+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dear Trion: When I'm 61 points in Chloro and 4 points in Dom..

Default Dear Trion: When I'm 61 points in Chloro and 4 points in Dom..

.. please dont autoflag me as support. It just doesn't make sense.
    Last Dawn @ Zaviel
    Shifthappens - 50 Cleric || Omfgkittens - 60 Mage

Plane Walker

a longstanding problem... we need to be able to simply pick an icon for each role.
    Mantissa@Greybriar 7/8 raid tiers cleared <Rekt>

Champion

Similar to archon being tabbed as dps... when the whole point of archon soul used to be support... but then they went and gave us this gift of 1% damage per soul point when really all people want our the buffs. Dps is frosting. So why not tag the archons as support?

To be honest, chloro just doesn't play well (or as well as it could) with the other souls. It is frequently only 8pts in chloro to boost another soul with lgv or 61 pts so you can be a healer. Anything in between is usually frowned upon. What happened to all of our happy hybrid specs?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by smellwhat View Post
    So why not tag the archons as support?
    That has nothing to do with it.
    The issue is based on the number of abilities you possess that are flagged healing/DpS/support.

Chloro when paired with dom has more support than healing so it gets flagged as support.
    You'll find the same issue as a low level mage. If you have anything less than 51 points into Chloromancer, and put 5 in harb and 10 n pyro, you get a DPS flag.

Archon as a 61 point build with no sub souls is marked as support.
    Its a very, very, minor issue and you should not stress over it.

Plane Walker

archon can display as support if you take support subsouls, it's due to the naive way the icons are calculated, which works like this:

"DPS" = # of soul points in pyro + SC + lock + harb + necro + ele + archon
    "Heal" = # of soul points in chloro
    "Support" = # of soul points in chloro + dom + archon
    whichever of "DPS" "Heal" or "Support" is greatest is what icon you get.

As you notice archon and chloro are counted twice, and that's where the odd icons come from. a 61/10/5 chloro has 10 more "Support" points than "Heal" points, and a 61/8/7 archon has 76 "DPS" points. maybe it could be fixed by counting each chloro point as 2 in healing, each point in archon as 2 in support, but picking icons would be better...
    Mantissa@Greybriar 7/8 raid tiers cleared <Rekt>

Champion

Well, where to begin? I'm not really stressed about it but trion made some changes I never really understood. Also, I shouldn't post this here since I don't want to derail the OP's thread about how a chloro is tagged but I can't resist.

Archon from the beginning has been one of the two mage souls that is supposed to be a support soul: dom and archon. When SL comes out they ninja archon into an offensive soul (that is what it now says). And 61 pts gives you a damage flag not support.

Anyway, this wouldn't be an issue really except that archon is largely still seen as support (for all of the buffs and debuffs it gives). It is definitely not top-end dps so there is no reason to archon unless you are buffing (i.e. providing support). So its purpose hasn't really changed although trion's labeling of it has. This doesn't make sense.

Sorry for the rant. It seems like trion wants it both ways. They call archons offensive and yet we mainly provide support in raids. This is one of the main reasons that I have asked for an altered soul gift for archons to bring them more back in line with giving support. Say 1% dam + 0.5% heals (like warden almost but inverted) for the soul gift. This would provide some alternative "support" builds for mages other than just 61 chloro.

Which brings back the main posters' question. There is no good reason why 61 chloro gets tagged as support when it is heals plain and simple.

@drabk, thanks for the explanation of how the flagging is done. It does seem rather at odds sometimes with the purpose we end up fulfilling. Choosing our flag or being given an option of choices would be nice.
    Last edited by smellwhat; 05-21-2013 at 09:30 PM.

This has been an issue for a long time before SL. Kervik looked into it at one point but I believe he said there's no simple way to fix it. I suspect it's related to the ability to queue dungeons as heals or support but that's just a guess. Otherwise having each point in Archon count as 2x support and Chloro count as 2x healing sounds good to me.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by smellwhat View Post

Archon from the beginning has been one of the two mage souls that is supposed to be a support soul: dom and archon. When SL comes out they ninja archon into an offensive soul (that is what it now says). And 61 pts gives you a damage flag not support.
    No.
    Archon is still flagged as a support soul and always has been.
    The 5% damage in the first tier has always been present, though originally it was only fire damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    No.
    Archon is still flagged as a support soul and always has been.
    The 5% damage in the first tier has always been present, though originally it was only fire damage.
    Additionally, Archon has said offensive soul for a long time. Weird labeling aside, it has always been a raid support soul with mediocre single-target DPS.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    Additionally, Archon has said offensive soul for a long time. Weird labeling aside, it has always been a raid support soul with mediocre single-target DPS.
    Really?
    Last I recalled TRION has the entire soul considered a support soul not an offensive soul
    Might be the way its calculated due to its gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Really?
    Last I recalled TRION has the entire soul considered a support soul not an offensive soul
    Might be the way its calculated due to its gift.
    I mean on the tooltip it's said Offensive Soul. The actual points equally count as DPS and Healing when it comes to the flag and dungeon queueing. It's been this way for a while and I don't know if it actually has anything to do with how Trion "considers" the soul.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 05-22-2013 at 10:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread