+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Xenoheart

Thread: Returning Player...need advice for 50 Mage

Default Returning Player...need advice for 50 Mage

Hello all, I am returning from a very long hiatus, and would like to pick up my 50 mage to level with. Previously I ran a Ele/Archon/Chloro spec for soloing. I am looking for some suggestions or the non-Harb variety for levelling. Thanks in advance!

Wrong forum section, or just Harbinger variants the only real choice?

It's the right forum section but there is nothing really as effective as the combination of Harbinger and Chloro for soloing. Elementalist and Necromancer are both capable as they each have tank pets that they can keep healed up, I leveled to 50 with a necromancer build way back when. But it's going to be a lot slower and more difficult especially in the 50-60 range. Mage tank pets tend to have a lot of trouble holding aggro off the mage.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 06-04-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Ascendant

mage pet tanks can hold aggro just fine since storm legion, both pet specs will work just fine from 50 - 60. I used mainly necro and sometimes ele to level without any trouble so no, harbinger is not the only choice. However it is better (as in more efficient) for leveling and quite fun, a little on the boring side but fun

try them all and don't feel like you need to be pigeon holed while you level

welcome back

I solo with Pyro. AOE stuns, ST stuns, unbreakable roots, fulminate nearly one shots any mob. And I can reset them all with a heatwave. Spam your regular shield plus the internal shield proc I never really take damage in the first place.

But if you are going for AOE farming then ya, chloro harb.

Although I AOE farmed with warlock. Radiate death plus my life returning shield and my defense cooldown or mortality...easy peasy.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Thanks for the Warlock suggestion, Xeno. I have paired this with some in Chloro, and I am having a great time, thanks!

+ Reply to Thread