+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Harbinger Survivability?

Soulwalker

Default Harbinger Survivability?

I have a question about Harbingers. Seeing as they are mages and wear cloth, how is their survivability?

I dont see any real armor enchancing abilities, just some that buffs evade and parry

Plane Touched

Its pretty good paired with chloro.

it works fine, i can run it on any boss and have no probs its not about ur armor really its more about are you horrible at mechanics. if you can do the boss mechanics your fine

i guess u may want a ranged spec for 3rd boss tdq but other than that ur fine
    Magicmuffins Mage Defiant
    HK 11/11 | ID 8/8 | PF 4/4 | TDQ 4/4 | FT 4/4 | EE 5/5 | GA 2/4

Rift Chaser

pvp or pve is the question

Champion

Survivability is decent even with cloth. Harb has quite a bag of tricks. First, there are two nice passives. At 35 points into the tree you gain healing reflex where incoming damage has a chance to heal and at 25 points into the tree you gain insult to injury which shields you. There's also the weapon buffs that restore health every slashing attack.

As for active abilities, planar shield at 28 points into the tree is a charge consuming shield that works for 5 attacks with no cooldown. And then phantom blades at 48pts into the tree allows you to attack at ranged for 15 seconds which helps avoid lots of damage.

Then there's the retreat, the combat buff that increases evasion, and the 61pt buff which reduces damage taken, plus whatever else you pair into the harb tree that might increase survivability. Harb doesn't have huge defensive cooldowns, but it has a ton of little things built into it that help give it survivability in PVE and PVP. And like someone mentioned, paired with chloro for solo PVE play it's pretty much invincible.

It's very low in pvp unless you have the 2m EA cooldown up. This is because all of harbingers' passive and Cooldown dodge is completely negated by Hit. You can't really wear a veil in pvp either because then you won't receive other chloro heals. Overall It's just a bad choice right now.

In pve, who cares because It's dps isn't good, and It's only useful for solo grinding and leveling, which you should never die doing anyway.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Soulwalker

So far Harbinger seems ok for pve, maybe a bit bad doing rifts? but is there a recommended spec for pvp?

Harbinger survivability is excellent in PvP.

With 11 Pyro 4ele you have access to Flicker, which paired up with Retreat enables you to escape from pressure in a second. Follow up with an instant stealth to force enemies to deselect you and so on.

Rotating between blinks, phantom blades and stuns, you are extremely annoying to kill.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post

With 11 Pyro 4ele you have access to Flicker, which paired up with Retreat enables you to escape from pressure in a second. Follow up with an instant stealth to force enemies to deselect you and so on.

Rotating between blinks, phantom blades and stuns, you are extremely annoying to kill.
    I'd say necromancer survivability is excellent, pyro is ok and harbinger is poor. It's worse than rift blade while doing less damage from melee and ranged so I'm not sure where you're coming from with this. If you're looking for a pvp build with more dps, better survivability and better abilities in general then necromancer is far more useful.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Harb durability is almost twice as much as a pyromancers with around equal DPS, the key difference being one is melee and one is range.

Necromancer durability is likewise pretty good, slightly between pyro and harbinger but significantly worse if the pet is down (Buff soul purge for christ sake!)

Saying that though harbinger isn't a tank spec, its a hit and run spec its best off paired with either 11 stormcaller for icy vortex/ride the wind for a practically unlimited +50% runspeed bonus or pyromancer for burst and more blinks.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Soulwalker

Ok first off harb dps is not equal to pyro or even all that close. In PvP we don't deal enough dmg to kill healers and going head to head w/ a rogue or warrior will probably end up on the losing end. We don't have any abilities to decrease healing done, however, thankfully we do have an interrupt. The dmg we don't do isn't very bursty its more static dmg, for these reasons harb is more catered to a solo lvling spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul sky View Post

In lower level pvp i'm finding this to be true. It's takes more then one to take me down I have heard about the lack of burst but when i get on someone they usually end up dead.
    EVERYBODY DIES, BUT NOT EVERYBODY LIVES.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    It's worse than rift blade
    You must be terrible at playing Harbinger if you honestly believe it has worse survivability than RB.

Rift Disciple

It depends what you do.

I don't pvp so can't comment on that, in solo pve it's survivabilty is good if you use the scythe. Pair it with chloro and you're almost invincible, you can pull 3-4 elite mobs from hive or crater in dendrome and survive, a lot more for normal mobs.

As for raids and dungeons, as long as you're alert on mechanics it's fine. And I wouldn't say the dps is bad, it does have pretty good dps.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    You must be terrible at playing Harbinger if you honestly believe it has worse survivability than RB.
    lol, screamo terrible?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast