+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pork Star

Thread: Change to Lucent Slash

Default Change to Lucent Slash

For starters, THANK YOU!!!! for changing Lucent Slash so it can be used without having a target, this is a much appreciated QoL change for Harbingers.

I did notice something as I was running around TB gleefully Lucent Slashing without a care in the world. I was getting Eldritch Armor procs when I wasn't hitting anything. I don't know if this is a big deal or not, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelya99 View Post
    For starters, THANK YOU!!!! for changing Lucent Slash so it can be used without having a target, this is a much appreciated QoL change for Harbingers.

I did notice something as I was running around TB gleefully Lucent Slashing without a care in the world. I was getting Eldritch Armor procs when I wasn't hitting anything. I don't know if this is a big deal or not, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Thanks again!
    Shaman's Strike of the Maelstrom has similar behaviors in regards to procs with no targets. It's pretty inconsequential for a Shaman, but I can see it being quite the little...convenience for a Harbinger to have an EA proc ready off the bat.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

Cool. Not only a QoL change, but now a useful tool for popping out stealthed folks in PvP!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Ray View Post
    Shaman's Strike of the Maelstrom has similar behaviors in regards to procs with no targets. It's pretty inconsequential for a Shaman, but I can see it being quite the little...convenience for a Harbinger to have an EA proc ready off the bat.
    Could this become a strategy - Lucent Slash pre-fight to get an EA proc, then charge/teleport in, hit (most likely) Lightning Strike, follow up with a .5 sec GCD Piercing Beam, etc.?

Interesting pvp scenario (in addition to "pre-slashing to get an EA ready to roll): Lucent Slashing to get an EA proc while chasing an out-of-range runner when your gap closers and stuns/snares are on CD (or more likely the target is immune).

Again, I don't know how game-changing this is, just tossing ideas out there.

Plane Walker

I'm not thanking anyone for this change, since it's a huge nerf.
    Previously it counted as a single target ability, since you needed a target.
    This meant I maxed at about 90k dps in GHR's if many mobs were pulled to the middle

Oh well, that was awesome while it lasted - I can confirm Fury of the Ascended no longer works for this ability.

I like the idea of pre-slashing though for EA procs though.
    Last edited by CreepyD; 05-24-2013 at 04:34 AM.
    -------------------------
    [eXile] Allillos - Mage - Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by CreepyD View Post
    I'm not thanking anyone for this change, since it's a huge nerf.
    Previously it counted as a single target ability, since you needed a target.
    This meant I maxed at about 90k dps in GHR's if many mobs were pulled to the middle

Oh well, that was awesome while it lasted - I can confirm Fury of the Ascended no longer works for this ability.

I like the idea of pre-slashing though for EA procs though.
    Fury of the Ascended works on targeted abilities, not single-target abilities. Lucent Slash never counted as a single-target ability. Just for clarification.

Fury of the Ascended works that way because it increases the damage of your actual abilities to every target, so it needs to be targeted on an invasion mob to trigger the bonus. If it applied to an untargeted AoE it would work against every enemy in the game unless they changed how it buffs the damage.

+ Reply to Thread