+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Muspel

Thread: Help me pick a main soul<3

Soulwalker

Default Help me pick a main soul<3

Hey guys.

Really stuck between Archon, Chloro, Stormcaller..

I am a pvp hardcore and thats my main interest, could you just enlighten me on each of those in a pvp scenerio <3

many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Harrry View Post
    Hey guys.

I am a pvp hardcore and thats my main interest, could you just enlighten me on each of those in a pvp scenerio <3

many thanks
    58 pryo
    18 dom
    0 archon
    dom cyrstal

good amount of CC
    very good burst
    good movement

let the winning begin !

Soulwalker

As much as i would love to just go pyro like the other 75% i have seen, i hate mage fire type classes, send me to sleep, do you have any info on the ones i listed?

As much as i would love to just go pyro like the other 75% i have seen, i hate mage fire type classes, send me to sleep, do you have any info on the ones i listed?
    You have six role slots. Play all of them.

Plane Walker

I will save you some time: don't use stormcaller right now, it's a trap. its offense takes a while to build up and the buildup can be cleansed. its defense is based on range and kiting, but everyone attacking you is either ranged or will teleport to you anyway.

Archon and chloro are both great team support souls though, learn them both i'd say.
    Mantissa@Greybriar 7/8 raid tiers cleared <Rekt>

Ascendant

Hey guys.

many thanks
    Archon: never PvPed with Archon, so can't help you there.

Chloro: useful healer with a variety of play styles. Best used with sentinel buddies: use LGV for AoE healing and use your cooldowns/RS/entropic veil at every opportunity, and don't hesitate to slap synthesis on cleric healers when they start taking sustained focus fire.

Stormcaller: My main soul when I played mostly PvE a year ago. Utter rubbish at PvP, sadly. AoE damage is not enough to justify the SCs presence on the battlefield, and everyone with half a brain will dance out of range before you can get your (mediocre) finishers off.

Stormcallers are designed for large mobs neatly clustered around a stationary tank. Rarely will you meet the conditions necessary for Stormcallers to shine in PvP.

There's quite a few viable builds, but none of the ones you listed, unless you want to heal, and I don't recommend chloro play in Warfronts until you learn how to keep yourself alive so you can avoid just spamming natural healing on yourself while letting your teammates die. Find a high dps Warrior, synth him and VL > VL > VL > VL > VL > VL > VL etc

For DPS you have 61 Pyro, which is the best single target burst, and best overall mage spec right now for dealing damage and killing. 61/58 Necromancer is very good too, and just as viable but plays differently by applying pressure damage and annoying healers. 61 Harb is decent damage, low survivability unless EA is up. Good if you know melee positioning but plays like a weaker NB/RS

Then there's Dom which is probably the most effective pvp spec in the game, but also the hardest to play. Dom is the only spec that can often win you games regardless of bad teammates if you use it well.

Anyway, everything else sucks

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Soulwalker

Hey guys.

many thanks
    this is the bad part of the game you can look wherever you want you will enver find the information you want about the build you want

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    For DPS you have 61 Pyro, which is the best single target burst, and best overall mage spec right now for dealing damage and killing.
    I'm leveling as Harb/Chloro/Ele and find it very effective for questing. Now that I'm getting higher level though, DPS does seem a bit low. Maybe it's just gear, or I need more points in Harb still, but what level would you recommend switching to Pyro? I don't want to lose too much survivability, but I like the Pyro concept and would switch if its really more DPS. I'm just no sure if you need a certain level for critical talents that make the spec viable or not.

+ Reply to Thread