+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dominator desires

Default Dominator desires

These are things I feel dominator could really use. The main reason for some of the things is to authenticate its support role a little bit more. Currently each class that can que support (not including pure healing roles or hybrid healing roles) can either heal somewhat for 5 mans (bard, beastmaster, druid) or prevent a large portion of damage from even occuring (archon) while providing various buffs.

Currently dom can Que as support in expert dungeons but can really only provide support in terms of trash pulls via stuns, squirrels, and mostly AOE damage. On bosses the only real form of support comes as interrupts or reflects...but it all completely depends on the boss as some bosses require no interrupts or reflects, however the support from the other classes is usefull on pretty much every boss.

I would really like to see the old school Ineptitude I believe is what it was called brought back for dominator. This is really more for the new player in mind, that may have picked dom as their support role they want to learn and really give them some more abilities to do just that in a dungeon when the healers need an extra umph because they are new too. Also maybe increase the radius of it as well. I believe this skill splashed out heals everytime the opponent used an ability (which could be changed to any attack as most dom skills are in pve currently).

I believe the skill had a 15 second CD and lasted 15 seconds. It has been so long since I used it so I dont remember but this skill really plays into the dominator style for punishing enemies for acting unless its cleansed off. In pve it'd really help the dom support healers during boss fights depending on how the skill is designed to react.

Anyway thats my rant. I miss ineptitude.

Lastly, unrelated I think It'd be best if Nyxes orb could be cast at a target, or just a max distance line in front of the mage rather than a ground AOE, making it similar to torrents, and also not have a GCD to make it the dominator AOE spam (its a high level skill, it should definitely be felt as a good investment).

Also I think memory wipe should be put back in. Its an excellent thing to pop when a million mobs get unglued from the tank after casting mass betrayal lol.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 05-09-2013 at 08:20 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    Lastly, unrelated I think It'd be best if Nyxes orb could be cast at a target, or just a max distance line in front of the mage rather than a ground AOE, making it similar to torrents, and also not have a GCD to make it the dominator AOE spam (its a high level skill, it should definitely be felt as a good investment).
    I didn't mean GCD for Nyxes orb, I meant CD.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 05-09-2013 at 08:33 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread