+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Domi subsoul comparison/math

Default Domi subsoul comparison/math

Anyone done the math to see whether it's better to go 15 SC, 10 SC / 5 Harb, 10 SC / 5 Arch, or 11 SC / 4 Arch for subsouls in 61 Domi?

15 SC (3/3 Scattered Bolts, 2/2 Lightning Rod, 5/5 High Voltage, 3/3 Charged Atmosphere, and 2 "wasted" points) gives the following:
    +15% AoE damage (gift)
    +7.5% all damage (gift)
    +10% AoE damage (Charged Atmosphere)
    +5% all damage (High Voltage)
    No pushback on AoE (Lightning Rod) - only affects Gravity Void, Nyx's Orb, and Forked Lightning?
    2 "wasted" points could be spent on Icy Vortex and Ride the Wind or possibly 2/3 in Storm Shard
    0 Arch would give Searing Vitality, 0 Harb would give Lightning Blade
    Static Flux (only air/water)

10 SC / 5 Harb (3/3 Scattered Bolts, 4/5 High Voltage, 3/3 Charged Atmosphere / 5/5 Eldritch Knowledge) gives the following:
    +10% AoE damage (gift)
    +5% all damage (gift) SC
    +5% all damage (gift) Harb
    +4% all damage (High Voltage)
    +10% SP (Eldritch Knowledge)
    Lightning Blade
    Static Flux (only air/water)

10 SC / 5 Arch (3/3 Scattered Bolts, 4/5 High Voltage, 3/3 Charged Atmosphere / 5/5 Soul Fire) gives the following:
    +10% AoE damage (gift)
    +5% all damage (gift) SC
    +5% all damage (gift) Arch
    +4% all damage (High Voltage)
    +5% all damage (Soul Fire)
    Power Drain
    Searing Vitality

11 SC / 4 Arch (3/3 Scattered Bolts, 5/5 High Voltage, 3/3 Charged Atmosphere / 4/5 Soul Fire) gives the following:
    +11% AoE damage (gift)
    +5.5% all damage (gift) SC
    +4% all damage (gift) Arch
    +5% all damage (High Voltage)
    +4% all damage (Soul Fire)
    Power Drain
    Searing Vitality

Last, and most likely least but I'll add it just for the sake of comparison would be going 4 or 5 Elementalist to pick up extra crit chance. I'm not going to bother detailing it but keep it in mind as a minute possibility.

For totals, I'm going to assume it's all additive so please correct me if I'm wrong.

15 SC:
    +37.5% AoE damage
    +12.5% ST damage

10 SC / 5 Harb:
    +34% AoE damage
    +14% ST damage
    +10% SP

10 SC / 5 Arch:
    +39% AoE damage
    +19% ST damage

11 SC / 4 Arch:
    +39.5% AoE damage
    +18.5% ST damage

Just at a glance I would think 11 SC / 4 Arch would be the winner but that really depends on how much benefit 10% SP turns out to be. You also need to take into account that the >4 Arch variants can use Power Drain whereas the other two specs only have Static Flux which doesn't affect anywhere near as many abilities.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

Based on passives 5 Harb is going to be your best bet
    Nope.

10 SC/5 Harb is the best by far. The only other thing I would recommend is 8 SC/7 Harb for the passive runspeed.

Edit: herp
    Last edited by Scourge; 05-09-2013 at 09:02 AM.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

I'm interested in the math for 61 Pyro sub souls for pvp purposes

10 Archon, 5 Harb
    5% Spellpower
    20% damage

8 Ele, 7 Harb
    5% base crit
    11% damage
    4% Resistance pierce (not sure how this stacks up to straight +%damage)
    5% Spellpower

10 Dom, 5 Harb
    10% Intelligence (This becomes much more powerful depending on your gear, and PA's?)
    10% damage
    5% Spellpower

Anyone care to tackle these?
    Last edited by lol r u mad; 05-09-2013 at 09:17 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/Screamoaktown - Live streaming 5v5's
    Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Quote Originally Posted by lol r u mad View Post
    I'm interested in the math for 61 Pyro sub souls for pvp purposes

10 Archon, 5 Harb
    5% Spellpower
    20% damage

8 Ele, 7 Harb
    5% base crit
    11% damage
    4% Resistance pierce (not sure how this stacks up to straight +%damage)
    5% Spellpower

10 Dom, 5 Harb
    10% Intelligence (This becomes much more powerful depending on your gear, and PA's?)
    10% damage
    5% Spellpower

Anyone care to tackle these?
    I know it's just a typo and that you are aware of it, but Harb gives 10% SP, not 5%

I beat on my cleric friend for quite some time a while ago (we are both full freelancer gear, so the results may vary for warlord gear, but I don't suspect by much), and the results are pretty much what you would expect. 10 Arc/5 Harb gives the best overall damage, just like in PvE. I didn't try the Ele variant because the root talents you gain are crap and not worth it compared to Dom, imo.

I personally run 8 Dom/7 Harb. 35 Range and 8% runspeed is great utility in PvP, especially for only a minimal damage decrease (~5%) compared to Arc/Harb. Reflective Command, Thunder Blast, and Charged Shield are pretty nifty, too.

I have no idea what the damage difference is for 11 SC/4 Harb-Dom, if you're even interested in that spec.
    Last edited by Scourge; 05-09-2013 at 10:07 AM.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    I know it's just a typo and that you are aware of it, but Harb gives 10% SP, not 5%

I beat on my cleric friend for quite some time a while ago (we are both full freelancer gear, so the results may vary for warlord gear, but I don't suspect by much), and the results are pretty much what you would expect. 10 Arc/5 Harb gives the best overall damage, just like in PvE. I didn't try the Ele variant because the root talents you gain are crap and not worth it compared to Dom, imo.

I personally run 8 Dom/7 Harb. 35 Range and 8% runspeed is great utility in PvP, especially for only a minimal damage decrease (~5%) compared to Arc/Harb. Reflective Command, Thunder Blast, and Charged Shield are pretty nifty, too.

I have no idea what the damage difference is for 11 SC/4 Harb-Dom, if you're even interested in that spec.
    Derp, ya I meant 10% sp

Main reason I'm interested in the ele build is base crit is hard to come by in pvp, and ignite is a very powerful filler ability for pyro with how aegis works now. Also resistance pierce seems to even up the damage alot when I use the spec, as I don't notice a difference between this spec and the archon one.

Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    10 SC/5 Harb is the best by far. The only other thing I would recommend is 8 SC/7 Harb for the passive runspeed.
    I wouldn't say by far...
    I don't have a Dom spec, but using (possibly incorrectly) my numbers for 61 Lock to determine a rough average damage figure, I get the following:

Average Damage

+10% SP
    15553 (or about 5% extra damage)

Putting the two quite close to each other
    10 SC / 5 Harb:
    +40% AoE damage
    +19% ST damage

11 SC / 4 Arch:
    +39.5% AoE damage
    +18.5% ST damage

However, Lightning Blade and Static Flux do make the Harb variant stretch ahead.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Ascendant

Derp, ya I meant 10% sp
    Main reason I'm interested in the ele build is base crit is hard to come by in pvp, and ignite is a very powerful filler ability for pyro with how aegis works now. Also resistance pierce seems to even up the damage alot when I use the spec, as I don't notice a difference between this spec and the archon one.
    If you give me your stats in pvp gear for say just 61,0,0 I can probably do this. I don't pvp much myself so don't have the gear to work with.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Static Flux doesn't do a whole lot. Power Drain, on the other hand, is 10% additional damage for your major CDs if you burn it quickly. I'll try to remember to post some numbers tomorrow for you to work with, Archy.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

I prefer 11 SC / 4 Arch, but I find that I never use Power Drain or Static Flux. Arresting and Reflective Presence are much more useful uses of charge, plus Lightning Wall. I use dominator in PvP mostly though, so I don't know how useful Arresting and Reflective Presence are in PvE. The archon skills are mildly useful too. Nothing great but they're more useful than the harbinger skills. I'm not going to be slashing but I do use Ashen Defense and Searing Vitality, and I guess if I ever feel it's useful I have Power Drain.

Again though, I use dominator in PvP. It's a whole different set of priorities.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post
    Last, and most likely least but I'll add it just for the sake of comparison would be going 4 or 5 Elementalist to pick up extra crit chance. I'm not going to bother detailing it but keep it in mind as a minute possibility.
    Just on this... 5% Crit Chance gives about 3% extra damage, at least with my gear levels.
    And the elementalist is only 0.5% damage per point spent (gift) as opposed to Archon's full 1% so you're losing out there as well.

Your PM's are full Archy!

So in 61/0/0 Pyro my stats, completely unbuffed in almost all Warlod gear are:

sp - 3449
    sc - 1813
    cp - 67

I'm mainly curious about the damage difference between the 10 archon/5 harb vs 5 harb/10 Dom, specifically 10% Intelligence vs 10% extra damage. Thanks for any help

Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Ascendant

Your PM's are full Archy!
    Ah thanks! Didn't realise there was a limit.
    I know it shouldn't account for much, but do you have your Int and Wis stats too?

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    Ah thanks! Didn't realise there was a limit.
    I know it shouldn't account for much, but do you have your Int and Wis stats too?
    int - 1391
    wis - 891

Skreamo@Greybriar
    <Wasted Talent>

Ascendant

Assuming no raid Buffs at all.
    Brightsurge Vial and Luminous Stone on

61 Pyro, 10 Archon, 5 Harb
    Assuming 5x pillaging stone
    Average Damage of all spells: 9502

Without pillaging: 9391

61 Pyro, 10 Dom, 5 Harb
    Assuming Dom is 5 mental fortitude, 5 acumen
    Average Damage of all spells: 9179

The more Int you have, the better Dom gets. i.e. if you had 2000 Int, the Dom spec would be 9255 average damage. But I know you're pretty much full warlord and getting any more Int is nigh on impossible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast