Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spellblade?

Soulwalker

Default Spellblade?

I'm new to this game and I see there is a LOCKED class called "Spellblade". I read that it's a melee mage class, and it sounded similar to my Mage character on Dragon Age. How does one unlock this class, and what do you know about it?

Ascendant

spellblade is a premade template for the mage calling, the soul you are missing is harbinger

you will have to buy the storm legion souls if you want to use them, it is one of the few things that is restricted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Soulwalker

huh, aren't there something like "You will get access to all locations, all classes, all blah blah.." ?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by belqo View Post
    huh, aren't there something like "You will get access to all locations, all classes, all blah blah.." ?
    you do have access to all the classes, those are Rogue, Warrior, Cleric and Mage

you have access to all of the content. all of it. for free. One of the very few restrictions is that you buy the new souls that were released with storm legion if you did not buy storm legion.

Those souls are additions to the classes not classes and they are not necessary to play the game, heck we played for 2 years at 50 without them

TLDR: don't be so tight and entitled
    Last edited by Gruntled; 06-16-2013 at 03:07 AM.

Soulwalker

What are theses souls, and how do I get them?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Skyliten View Post
    What are theses souls, and how do I get them?
    In Rift the talent trees are called souls, Necromancer, elementalist, pyromancer etc are souls

if you do not have the harbinger soul you can buy it off the cash shop. Unfortunatly you can't just buy one you have to buy the pack of storm legion souls that has the new soul for each calling (mage, rogue, warrior, cleric)

if you can find storm legion cheap somewhere it is probably a better deal to buy that

Soulwalker

Appears to be a bug with this also as I have had SL since release and I have a lv 60 spellblade but I still have the SL souls locked on new toons

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by tianthela View Post
    Appears to be a bug with this also as I have had SL since release and I have a lv 60 spellblade but I still have the SL souls locked on new toons
    Are you on a guest account?

Soulwalker

Nope full active account

I bought storm legion expansion when it was released but spellblade is locked for me...do i have to buy the soul seperate now!?

If so...

Pretty sure that if you bought SL and still have it locked on a new character you just need to claim your loyalty stuff and it will open up. If not, I would put in a ticket with TRION.
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Soulwalker

This is all just totally confusing me lol. Umm, how do I buy SL, and do I have to like, fill a skill tree to get SB?

Soulwalker

Default Ongoing for me too

I have SL and am a paying patron account. Spellblade is locked for me as well. I've submitted three, THREE tickets on this and this is the response I received each time:

"Hello!

Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT. Unfortunately, we're unable to assist with your request. I apologize for the inconvenience, as we try to make every effort to correct any issue our players may have.

The following answers might help you:
    Answer Link: Basic Information - Quests
    Answer Link: Mislooted items
    Answer Link: Character is coinlocked
    Answer Link: RIFT merchandise inquiries
    Answer Link: Code of Conduct Violations - Abuse of the Petitioning System
    If the issue you're experiencing is the result of a bug, please update this incident with the details of what you're experiencing. Thanks for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT. Your reference number for this question is 130617-001884.

Sincerely,
    Trion Worlds Customer Support"

For more fun, these responses came within a minute of submitting the ticket. I don't know what Trion is doing to resolve this issue, but it's obviously not limited to me. It's frustrating and I feel like I've been mislead as to what exactly patron benefits are...

Quote Originally Posted by CabbitXP View Post
    I have SL and am a paying patron account. Spellblade is locked for me as well. I've submitted three, THREE tickets on this and this is the response I received each time:

"Hello!

Thank you for contacting us regarding RIFT. Unfortunately, we're unable to assist with your request. I apologize for the inconvenience, as we try to make every effort to correct any issue our players may have.

The following answers might help you:
    Answer Link: Basic Information - Quests
    Answer Link: Mislooted items
    Answer Link: Character is coinlocked
    Answer Link: RIFT merchandise inquiries
    Answer Link: Code of Conduct Violations - Abuse of the Petitioning System
    If the issue you're experiencing is the result of a bug, please update this incident with the details of what you're experiencing. Thanks for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing RIFT. Your reference number for this question is 130617-001884.

Sincerely,
    Trion Worlds Customer Support"

For more fun, these responses came within a minute of submitting the ticket. I don't know what Trion is doing to resolve this issue, but it's obviously not limited to me. It's frustrating and I feel like I've been mislead as to what exactly patron benefits are...
    This may be the answer:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post4312375

Quote: "Shouldn't need to buy the souls again. There is a front end error where when creating a brand new character you can't select the presets for storm legion - but they are available in game. We are working on a fix for that.

As for being stuck on Icewatch -- I'll get someone to pop over to TB and drop a mailbox.

If you are currently a patron you can also summon a mailbox.

~Daglar "

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Skyliten View Post
    This is all just totally confusing me lol. Umm, how do I buy SL, and do I have to like, fill a skill tree to get SB?
    You purchase access to the SL souls in game by pressing "]" to open the Rift Store, then clicking the "Services" tab on the left. It'll be one of the first few items listed. As was already suggested, however, if you can find a copy of Rift: Storm Legion at a local game store, you can probably get it for cheaper than the $20-$25 it costs ingame.

Also, Perros' post should cover the issue you guys are seeing. It's a known bug that the SL presets are unavailable during character creation, but you should be able to select them (or at least the souls manually) once you're in game. If you're having trouble with the petition system, I'd recommend using the live chat feature on their support page. It might take a few attempt to get it to work (it did for me), but it's generally a much easier way of getting your problem resolved.
    Last edited by Azrus; 06-17-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast