+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Glamour

Thread: Question about mage pets.

Telaran

Default Question about mage pets.

so im returning to the game after i think 2 years, (quit shortly after launch) and i was looking at the Harb which seems really cool and i want to try it, after reading some posts it seems like harb/chloro is the best combo which i can definetly see. my question is would if be a good idea to take necro or elem for the pet? or are they pretty useless?

Harb/chloro doesn't use pets... for the Necrolist build use the Necromancer pets, for a full Necro build use the Necromancer pets, for a full Elem build use the Elem pets.

Telaran

but would it be back to go Harb/chloro/necro and not just any points into necro just use the pet or is that more of a hinderence over another soul

Ascendant

If you're levelling and below level 30 ? ish where the pets level with you sure you can go ahead and use the 0 point pet, it can only help

once the pet stops levelling with you it is not really worth it anymore, they are kinda useless on mobs that outlevel them a lot

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Glamour View Post
    If you're levelling and below level 30 ? ish where the pets level with you sure you can go ahead and use the 0 point pet, it can only help

once the pet stops levelling with you it is not really worth it anymore, they are kinda useless on mobs that outlevel them a lot
    To elaborate on this a bit. Early in the necro/ele trees you gain access to pets that level along with you. These pets cap at level 30 or so. Deeper into both the necro and ele trees there are greater pets available that level up to max level at 60.

Once you get past level 35 or so the low level pets are useless. So you'd want to either abandon the necro subsoul or go deeper into the necro subsoul in order to get a greater pet that's useful at higher levels. You'd be in mostly uncharted waters at that point though. Maybe that type of a soul combination creates a decent solo spec, maybe it creates a terrible one. You can experiment with such a build, just know that it'll be experimenting. The build other people have experimented with and written guides for primarily put points into chloro and harb.

Harb/Chloro is so good for doing damage and self-healing that you don't really need a pet for tanking. If you're interested in pet souls though, you can go Necromancer or Elementalist while leveling- I've done both and they were loads of fun.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

+ Reply to Thread