+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Primalthirst

Thread: Dominator match

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    134

    Default Dominator match

    So, I'm 34 now, and am planning on a spec with full points in Dominator for the support idea... what would people suggest for the other 15? I'm thinking 8 points in chloro to help out the healers with some passive regen... but then I'm left with 7 points left over. What would you put into those 7 points? Elementalist would give some spell crit and a shield... but by max level, the pet would be less useful (although, with the dominator's damage shield buffing it, even at 60, it would absorb some damage and deal back a bit.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Primalthirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    Using Lifegiving Veil from Chloromancer is almost always a bad idea in group play unless you are a healer. Having your own Veil up prevents you from receiving Veil heals from other players, so instead of helping the Chloro you're actually making them spend extra GCDs casting direct heals on you.

    For subspec, 5 Harbinger is always a good option.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 06-01-2013 at 09:23 PM.
    Nope.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Valnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mohrb View Post
    So, I'm 34 now, and am planning on a spec with full points in Dominator for the support idea... what would people suggest for the other 15? I'm thinking 8 points in chloro to help out the healers with some passive regen... but then I'm left with 7 points left over. What would you put into those 7 points? Elementalist would give some spell crit and a shield... but by max level, the pet would be less useful (although, with the dominator's damage shield buffing it, even at 60, it would absorb some damage and deal back a bit.
    Please see my guide on dominator here: http://forums.doyouevenrift.com/view...php?f=24&t=537

    This is more along the control lines. If you want damaging then you probably want 15 stormcaller as your subspec.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Using Lifegiving Veil from Chloromancer is almost always a bad idea in group play unless you are a healer. Having your own Veil up prevents you from receiving Veil heals from other players, so instead of helping the Chloro you're actually making them spend extra GCDs casting direct heals on you.
    ..
    didn't know they would interfere with each other... that sucks. Would the rest of the group benefit from ticks from both veils? Or would that interfere as well?

  5. #5
    Ascendant Primalthirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mohrb View Post
    didn't know they would interfere with each other... that sucks. Would the rest of the group benefit from ticks from both veils? Or would that interfere as well?
    The rest of the group benefits, but low pt investment in Chloro results in very low healing output
    Nope.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple Mauzeer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Using Lifegiving Veil from Chloromancer is almost always a bad idea in group play unless you are a healer. Having your own Veil up prevents you from receiving Veil heals from other players, so instead of helping the Chloro you're actually making them spend extra GCDs casting direct heals on you.

    For subspec, 5 Harbinger is always a good option.
    Bolded , Never use lgv in group with other full-time chloro healers !!!

    OT, for cq, pvp i use 61 dom /15 sc/0 har or 61 dom/11 sc(for RoW)/4 harb.
    Evandro, Retired

  7. #7
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    At low gear levels you're probably best off going with 15 points in Stormcaller and 0 points Archon. Stormcaller's AOE damage gift and talents benefit most Dominator abilities, and Archon provides you with some more HP and a buffer against purges. Alternatively you could try 9 Stormcaller / 6 Archon to get Flowing Sands out of Archon, which is an invaluable escape tool.

    Once you've hit max level and you're gearing up you'll want to switch to a 10 Stormcaller / 5 Harbinger or 8 Stormcaller / 7 Harbinger build.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts