+ Reply to Thread

Thread: So what am I aiming for? (Pyro/stats etc)

Default So what am I aiming for? (Pyro/stats etc)

Ok, this is sort of a vague post, but I'm trying to add up a few things. Self buffed now, I'm at 4930sp/704cp. I haven't done "all" the research possible, so I'm hopin I can get it here. Plastering my face on the dummy, with no consumeables(except powerstone, which is included in those stats I mentioned), my best 4 min parse was 13.7k. As far as I could tell, it had comparable ability %'s, and decent rng. I have somewhat a different opener than some of the top-end mages are using, but that's not why I'm here today lol.....

Up to this moment I've been trying to basically kidnap crit power. Is there a point, where crit power isn't as important as spell power, or anything else? Is there a certain amount I'm reaching for before I hit a break point? It's my understanding that crit power runs the pyro spec, so I've been trying my best to hoard it.

So if these stat/numbers for crit power have been discussed time n time again, I apologize. I'm just now getting to the point where I need to strategically place things bc I'm close to being in the gear I need to be.

Thank you in advance
    Formerly Manwitch.... 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 3/4 GA

Ascendant

We can't yet hit the cap for CP, soft or hard. Neither can we hit the crit cap.

So each piece should be compared individually using stat weights for your current gear, and a gear list.

As an example, for cloak's, I take Crucia's cloak with Crit chance on it over Regulos' cloak (which has SP). That's because for me, the combined stats on the Cruica cloak is better than the Reggie one. I don't care how much SP or SC or CP I already have... just look at each individually.

My stat weights spreadsheet is still current if you want to use that, although unfortunately I haven't updated it with a new pyro parse. But you sound reasonably clever so you should be able to figure it out
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

You should be taking whatever gives the highest average throughput gain.
    A pretty close stat weighting for DPS specs is along the lines of:
    SP = 1
    SC = 0.3-0.35
    CP = 0.8-0.85

While SC is the weakest individual stat, items like Robe of the Frozen Eclipse are BiS because of the absurd amount of SC they have.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 05-19-2013 at 02:52 AM.
    Nope.

Upon redoing my calcs it seems I was undervaluing CP (although it hasn't affected an gear choices.) I suggest using Archy's math and determining for yourself.
    Nope.

Awesome. Ty.

Was wondering about any cp cap
    Formerly Manwitch.... 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 3/4 GA

Plane Walker

Crit power cap is however much it takes to get +50% on the stat tooltip - crits at 200% of a hit - but we won't see that until later gear tiers if ever.
    Mantissa@Greybriar 7/8 raid tiers cleared <Rekt>

+ Reply to Thread