+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloro/lock viable still?

Default Chloro/lock viable still?

So I'm a new mage player, currently rocking necromancer/ele and am level 10. I keep hearing people mention chloro/lock, which sounds really fun and interesting. What build should i be aiming for? I can figure out what to spend when, it's what to spend it on that baffles me (logic much?)

Any idea on a chloro/lock build that I could use for leveling? I have harbinger/chloro but need something a bit different for a bit.

Cheers all mage masterminds:
    Javaris

Chlorolock was a very common build for raid healing at level 50. But the changes with patch 1.11 pretty much made playing Chlorolock ineffective and essentially pointless. If you want to play Chloro your only real option is 61 Chloro. The only other pseudo build you could consider would be something like this which you could use for raid healing if you really wanted to.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Chlorolock was a very common build for raid healing at level 50. But the changes with patch 1.11 pretty much made playing Chlorolock ineffective and essentially pointless. If you want to play Chloro your only real option is 61 Chloro. The only other pseudo build you could consider would be something like this which you could use for raid healing if you really wanted to.
    Ha i used that for 5 mans and twins

Champion

I use chloro lock for soloing (since I don't prefer harb). I typically use 44/12/20 lock/pyro/chloro. It's got some good aoe and it's hard to die. It's nice having a gcd of 1sec on withering vines too but overall heals is not this builds strongpoint. The chloro soul also buffs your self heals from life leach and your warlock armor which is what really helps you out while soloing.

I've also tried 32/44 lock/chloro (with 0 in archon). Better heals but still not what you would want for tank healing etc. Also good survivability but it lacks good damage.

p.s. there are lot of viable things to do that people don't write about in the guides. And many of the guides are what you do at level 60. What you should do before then is stay alive and learn about the class or the part of the class you want to play.
    Last edited by smellwhat; 05-21-2013 at 05:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread