+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vexare

Thread: Chloro living energy

  1. #1
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default Chloro living energy

    Can we get a fix for this aura pls? It's been an increasing occurance where the raid starts yelling about not having clover up while it is clearly toggled on. Essentially if the chloro who first activates clover dies, moves out of range, or anything else, the buff drops from the raid even though another chloro with the ability turned on is within range. This is most noticable on twins using 4tank strat but also happens frequently in other raids and is a frustrating, and rather silly bug.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    Can we get a fix for this aura pls? It's been an increasing occurance where the raid starts yelling about not having clover up while it is clearly toggled on. Essentially if the chloro who first activates clover dies, moves out of range, or anything else, the buff drops from the raid even though another chloro with the ability turned on is within range. This is most noticable on twins using 4tank strat but also happens frequently in other raids and is a frustrating, and rather silly bug.
    The aura is only cancelled if it's overwritten or that chloro dies.

    If the chloro is out of range, you should probably change your strategy. Have the healers in the middle.

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    The aura is only cancelled if it's overwritten or that chloro dies.

    If the chloro is out of range, you should probably change your strategy. Have the healers in the middle.
    Contribution factor = 0. I luv you ahov but in your world everything is either horribly broken, or perfectly fine. I mentioned both of the above situations that you did so there really was nothing useful added by your post. Bottom line is it's an aura, it shouldn't matter if the chloro who first cast it died or ran out of range on crucia or went into a different portal on regulos or whatever the case may be. If there is a chloro in range then the aura should be active.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Primalthirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    5,832

    Default

    This is a pita and has been for a long time
    Nope.

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    There is a note on PTS regarding this I believe. That toggle abilities will show as "detoggled" when their effect "ends" (i.e. is overwritten).

  6. #6
    Ascendant Xenoheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Currently I use Karuulalert for this as chloro. If the other chloro dies that has it up I have a ginormous warning that pops up reminding me to turn mine on.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

  7. #7
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    ehh, I'm still underwhelmed. Just because the pts now detoggles if it isn't active, or a K alert to remind you to put it back up doesn't change the fact that I shouldn't have to worry about it in the first place. Its not a buff, it's an aura. And thus it should be in effect whenever i'm in range.

  8. #8
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vexare View Post
    ehh, I'm still underwhelmed. Just because the pts now detoggles if it isn't active, or a K alert to remind you to put it back up doesn't change the fact that I shouldn't have to worry about it in the first place. Its not a buff, it's an aura. And thus it should be in effect whenever i'm in range.
    That's an unfortunate effect of how buff overwriting works. Maybe someday they'll be able to have abilities "suppress" while they are overwritten instead of canceling.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts