+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Complete Mage?

Default The Complete Mage?

There are many many options for each class in Rift. I have rocketed up to level 25 already and just grabbed a second spec and chose Chloro and was baffled. I didn't fully realize that I would have 100% new spells from my Pyro default build.

This got me thinking, as I level up perhaps every 10 levels I should respec to a new set of souls; to learn how to be a complete mage and really learn all about my class.

I realize end game I will probably focus on one or two specs, but learning what everything is would be helpful I think.

Does anyone have recommendations of souls to try and at what levels/skills to focus on. I realize this is vague and difficult to answer, just wondering if someone else has experience trying this out and could give me pointers.

Barring any sort of guide I find, I will probably just choose a default spec every 10 levels and use the built in guide from the game.

Thank you

I found this low level build
    and pairing it with this guide

I think this will be what I try next.

Yes have fun exploring your specs, about every 10 levels is right, the cost of each role goes up as you level so you probably won't get the 5th and 6th roles until after level 50.

Pyro and Chloro are good fundamentals to start with. Other specs you might want to try are Warlock, Harbinger, Archon and Dominator. The last two are mostly only useful in groups at level 60, however, they aren't terribly useful otherwise.

Just keep in mind there are a lot of specs that don't do well solo but are extremely useful in groups such as full Chloro and pure DPS specs.
    Last edited by TheGrinnz; 05-21-2013 at 10:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread