+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: PvP: 54 Pyro/ 22 Dom vs. 41 Pyro / 22 Dom / 8 Chloro

Shadowlander

Default PvP: 54 Pyro/ 22 Dom vs. 41 Pyro / 22 Dom / 8 Chloro

Hello,

my mage is currently lvl 55 and i have a lot of fun playing him in pvp. but i cant decide what specc to play at 60. i cant test the 54 pyro build cause im to low lvl. so here are the 2 speccs:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#i...A8/dTUG1kw/F8k (last 5 points are open)

and

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#iGlaaaB8Fh0/dTUG1kw/ (3rd soul open)

the first specc hasnt got fulminate and the prime + fusillade combo but it has an instant heal on a 6 sec cooldown. right now its quite strong but i wonder if its on 60 still strong?
    the second specc is pure dmg with fulminate and prime + fusillade combo but i dont what soul i should take as the 3rd....
    the 22 points in dom in both speccs are for massive storm shackle dmg. the dmg at my lvl of this thing is actually insane it the same dmg as firebolt but instant and 3 times and with a root before. thats really good.

so what you think which specc is better? does the instant heal matter? what soul as the 3rd.?

thanks alot ;)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by dronix11 View Post
    Hello,

my mage is currently lvl 55 and i have a lot of fun playing him in pvp. but i cant decide what specc to play at 60. i cant test the 54 pyro build cause im to low lvl. so here are the 2 speccs:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#i...A8/dTUG1kw/F8k (last 5 points are open)

and

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#iGlaaaB8Fh0/dTUG1kw/ (3rd soul open)

the first specc hasnt got fulminate and the prime + fusillade combo but it has an instant heal on a 6 sec cooldown. right now its quite strong but i wonder if its on 60 still strong?
    the second specc is pure dmg with fulminate and prime + fusillade combo but i dont what soul i should take as the 3rd....
    the 22 points in dom in both speccs are for massive storm shackle dmg. the dmg at my lvl of this thing is actually insane it the same dmg as firebolt but instant and 3 times and with a root before. thats really good.

so what you think which specc is better? does the instant heal matter? what soul as the 3rd.?

thanks alot ;)
    The instant heal will help far less than you would think. Flicker will do more to keep you alive, along with good placement and the ability to kite.

As a Chloro healer, I hate seeing pyro/chloro hybrids of any kind. Buffing yourself with Lifegiving Veil just prevents my superior LGV procs from healing you, and stops me from placing Synthesis on you. Do yourself a favor and drop the veil.

There's no point in squirrel cast time buffing yourself now with Extinguish on a 20 second cooldown, you'll be doing less dps.

your point spread in the second build is way off the mark, if you're going to use a spec like this, quick thinking is useless, and why 4/5 mental fortitude, and 2/3 clinging form? You're taking instant squirrel but no +SP boost and cast time? What exactly are you trying to accomplish with this spec?

The first one is just bad so I won't comment on it.

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#iGlliFlkyGy/dgkA/

^ If you want Dom stuff with Pyro

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Shadowlander

i want at least 22 in dom for the improved storm shackle just cause i like it.

so and now im gonna explain you my build:

i have 2/3 in clinging form cause i dont need 3/3. but the short cooldown on my transmogrify is kinda cool. eventually i go 1/3. Mental fortitude only 4/5 cause i dont have enough points. acumen is better i think and i only have 22 to spent...

this is my specc i wanna play. 61 pyro is just soooo different playstyle cause its just a dps build with a little bit of support.
    61 pyro / dom and 54 pyro 22 dom is waaaay different. im gonna test them both i dont know how good storm shackle is in higher levels but right now its op burst dmg.

Shadowlander

and actually i dont see the point of extinguish.

i have so many instant casts that are mor eimportant then a firebolt in my opinion.

flamebolt, flamebolt procc, cinderburst procc, inferno procc, transference, thunderblast, fulminate, prime, a very short cast fussilade, and flame volley.

also instant that i have to use often:

burn, backdraft, flashfire, transmogrify, reflective command, priests lament, burning shield.

so wheres my window when i have the time to use instant firebolts?^^

and actually i dont see the point of extinguish.
    Seriously, lolwat?

Extinguish is a winner. Maybe not taking aegis into consideration?
    Formerly Manwitch.... 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 3/4 GA

Shadowlander

Ok so i tested Extinguish and yeah i was wrong its quite amazing. But i dont like the 61 pyro ability for me personally the other mage armor is better cuz of the higher procc chance.

so now i have many different ways for the other 2 souls that im gonna list here:

0 Harb / 18 Dom (favourite)
    0 Harb / 18 Arc
    7 Harb / 11 Dom (favourite)
    7 Harb / 11 Arc
    16 Harb / 2 Arc (favourite)
    16 Dom / 2 Arc (favourite)
    8 Chloro / 10 Arc
    8 Chloro / 10 Dom
    8 Chloro / 10 Harb

What is the best combination? Its maaany stuff to test wanna hear your opinion before i test everythging..
    Last edited by dronix11; 05-17-2013 at 04:15 AM.

Plane Touched

By not going 61 pyro, you gimp the hell out of extinguish anyway. One of the reasons extinguish is so good, is because of the double fireball procs from aegis. I'm not really sure why you are posting your builds anyway. If it's for advice, you are kinda ignoring what most people are saying, and if it's for approval, you probably aren't going to get it. Anyway, it doesn't really matter. Just play what you like and have fun.
    World first Intrepid Drowned Halls!! WINING 4/4 2/3 2/5

Ok so i tested Extinguish and yeah i was wrong its quite amazing. But i dont like the 61 pyro ability for me personally the other mage armor is better cuz of the higher procc chance.
    It's an extra 15% chance every 10 seconds vs an extra fireball every 3 seconds. Every extinguish is 6 insta cast fireballs with aegis.

You don't get cinber burst procs often enough to offset the extra fireball every 3 seconds.

Shadowlander

ok so what specc do i use now?

61 pyro / 16 dom / 2 arc
    61 pyro / 18 dom / 0 harb
    61 pyro / 16 harb / 2 arc

are my favourites but dont know if they good

Shadowlander

nevermind the 3 speccs all have 3 points more than i can spent =D

so what is the best specc with 61 pyro? 15 dom? 8 dom / 7 harb? 7 dom 8 chloro?
    i dont know

It's all preference in my opinion.... I don't pvp much, so I don't have too much pvp gear. That said, I like to keep bad guys away from me.

Flowing Sand is Z-Best (Archon tree)

Simply bc, normally if they get their dirty little hands on me, I'm rockin a bath-robe.
    Last edited by merder; 05-17-2013 at 08:53 AM.

I'd like to point out that 2 critting fireballs hit just about as hard as a critting Cinderburst.

Shadowlander

WOW this specc is actually INSANE.

i can cc i can survive and i can do so much dmg with 1 BUTTON.

yes. this specc needs only 1 button to do dmg. i made a macro and i actually do more dmg with this one macro than with 2 3 or 4 macros. im only spamming this macro:

#show cinder burst
    cast cinder burst
    cast inferno
    cast fulminate
    cast countdown
    cast flame bolt
    cast extinguish
    cast fireball
    cast thunder blast
    cast neural prod

so yeah this is it these are all your damaging abilitys in the right priority so you can spam this macro and do max dmg.
    that is redicoulus. really.
    the only buttons you need are:
    -flame rupture/firestorm macro
    -flame volley
    -fussilade//prime macro
    -and all your ccs.

thats it. i mean how can trion allow to spam 1 macro and do the same or even more dmg than a player who does everything manual? or not everything just a few macros?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast