+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leveling in a group. What specc?

Shadowlander

Default Leveling in a group. What specc?

Hello everybody I have returned after a rather long stay away from RIFT but due to being bored with most other games and being offered a free expansion I thought I would try.

I will be leveling with a warrior and a bard so the healing and sustain shouldn't really be an issue. However this makes me confused about which specc I should chose to level with.

Is there anyone who can provide me with a good leveling specc for in a group of 3? I could only seem to find solo speccs like the harbringer but that doesn't seem very well in a group.

Also if someone could explain that planar thing under "U" that would be great but to start with I would really just love a leveling specc. I hope someone can help and thanks in advance

Plane Walker

You could play Archon if you want to support your group with buffs and debuffs, or just pick any DPS soul that looks fun. With a bard support plus a warrior you can make anything work.

Also learn chloromancer, to heal the warrior tanking, and you have a perfect core for dungeon runs, the queue will be instant when you join with healer and tank.

The U menu is for Planar Attunement which is a secondary XP bar, you start earning it at level 50 but it's its own track from your leveling XP and you will keep earning it past level 60... it gives you a few buffs and cooldowns here and there, mostly related to opening & closing rifts and using the planar charges from rifts.
    Mantissa@Greybriar 7/8 raid tiers cleared <Rekt>

Ascendant

If the three of you plan on sticking to the overworld while leveling, look into Stormcaller. Your warrior buddy can grab a bunch of mobs and you can AoE them all down while your bard keeps you both up.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Shadowlander

Im thinking im just gonna go full damage so we can kill stuff even faster since with a bard the healing is not really neccesary I would expect.

Stormcaller was actually one of the speccs I was toying around with yesterday since it looked like it had a lot of aoe but also some very decent single target damage. Could you please tell me which secondary soul(s) would be nice to pick up along the Stormcaller for pure damage output?

And Chloromancer will definitely be the speccs that I will play once I hit max level since that was my primary specc when I quit and I simply love the full damage to heal with a few emergency heals to heal the group normally.

And regarding the planar attunement I found it a bit weird that the warrior and myself started with 14 points but our Bard friend with 57-ish. :<

Anyways thanks for the quick answers, I hope you could perhaps give me a decent 51/x/x specc for stormcaller (even though it shouldnt be too difficult to put the points in stormcaller, im more confused about the secondary but I will probably just pick up some damage/crit/etc.)

Ascendant

Your secondary souls can be Archon, Dominator or Harbinger. Archon provides increased damage, crit and passive mana recover. Dominator offers the most AoE damage per point, extended range and mana pool. Harbinger offers movement speed and additional spellpower.

If you want some passive healing, you can go 8 in Chloro for increased damage and an instant-cast Bloom. With Lifegiving Veil on, your forked lightning will proc a bunch of tiny heals that can help with sustainability.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Champion

I would make one harbinger/chloro spec, were you will be keeping them up with the lifegivingveil and 16 point in the chloro. This will make decent amount of damage and heal a bit at the same time.
    I would also make a heal role with pure chloro so that you can change to this in demanding situations were you heal the warrior and the rogue when they do damage.

If one of you also make a tank, you can pretty much get instant dungeons with your group. You have heal and tank and support already.

I would agree with the above poster.

The Harb/Chloro spec is an amazing support spec while leveling. You still do well above average DPS, and your heals will allow your 3 man group to do pretty much any 5 man dungeon up until you guys get into the Storm Legion content, even then once you get some decent gear you should be able to 3 man the normal modes.

Have your warrior spec into a self healing durable tank, such as Reaver, have your Bard go full support/heals, and you can be kinda the backbone of the group, DPSing and healing via Lifegiving Veil, and burst spot heals with Bloom.

Its a fun spec with a lot of survivability and healing utility. Eventually if you find your group is getting smacked around, switch your build in favor of Chloromancer, with sub-points into Harbringer to be more of a healer.

I have not done it, nor seen it done, but I have heard from people saying that they have healed Expert dungeons and some raids as a Harb/Chloro. Though I am sure they favored Chloro in their builds as well.

EDIT: Whoops, bit of a necro post, my bad!
    Last edited by Dademore; 05-24-2013 at 08:16 AM.

+ Reply to Thread