+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Necromancer with???

Default Necromancer with???

So tomorrow I'm planning on rolling a mage (Yay!)

I wanna let zombies feast on those unfortunate enough to eat my cookies.

But what else do I pair with it? I'm thinking of aiming for 61 necromancer, but am unsure what to pair with it. I've been tossing up pyromancer and warlock, but am unsure.

Remember, it's about revenge for the cookie.

Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    It's important if you:
    Want to be the very best, like no-one ever was!
    To grind them all is my real test, to earn rep is my cause!
    I will travel across the land, grinding far and wide!
    Each rep grind to achieve, the power that's inside...

Quote Originally Posted by Javaris View Post
    So tomorrow I'm planning on rolling a mage (Yay!)

I wanna let zombies feast on those unfortunate enough to eat my cookies.

But what else do I pair with it? I'm thinking of aiming for 61 necromancer, but am unsure what to pair with it. I've been tossing up pyromancer and warlock, but am unsure.

Remember, it's about revenge for the cookie.

Thank you!
    I've paired 61 necro with 13 elementalist (velocity, elemental link, ashen armor and the internal pet dmg boost) the last 2 I put into harbinger (for sp/sword buff (which procs well on dots and last gasp)). I think this helps the pet's outputs a lot, but I've seen a couple variations. happy hunting!
    Last edited by Inixia; 05-26-2013 at 01:08 AM.

Default Pave or Pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Inixia View Post
    I've paired 61 necro with 13 elementalist (velocity, elemental link, ashen armor) the last 2 I put into harbinger. I think this puts more emphasis on pet. Do you plan to use it for pvp or pve?
    PvE PvE PvE!!! Those naughty dragons will be devoured by my leech!

I was thinking some harbinger, specially for that tiny splash of melee just in case.

Ele sounds fun
    It's important if you:

Necro is great for pvp, probably one of the worst overall pve builds. Roll a harbinger to level, then learn Warlock and Pyro for raid DPS. Necro in pve just isn't good at anything.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    Necro is great for pvp, probably one of the worst overall pve builds. Roll a harbinger to level, then learn Warlock and Pyro for raid DPS. Necro in pve just isn't good at anything.
    :O. Noo! Well next question: what are some other combos for harb other than pyro and chloro? If any that is...
    It's important if you:

Quote Originally Posted by Javaris View Post
    :O. Noo! Well next question: what are some other combos for harb other than pyro and chloro? If any that is...
    Elementalist, for Lightning Strike Eldritch Armor procs. Works well for killing things. You want to get at least 8 in chloro for Lifegiving Veil though, as this ensures you can solo multiple enemies without fear of getting killed.

Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    Necro in pve just isn't good at anything.
    That is a verrry broad statement. I'm using Necro with Ele and it has worked verrry well in PvE. Never had any trouble. Also have a pure 61 Necro spec and never had issues with that either.

I hate Harb, Pyro is boring and FotM specs annoy me anyway.

Warlock is sweet though.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Default Locks everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    That is a verrry broad statement. I'm using Necro with Ele and it has worked verrry well in PvE. Never had any trouble. Also have a pure 61 Necro spec and never had issues with that either.

Warlock is sweet though.
    I like lock, have been looking for a chlorolock levelling build for 1-60 but gave up on that since I can't seem to make it work

You're confidence in necromancer is reassuring
    It's important if you:

I'm using Necro with Ele and it has worked verrry well in PvE. Never had any trouble. Also have a pure 61 Necro spec and never had issues with that either.
    What does this even mean? You're literally saying that when you put 61points in necro, whipped up some macros, set up your keybinds and went into a dungeon that it did damage and you didn't wipe. Is this what you're saying..? lol.

I don't understand because there isn't any unstable element to building specs where if you don't put the points in just right you walk in the dungeon and it implodes or your internet shorts out.

He was talking about Necro's overall performance in PVE, which is terrible compared to other specs. Besides having just overall lower performance, it serves no specialized function, so it is in fact useless in PVE, like he said.

In regards to your fotm comment, this is silly. Not only should you, from a performance standpoint, use the specs that are stronger but at one point in SL a Necro/Ele variant was fotm too(and no I don't mean 44/32Necrolist).

Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    What does this even mean? You're literally saying that when you put 61points in necro, whipped up some macros, set up your keybinds and went into a dungeon that it did damage and you didn't wipe. Is this what you're saying..? lol.

I don't understand because there isn't any unstable element to building specs where if you don't put the points in just right you walk in the dungeon and it implodes or your internet shorts out.

He was talking about Necro's overall performance in PVE, which is terrible compared to other specs. Besides having just overall lower performance, it serves no specialized function, so it is in fact useless in PVE, like he said.

In regards to your fotm comment, this is silly. Not only should you, from a performance standpoint, use the specs that are stronger but at one point in SL a Necro/Ele variant was fotm too(and no I don't mean 44/32Necrolist).
    1) No, I use 61 when soloing for fun to change things up. I never said I use it in instances, and I wouldn't use it in an instance. Please look up what the word "literally" means, and please do not ready anything more into my words other than what I say.

2) I said FotM specs annoy me. I was using NecroEle variant LONG before it went FotM. Your comment is irrelevant.

2) If Necro/Ele had no "function" as you say, then why was it FotM at one point? Your statements contradict themselves.

3) "Terrible" is a very very broad statement. It doesn't parse the highest dmg, but it isn't useless like SC.

Point is, which was apparently lost, I run Necro/Ele and do well with it. If I were a high end raider again, I'd run something else for raids. But I'm not, so I don't.
    Last edited by ilex011; 05-26-2013 at 02:28 AM.
    Faeblight

1) No, I use 61 when soloing for fun to change things up. I never said I use it in instances, and I wouldn't use it in an instance. Please look up what the word "literally" means, and please do not ready anything more into my words other than what I say.

2) I said FotM specs annoy me. I was using NecroEle variant LONG before it went FotM. Your comment is irrelevant.

2) If Necro/Ele had no "function" as you say, then why was it FotM at one point? Your statements contradict themselves.

3) "Terrible" is a very very broad statement. It doesn't parse the highest dmg, but it isn't useless like SC.

Point is, which was apparently lost, I run Necro/Ele and do well with it. If I were a high end raider again, I'd run something else for raids. But I'm not, so I don't.
    Sigh, people get so defensive when you challenger their logic or attempt to explain things.

1) I think you missed the part where I was asking you what you meant by that statement. Because it made literally zero sense from a raiding/dungeon pve standpoint. If all you're doing is questing, dailies, sure Necro will "not have issues" as it's a pet spec.

2)I heard you say fotm specs annoy you, and I said it's silly to be annoyed by a spec simply because you feel it's labeled fotm. It's like "I used to listen to The Strokes BEFORE they got big~". Sorry you can't be hipster with necro/ele, people used these specs on launch to level with. The only reason they don't continue to use them is because they're obsolete.

2) Yay, 2) again. This isn't a contradiction. It was fotm at one point(January?) because it was overpowered and broken. The gcd reducing talents of Ele and Necro stacked, making the SZ swing every .5 seconds, doing upwards of 60% of the mages damage resulting in a spec that outright did more damage than Lock, Pyro or any Harb variant with insane mobility and target switching capabilities. As soon as it went public the talents were nerfed to not stack within a couple days.

3) "Terrible" is exactly what it is in a raid or dungeon setting(anything outside soloing). It doesn't do anywhere near enough damage and it's utility is a single purge which is brought by many other competitive specs. It's made obsolete by Pyro, Lock and Harb.

Warlock is sweet though.
    ...Never had any trouble doing what? Clearing a dungeon, or completing hard mode Gelidra?

I never said Necro couldn't be a fun spec, but I'm not trying to set up a new player for failure. When it comes down to it, Necromancer simply cannot compete with Pyromancer or Warlock DPS in a raid. Period.

Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Isn't that the eternal unspoken battle in build discussion, new players don't give a s___ about raiding, and high levels can't think about anything else.
    A new player is concerned with leveling, by the time they are high enough level to raid they will have played their roles enough to know what to do for raiding.

In the case of leveling, which is mostly solo, necro is a very efficient and safe spec.

Quote Originally Posted by OwnedByCats View Post
    Isn't that the eternal unspoken battle in build discussion, new players don't give a s___ about raiding, and high levels can't think about anything else.
    A new player is concerned with leveling, by the time they are high enough level to raid they will have played their roles enough to know what to do for raiding.

In the case of leveling, which is mostly solo, necro is a very efficient and safe spec.
    Took the words from my keyboard.

Know your audience, leet boys. Not every thread requires you have something to prove. Sometimes people really do want to know basic stuff.
    Last edited by ilex011; 06-21-2013 at 12:42 PM.
    Faeblight

dbe
    General of Telara

Necro is a great solo/leveling spec and does fine in dungeons. There are two premades that use necro but I'm not sure how they match up to just straight necro with spare points in elemental (for more pet damage and damage reduction).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast