+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Harbinger Survivability

Shadowlander

Default Harbinger Survivability

So recently I switched from a Shaman/Druid/Inquisitor char to a Harbinger/Chloro char. I'm still low level, but I find Harbinger more fun than my previous combination because of more reactive stuff (Eldrich Armor huzzah) and more ranged options. However, I take a lot more damage on my Harbinger than on my Cleric because Chloro's healing on attack is not nearly as good as Inquisitor's, and I don't have the absorb spells of Shaman and Druid to guard me.

Now, I rarely die because anytime I get close I can just cast Bloom (which is Instant through talents) and bring me back into the fight. And I know that later stuff like Conditioned Response and Insult to Injury increase survivability greatly. But I want to know if Harbinger has good survivability overall, because I heard that Harbingers are the squishiest of the direct melee DPS classes (don't know if that's actually true though) and I don't really like playing very squishy characters unless they're nukers.

just a note on how "squishy" harb is. i solo as 61harb/15pyro. i can hold and kill up to about.....6 enemies in the end zones and end the fight with about 1/4 to 1/2 hp left(less if 2 or 3 of em are casters), mostly depending on procs for conditioned repose, without using empyrean ascension. granted i go thru a drink or 2 periodically, but ive yet to get ridiculously overwhelmed. also one of the fights in EE, matriarch, from what ive seen and heard, alot of guilds use 2 harbs for the stuns on a certain add to keep boss healing down considerably.

Shadowlander

Thanks for your response.

I realized a mistake on my original post: I used Shaman/Druid/Justicar, not Inquisitor.

Normally for groups I'll be nuking, or playing Chloromancer, so I'm not too worried about that. I just really enjoy being able to stay alive during leveling and questing, or soloing Rifts and such. Shamicar did a great job of that, but as I mentioned earlier I don't really like anything else the Cleric has to offer.

From your response it sounds like Harbinger can hold up during big fights. Thanks!

holds up about as well as other melee classes. if itll squish a warrior, itll probably squish u too

Shadowlander

So I fought a boss my level today and managed to end the fight at around 90% health simply because Radiant Spores is so great for self-healing against a single target.

Turns out Harbinger/Chloro has better survivability (for me personally) than Shaman/Justicar.

+ Reply to Thread