+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Level spec excluding harb/chloro?

Soulwalker

Default Level spec excluding harb/chloro?

In short, I really don't like doing rifts/invasions/events as melee because so very few times you get to hit something that doesn't move/get pushed around, so I would like I guess the next best leveling spec for mages, one that can just run quests, do minor rifts, handle invasions, an elite or two, etc.

I understand warlock or necro main is probably the best, but any links to some of the more popular builds out there for some ideas? Also one that doesn't require lvl 50 to be usable, my mage is only lvl 31.

You could try starting with this:
    http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zcibRxhbvlxf00Vo0V
    And aim for this:
    http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zcibRxxbhvltfsqikrqrddz

I know you don't want Chloro, but the free healing with no points in it is nice.
    You could also go with Harby, if you have access to it, to get the 0 point blade that could increase your damge.
    If you really want to avoid those souls all together, you could go with Archon to get the stat boosting rock spell.

Either way. You'd basically send in your tank pet, let him get threat, then beat things down from a distance with spells.
    If you find that that takes too long, or you're fighting with a group, swap out for the air pet for ranged damage.

I've used this high end build to tank a dungeon before. Was a mentored PUG. Worked out well.

Soulwalker

Hmmm, kind of messed up my title a bit without giving enough info......it's not chloro I dislike, I actually really like Chloro itself, it's Harbinger that I don't really like, they just seem to often be used together so that's how I listed it. I find harbinger fun when completely solo, but anytime I'm in a group I hate having to chase things around so much.

Chloro is one of my favorite specs before due to the healing power, I like being able to swap to a more needed role in a dungeon if need be.

I'll try out the necromentalist, I read about it earlier but wasn't sure how effective it was. What kind of rotation would I use? Never played elementalist before.

pyro/dom

it speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLowerLight View Post
    pyro/dom

it speaks for itself.
    I ran into a girl like that in junior high. She lit my hair on fire.

Soulwalker

i just went 8chloro/ rest in pryo for majority of my levels really fast, most things die before they can even get to you, and with cinderburst procs its easy too 2-3 hit most mobs could drop rift mobs like nothing and just a little kiting for elites.

Quote Originally Posted by meoka2368 View Post
    I ran into a girl like that in junior high. She lit my hair on fire.
    Giving Flame Rupture a whole new meaning.
    A witty saying proves nothing
    - Voltaire
    One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork.
    - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Ymirson View Post
    Giving Flame Rupture a whole new meaning.
    was she a redhead?

+ Reply to Thread