+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Harbinger Support?

Default Harbinger Support?

I've been leveling a Harbinger/Chloro/Pyro and having an absolute blast. Something about instant fireballs feels sooo awesome

But my question is a simple one: is it possible to actually fulfil the support role using harbinger and do it effectively? Maybe harb/archon or chloro? I've never done support in instances and am keen to try it, especially if I can use harb for it.

Cheers
    Uitoqora

Yes you can. Support is usually to make raid healing easier for the healer that has to focus on mt-healing.
    But the spec you should run to support is not 61harb/15 chloro but 44harb/32 chloro. You'll have essence surge + one battle rez (for the healer xD ) And you'll throw natural furry/natures's touch in addition du fireball on proc that will make you more effective in aoe situation and also maintain the 5sec 25% int buff that compensate the loss of the gifts from harb.

You'll enjoy it even more I think !
    Last edited by Lanfeara; 05-14-2013 at 02:19 AM.
    Lanfeara@Brisesol

Quote Originally Posted by Uitoqora View Post
    I've been leveling a Harbinger/Chloro/Pyro and having an absolute blast. Something about instant fireballs feels sooo awesome

But my question is a simple one: is it possible to actually fulfil the support role using harbinger and do it effectively? Maybe harb/archon or chloro? I've never done support in instances and am keen to try it, especially if I can use harb for it.

Cheers
    Uitoqora
    One i used to use was 44Chloro/32Harb

Better healing overall, as well as picking up LE if the healer was a cleric for e.g.
    Defendor :: Mage :: Greybriar
    :: Trinity ::

Short answer is no harb support isn't really used.

In a raid setting guilds tend to only use archon, archon/pyro, or archon/dom for support.
    In dungeons no one uses support anymore and you will probably get people complaining your not really contributing.

I'm sure there are situational cases where it may work but its not a main spec you can use all the time in groups. It makes a good solo spec though.
    Last edited by IonCannon; 05-14-2013 at 02:43 AM.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

In 5mans you can easily run something like 54/22 harb/chloro (thats my solo spec), 44/32 pulls enough dps for dungeons aswell. You can even go 61harb/15 chloro. You don't use them in raid settings anymore tho, maybe for giggles, if your raid composition can afford that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanfeara View Post
    ... And you'll throw natural furry/natures's touch in addition ...
    Oh that natural furry

Sorry, couldn't resist
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

61/15 is fine for support healing on 5 man content. Run LGV, if the healer is a cleric, keep withering vine and radiant spores on the target. Use eldritch procs to cast vile spores(or maybe not, not sure how this works with the whole cast time based healing, a higher damage harbringer life attack may be better, leaving eldritch procs for fireball or something), and Bloom for spot heals. My build also has Synthesis for duo fun with my SO. Makes a fantastic open world/questing spec, too.

Champion

If you really intend it as support I'd go enough into chloro for flourish, that's a pretty good skill. Though at that point it's tempting to just throw a few more points into chloro for wild growth/resurgence.

The 44/32 is nice but it's practically a healer in it's own right. It's overkill unless you're with a brand new healer and tank in dungeons. It may prevent an occasional wipe if things go terribly wrong but not often enough to make it worth it in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post
    Oh that natural furry

Sorry, couldn't resist
    Lol. My game is in french so I don't know that it was nature's furry* !

If I recommand 44/32 it's because the dps is not that bad (in fact I'm often in the top 5 of an event boss : around 12k, with 1k5 hps with this spec) and it's my solo spec.
    Lanfeara@Brisesol

+ Reply to Thread