+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Dear Trion

Default Dear Trion

For one of the new souls you are working on, please give mages a dragon tamer/trainer soul.

Why? Because that dragon whelp on PTS looks so awesome! It reminds me of breath of fire and brings back good memories!

Anyway, here's to hoping I'll have a cute pet dragon in the future.

I mean, someone has to raise it right? You know, so it doesnt go crazy and try to eat telara. Might as well be me :-)

Signed,

Xeno.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 05-28-2013 at 08:20 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Signed +1 for this idea.
    PS: Dunno what I sign about
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime (Level 60), Why trion bankrupted in nutshell
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Turn the Blood Raptor for Ranger into a DRAGON! Yes, yes, I support this idea! I want a dragon pet!

No, no more pet classes. They suck, always become obsolete due to scaling, the AI on pets are bad, they frequently get killed due to raid mechanics, and require alot of effort to babysit in pvp.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Still remember an awesome idea from pre-SL possible souls..

An "Illusionist"/tanking soul. Would be cool. Maybe like morphing into different types of body, between mitigating magic and physical damage

Idk
    Formerly Manwitch.... 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 3/4 GA

What Screamo said, pet classes blow.
    Nope.

Champion

Pet classes themselves are pretty cool. But it is other factors that blow as mentioned above (poor ai, poor scaling etc). If these problems could be remedied then perhaps there would be a use for pet classes.

Perhaps a class (or a fixed class?) that interacts with its pet more by being able to take over the different pet forms (indefinitely)? Sort of becoming a two-in-one person merged with their pet?

But then this would practically just be a shape changer and I think I would prefer that instead.

Too bad that it is too late to give any suggestions - decisions have been already made.

But anyways. Shapeshifter - the mage that could shift forms based on the element he gets possessed with. Fire - for single target DPS, Air - for AOE DPS, Earth - for survivability and defensive buffs, Water - for Offensive buffs.

This one can be not only DPS soul but a support soul as well. I would prefer support - we really are missing some defensive support role with different shields, mitigations etc. Probably additional buffs/debuffs and ofcource a proper DPS.
    You should give the power to one who doesn't want to use it
    Arm Dearg (Zaviel) Mage class leader
    GSB 5/5 RoS 5/5 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 11/11 RotP 4/4 ID 8/8 PF 4/4
    FT 4/4 EE 5/5 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 4/5
    Wizards till we die!

Oooo, new soul time again? Man, my break was longer than I thought.

I still like the idea of an illusionist or shapeshift type of tank. Have it somehow work with Deflect, just so there's a cleric/mage gear split like there is for warrior/rogue. But in order to do that they'd need to make warrior and rogue healers and cleric support of the buff-bot variety, just to avoid a QQ storm of "but why can they do everything and I can't?"

But, if a tank soul is not in order I'd rather it not be a support or pet soul. I'm against the idea of another support soul since we already have two and I'd rather see those fleshed out. I guess I'm against another pet soul for much the same reason, could put a zombie dragon in Necro or something. I think a more direct heal/shields based healer would be a great addition to the mix. That said, if it's a unique take on an existing role that provides a meaningful difference from what we have now I'll be at worst interested and at best super excited.

On the other hand, if they're going to do the social souls that they mentioned they wanted to do eventually I think it'd be great if we got something that turned players into a random critter. It shouldn't lock out ability use just so that it's not something trolls do to the healers in the middle of a fight to cause a wipe, but I think that would be a fun addition to the game. Or better yet, a spell that causes an explosion of smoke and light while playing the first 40 seconds of "The Final Countdown", causing everyone nearby to /clap and /cheer.
    If you're too old to play with Legos, you still have some growing up to do.

Plane Walker

I'd like a tank soul. We're the only ones that can't tank..it's time! Or combine the two requests and have the dragon tank for us..
    Last edited by Jebasiz; 05-29-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    No, no more pet classes. They suck, always become obsolete due to scaling, the AI on pets are bad, they frequently get killed due to raid mechanics, and require alot of effort to babysit in pvp.
    +1

10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Pacifyer View Post
    Too bad that it is too late to give any suggestions - decisions have been already made.

But anyways. Shapeshifter - the mage that could shift forms based on the element he gets possessed with. Fire - for single target DPS, Air - for AOE DPS, Earth - for survivability and defensive buffs, Water - for Offensive buffs.

This one can be not only DPS soul but a support soul as well. I would prefer support - we really are missing some defensive support role with different shields, mitigations etc. Probably additional buffs/debuffs and ofcource a proper DPS.
    Never too late Elrar has already said they are deep into working on next expansion already

another pet class would be a very bad idea we already have necro and ele which both are not used anymore

Please give us an illusionist spec with:

Mirror forms that explode

More teleports

Proper invisibility

Better knockbacks

More range

And whatever other nasty tricks a dominator illusionist might have.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    Please give us an illusionist spec with:

Mirror forms that explode

More teleports

Proper invisibility

Better knockbacks

More range

And whatever other nasty tricks a dominator illusionist might have.

That's called a mesmer. GW2 would be mad if we got one.

Whatever we get, I want a dragon themed soul. Maybe it'll be breath of fire-ish where we can morph into various dragons...muahahahahahaha.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 05-30-2013 at 09:12 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast