Closed Thread

Thread: Harbinger

Default Harbinger

ok probably a silly question.
    since rift was not f2p i was so overjoyed when i saw harbinger soul release.
    although i cant choose spellblade mage so i can be harbinger later when lvl up.
    is there any particural reason?i can be any "type of mage" i want later
    or harbginer is unlocked from store or a certain quest in-game?

Rift Disciple

when you start actually, unless you didnt get storm legion, in which case, check the ingame store

i didn't get storm legion.that means i can't pick harbinger for free?

So, F2P here, used to play during Beta and for a year or so after.

I didn't buy the expansion but I can't see Harbringer in the store. What am I missing?
    Will it not be available at all because I do

Quote Originally Posted by Neferakhen View Post
    So, F2P here, used to play during Beta and for a year or so after.

I didn't buy the expansion but I can't see Harbringer in the store. What am I missing?
    Will it not be available at all because I do
    Hrm... got cut off. Will it not be available at all because I do not see it anywhere.

Rift Chaser

you cant buy it alone. You have to buy all storm legion souls in one big package which should be available on cash shop.
    Ambroo- Apotheosys

Ah! Thank you! I see it now!

I am sooo close with what I already got

Question along the same line really..
    I used to play Rift, left and now that it's F2P I'm tempted to come back..

If I buy the Storm Legion Disc (found it for less than $20) i could still apply the Key to the account that way right? Or is the only way to get the 4 souls from the cash shop now?

In the end it would be cheaper to get the DVD.. ($25 for enough credits to buy the pack)
    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    You can't nerf a good player. A good player will always find a way to out-smart players that aren't as good.

Plane Walker

I know that you can definitely buy the DVD for $25 and get all the souls as quite a few people are doing that instead because it is the cheapest option.

As to whether you can apply the key from that box to your already existing account, I'm not too sure. You think you'd be able to.

Storm Legion souls cost 3150 credits. Work out if that's cheaper than the disk. I would think it is.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post
    Storm Legion souls cost 3150 credits. Work out if that's cheaper than the disk. I would think it is.
    That might be with the Patron/Loyalty discount.. It shows 3400 to me.
    $20 for 3250
    $5 for another 750

$25 for the souls in game.

Found the DVD for $16
    You can't nerf a good player. A good player will always find a way to out-smart players that aren't as good.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Thebacklash View Post
    Question along the same line really..
    I used to play Rift, left and now that it's F2P I'm tempted to come back..

If I buy the Storm Legion Disc (found it for less than $20) i could still apply the Key to the account that way right? Or is the only way to get the 4 souls from the cash shop now?

In the end it would be cheaper to get the DVD.. ($25 for enough credits to buy the pack)
    You may have to contact customer service to add the code to your existing account. I'm not sure what happened with a friend who did the same, but they ended up adding the 30-day sub even though the box says the free 30 days is only for new accounts. Very nice of them, so maybe they'd do that for you.

There's a weird issue with mine where I can't see the presets for the Storm Legion souls. I can manually pick the skills from those, but I can't yet go with the Trion presets. Just a heads up, in case you add it and don't see them pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleuso View Post
    You may have to contact customer service to add the code to your existing account. I'm not sure what happened with a friend who did the same, but they ended up adding the 30-day sub even though the box says the free 30 days is only for new accounts. Very nice of them, so maybe they'd do that for you.

There's a weird issue with mine where I can't see the presets for the Storm Legion souls. I can manually pick the skills from those, but I can't yet go with the Trion presets. Just a heads up, in case you add it and don't see them pop up.
    He shouldn't need to contact customer service in order to apply an existing Storm Legion code to his account. It's not like the developers disabled all the public activation codes with the release of F2P. That would be illegal and consumers would get angry.. and it would just get ugly for TRION.
    During that free weekend a couple weeks ago, I managed to play for a while on my mage without the Harbringer. I then claimed a copy of RIFT, RIFT STORM LEGION, plus 30 days playtime from Raptr (now expired) for free; which now allows me to view, and use all new souls.

You still have to purchase the Storm Legion expansion to get access to the new areas though correct? So just buying the souls package off the rift store just unlocks the souls and that's it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpax View Post
    You still have to purchase the Storm Legion expansion to get access to the new areas though correct? So just buying the souls package off the rift store just unlocks the souls and that's it right?
    Trion needs to have a FAQ on this now..

I know i'm going to be too busy to play much for the next week or so.. So i'm going to hold off doing anything right now. (I need to transfer off Silkweb anyway) and the Queue is insane ATM..

I'll keep an eye on this thread, and search for other info on my situation. Maybe send Trion an email and flat out ask how best to do this.

I always regretted leaving Rift. I "beat" WoW and don't miss it. I quit Rift.. always said it's the one MMO i'd go back to. Was just tired of the Subscription model. (all MMO's)
    And now Rift went F2P.. SOLD!

Closed Thread