+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi need help on my pyromancer

Soulwalker

Default Hi need help on my pyromancer

Hey i am leveling a pyromancer, i need help with my rotations and stuff, when should i use flame bolt or countdown, fireball is spam but i am confused grr.

Well personally while leveling things are going to die pretty fast until you hit Storm Legion. You can open with a Fireball then cast countdown and then flame bolt then spam fireball. Without knowing what level you are though its hard to judge what exactly you need to know at the time. I leveled pyro just fine casting those 2 moves and then spamming Fireball killed nearly everything until i got to higher level mobs. Just my personal exp at any rate.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Taldarandi View Post
    Well personally while leveling things are going to die pretty fast until you hit Storm Legion. You can open with a Fireball then cast countdown and then flame bolt then spam fireball. Without knowing what level you are though its hard to judge what exactly you need to know at the time. I leveled pyro just fine casting those 2 moves and then spamming Fireball killed nearly everything until i got to higher level mobs. Just my personal exp at any rate.
    Ty, i am lvl 12

I always start out with flame bolt and keep the buff up (using an addon like karuulalert to monitor). Because you're only level 12 is hard to know what you have available.

I basically have a macro with flame bolt and countdown on it. Start out with that. I have another macro with procced stuff (that I only want to cast when they'r available). Things like Inferno and Cinderblast. Then a third main spam macro with the spells like fireball and fusillade, etc. Channels are on their own (and a handy interrupt is on it's own).

See if you can find Valeryy's guide and it will give you some insight. Not sure if it has been updated since the most recent changes, but was very helpful to me.
    Beware the Penguin...

Champion

Look at how long it takes things to die. Countdown doesn't do damage until 8 seconds have passed so if things are dying quickly don't bother with countdown. I would start off with fireball if something isn't attacking you. It's good to start fights with cast time abilities. Once the fight has started a 2s cast time means an enemy is 2s closer to smacking you. However, if the fight hasn't started yet you can use a spell with a large cast time without any negative effects. If it's a situation where something ran too close and has already started attacking you then start with your instant abilities countdown and flame bolt. You also have burning bonds, a control spell that roots things, to help out if something starts attacking out of the blue.

It's good to use flame bolt whenever it's off cooldown because it does similar damage to fireball but takes up less time. Once you level to 15 you can talent improved flame bolt which makes it a much more important skill. With this skill using flame bolt increases dps by 10% so you always want to make sure that you use flame bolt on cooldown.

In general as you're leveling up fireball is your last resort. You use it at the start of fights but otherwise use up all your other skills and when you have nothing else fill the gaps with fireball. When you level to the 30's and get spark and heatwave things change a bit but hopefully by then you're comfortable enough with pyro to be able to see what makes sense to use and what doesn't.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Geopenguin View Post
    I always start out with flame bolt and keep the buff up (using an addon like karuulalert to monitor). Because you're only level 12 is hard to know what you have available.

I basically have a macro with flame bolt and countdown on it. Start out with that. I have another macro with procced stuff (that I only want to cast when they'r available). Things like Inferno and Cinderblast. Then a third main spam macro with the spells like fireball and fusillade, etc. Channels are on their own (and a handy interrupt is on it's own).

See if you can find Valeryy's guide and it will give you some insight. Not sure if it has been updated since the most recent changes, but was very helpful to me.
    what other macro and other tips you have? i like some of your macros

will do a little research and get back to you. want to see what is available at your level.
    my dps spec is 5 Harb 61 Pyro 10 Archon, but prolly wouldn't be good for leveling.

what sub souls are you using?
    Beware the Penguin...

Elementalist/Pyro/Chloro
    Start: Put 1 point in Pyro/Ignition

First Macro:
    #show Fireball
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Radiant Spores
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Fireball
    cast break free
    startattack

Bring out your elemental (the startattack line will send
    him in). If you have smart target turned on, you just
    need to be in range and start mashing. Otherwise tab
    target and start mashing. Would suggest turning off smart
    taget because could accidentally send off your pet
    prematurely.

Level Two:
    Put another point in Ignition. This will give you Fire
    Armor buff.

Level Three:

1 Point in Ignition, 1 Point in Chloro/Natural Awareness.
    Since your first spell is a life spell, this will increase
    your Int and your damage.

Level Four:
    4th Point in Ignition. This gives you Internalize Charge.
    I generally only use it on procced abnd channelled
    spells, but someone may know better. I put it on it's own
    button for now and manually use as needed.

Level Five:
    Fifth point in igition.

Level Six:
    1 point in Pyro/Burning Fury and another point in
    Chloro/Natural Awareness. This will give you Withering
    Vine. This is where I would probably start splitting up
    my macroes. I would also program karuul alerts and switch
    order so flame bolt goes off first (as Radiant Spores and
    Withering Vine are 16 second buffs).

Macro One:
    #show Withering Vine
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Radiant Spores
    cast Withering Vine
    cast break free
    startattack

Main Spam Macro:
    #show Fireball
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Fireball
    cast Withering Vine
    cast break free
    startattack

Karuulalert:
    KA::ASq95eNqdkcFuhCAURX/FL5j6QETDyqok3XRhbbsxMThSS6I4UTqJST++iG3aTjouGkJ4w M1
    95wLvxSC927E3DFjJTr1Y5MQQ49v4vk0oiTimHAhJ4yjMfOY7y boW6sWwTBhxUz3eVaJRvTJLrY6
    jniup5dQtjRQDHNp2ZpQQBsAgCNzEti1L8/syL9ZqdQOGfYtSfh3TdRe6Vvz9WZlXOSndeU9Kyx/
    MByOmTm4pVq4LYUIhC1AW5GFMkjym3DX6O4Aycvikt97a4MaRg 08tN76GDs5pB70QrbJu3sNpnOS
    8g34hTII0wiFPQgooyxGgHfTfb9/K8/hmaluf1dGoUdf+9gkx2Ajov0k+ABkzqAg

This will show you both CD on Flame Bolt and Active Time remaining on Radiant Spores and Withering Vine.

Start by hitting Macro One three times to get everything going, then main spam macro until/if you need to refresh something. I also have a macro made /karuulalert to pop it up for editting, etc.

I also have Withering Vine at tail end of Main Spam macro in case I need to have something go off while moving. In fact, if fireball is starting to hard cast when you need to refresh something, just hop or move to break casting and go to other macro.

Will add more later.
    Last edited by Geopenguin; 05-20-2013 at 04:31 PM.
    Beware the Penguin...

Prophet of Telara

I would suggest OP to try to play at the beginning with no macros. It`s a perfect moment to learn your class and all of it`s skills. I started using macros long after I hit 50 lvl.

If you get used to play with only 2-3 buttons then it will be much harder for you to be an effective raider or good PvPer once you hit max lvl.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Default Levels Seven thru Ten

this is merely an example of how to do things. I make no claim it is the best. Am hoping it will give insight more than anything else.

Level Seven:

One point in Burning Fury. Right here there are several you can put them in, so I don't think you have to do it exactly this way if you don't want to.

Level Eight:

One point in Burning Fury. This gives you Countdown. Add it to your starter macro and add alert to karuul. On the #show line, you can put any spell. I typically like to used something that has my max range so I know when I am there. I would probably also change it to Flame Bolt or Countdown to show the CD status (if not using Karuul).

Macro:
    #show Withering Vine
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Radiant Spores
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Countdown
    cast Withering Vine
    cast break free
    startattack

Karuulalert:
    KA::AfQP6eNqdkt1qwjAUgF/FJ3D5aZOUXMWmgd3swrl5I0i0mQvURNroKOzhl2bIdGgZ4xA4O b/f4ZylDe+mtW43ebXOcMgX/NDo3rTToNudCcmioiyvAwWFMkMyq0iRi6qgioMYOgSCKHP7Frj UQT+sXh5XNpj92m6961axtgt4M63rjkOIc844zLL0cMznZfW0q OaDBlMhDGL7xdlMhx9JPdRn6Y8u1P7DXUBzlBAU/3EKSHOGCoJnAqpSyXxIvompN7axoT+T9q3fNroLPUq0DENe3Ic dZARWNXpvJjPfhFu
    0F15BJCspKPMKQYwYkn/ENc60u35j9B4mXEIZp/dwQVrWCO5c1zYuavJ88K3pRq7iV6DISoaJEoRCJOMEaOQqrvlr c/LHsI76yW6D9W4NvgcpWBwB/PdKvgDShtuB

Level 9:
    One point in Pyro\Improved Combustion. One point in Chloro\Natural Awareness.

Level 10:

One Point in Improved Combustion
    Beware the Penguin...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Geopenguin View Post
    this is merely an example of how to do things. I make no claim it is the best. Am hoping it will give insight more than anything else.

Level Seven:

One point in Burning Fury. Right here there are several you can put them in, so I don't think you have to do it exactly this way if you don't want to.

Level Eight:

One point in Burning Fury. This gives you Countdown. Add it to your starter macro and add alert to karuul. On the #show line, you can put any spell. I typically like to used something that has my max range so I know when I am there. I would probably also change it to Flame Bolt or Countdown to show the CD status (if not using Karuul).

Macro:
    #show Withering Vine
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Radiant Spores
    cast Flame Bolt
    cast Countdown
    cast Withering Vine
    cast break free
    startattack

Karuulalert:
    KA::AfQP6eNqdkt1qwjAUgF/FJ3D5aZOUXMWmgd3swrl5I0i0mQvURNroKOzhl2bIdGgZ4xA4O b/f4ZylDe+mtW43ebXOcMgX/NDo3rTToNudCcmioiyvAwWFMkMyq0iRi6qgioMYOgSCKHP7Frj UQT+sXh5XNpj92m6961axtgt4M63rjkOIc844zLL0cMznZfW0q OaDBlMhDGL7xdlMhx9JPdRn6Y8u1P7DXUBzlBAU/3EKSHOGCoJnAqpSyXxIvompN7axoT+T9q3fNroLPUq0DENe3Ic dZARWNXpvJjPfhFu
    0F15BJCspKPMKQYwYkn/ENc60u35j9B4mXEIZp/dwQVrWCO5c1zYuavJ88K3pRq7iV6DISoaJEoRCJOMEaOQqrvlr c/LHsI76yW6D9W4NvgcpWBwB/PdKvgDShtuB

Level 9:
    One point in Pyro\Improved Combustion. One point in Chloro\Natural Awareness.

Level 10:

One Point in Improved Combustion
    Thanks a lot, I will have does macro in mind but for now i am going to do it manually just to learn my abilities and then macrao it. I got a problem with Karuulalert.. it gives me the cooldown on the upperleft of the screen, it does not move and i would love it to be in my action bar ability the cooldown.

Ascendant

You move karuul's alert by typing /kalert and then "Edit Layout" from memory.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

+ Reply to Thread