+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyro Crit%

Rift Disciple

Default Pyro Crit%

I've looked at parses and have been asking friends about this and no one knows what the problem is. When I parse with pyro, not once have I ever had a crit% greater than 28. A friend that recently hit 60 gets 30% with pyro in crap gear. My spell crit is 1947, and his is 1683. My spec is correct and I know im doing the rotaion right, but even in raids the other pyros in my guild are ahead of me by about 7-8% crit on every fight. If anyone knows why this is happening please tell me.

Parsing stats - 5284sp / 1947 crit / 766 cp

Fireball has an additional 10% Chance to crit. If you aren't getting enough Pyromancer's Aegis procs then you will have less Fireballs and a lower Crit % (this is bad.)

What does your damage breakdown usually look like? Fireball should be between ~45-49% of your DPS.
    Nope.

Rift Disciple

fireball is usually like 44-47% of my damage, if you look at the ACT parse Bearz has in his guide it looks very similar to that as far as ability breakdown.

Rift Disciple

Can you post your ACT so I can see your breakdowns?

Rift Disciple

ACT parse about average what I usually do, add roughly 300 dps cuz I stopped it late.

http://imgur.com/4SOTpBj

Rift Disciple

Your crit %s, other than Cinderburst looks fairly normal. The reason your "overall" crit rate is low is because about a quarter of your hits CAN'T crit. ie. Weapon and trinket procs.

Yea, you have more abilities basically. Other than that, %s look on par from what I can tell, just my two cents.
    Formerly Manwitch.... 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 3/4 GA

Champion

Did a lil maths and when you discount the procs your crit % is 31.6%. So that makes sense in relation to your terribly geared friend.

Yea double checked them. You have more stuff firing off than the other guy that actually can't crit (trinket procs etc), and its artificially lowering your crit %.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Other day I was parsing and got zero crits on 9 cinder bursts, zero crits on 6 fusillades and only 11% crit rate on all ticks of my 4-5 flame volleys. Yet, I'm rockin 2250~ sc due to items I can't get rid of(10m staff, deso chest, etc.).

RNG.

+ Reply to Thread