First boss, run him over the vents. You can kill this guy as chloro. Really, I went for the achieve on my cleric and didn't use any damaging abilities so as not to kill him too fast. Dead in 5 vents.

Second boss - the duo. Run any build with a spell interrupt and decent damage. The one guy only has the cone aoe that's easy to avoid. The other only has spells, and only one of them hurts, and is interruptable. Run around a lot. Some kind of self-healing is nice.

Last boss, you really only need to worry about the large aoe that comes from the crystal. When you see the emote/text, it just got placed at your current location (regardless of where the boss is). Use the griffon for healing. Don't stand in aoe. Interrupt ****.

Soulwalker

Having a ranged spec for the last boss is nice to have albeit not mandatory (Phantom Blades ftw). Running after a teleporting boss is a pain, especially if you have to avoid AoE's as well.

Concerning difficulty, I soloed the chronicle with entry-level gear on my first run with a classical chloro/harbinger spec. I discovered most mechanics during encounters and boss fights were a bit long, but there was no serious difficulty.

i used this spec to solo queens gambit. tbh i had to fully soul purge the first boss, the tank pet died constantly before.

sure there are other builds for it which might be better, like chloroharb. but you won't ever see me in melee range. so i don't use it.
    also tried with elementalist, but the pet heal doesnt do damage, and the earth pet takes too long to get the boss down on his own.
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

Closed Thread