+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Chloro ./. Archive of Flesh (exp)

Champion

Default Chloro ./. Archive of Flesh (exp)

After the last patch I notice, that the changes in AoF make a heal-role for Chloros there now useless. The chloro has not enough instant heals to keep the 5 men alive, when he needs to move around all the time.
    Ok, before the patch it was using a glitch, when all used safespots. But filling whole rooms with more or less deadly AoE to force all to move all the time is not the environment a chloro needs. So here the chloro is useless as full-healer, if the supporter is a chloro too. Or at the Big Crab: Movement all the time in the worst case.

So the LFG should be changed: Not only roles, but also classes have to be sorted.

Or give the chloro - like the pyro - one big channel heal with move-ability.

At the moment groups give up in the moment they enter AoF and many chloros I know do not want to heal in this dungeon anymore...
    Melandra @ Entity @ Zaviel
    A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    - Lady Windermere's Fan [Oscar Wilde] -

Rift Disciple

I've not had any problems healing AoF since the update; especially so on the crab.

While I will agree that the boss with the ground AoEs is a little RNG-ish and needs tuned down for the average pug, I do not agree that chloros are incapable.

You are incapable.
    Vertix - Skaer - Kouthe
    Warrior - Rogue - Mage

NAJMG - Never Again Join Marshall's Guild

The orange circles are a pain only if you don't cleanse. Aoe cleanse the red debuffs. Make a "movement only" macro of cast Corrosive Spores cast Ruin cast Withering Vine(these should be bound separately aswell). Spam this macro as you move. As long as you cleanse, no one should be taking more than one tick of the orange. If they do this is not your fault.

For the spear lady stand on the center platform right on the boss. Boss doesn't cleave and you automatically avoid every one of the small blue balls that fly out in arcs. You might have to move two or three times for Evactuation(large blue circle placed on you), but this is minimal. Keep in mind you still would need to jump to a platform. Anyone dieing to spear + evacuation or spear + blue ball or evacuation + blue ball in quick succession is not your fault. Passive healing from lbv, withering vines and radiant spores should be enough to get people near topped from a single spear hit every 10~ seconds.

Soulwalker

usually don't have a problem healing at all, the occasional wipe if it's a bad pug but never not succeeded.

healing it is easy peezy if everyone moves fast enough and you get your aoe cleanse off as soon as the debuff comes up, which is were i see most groups wipe because this debuff is also a slow makeing it relatively hard to navigate the bubbles of death.

Plane Walker

no problem. High chance that either you need to l2p,your party needs to l2move or your gear is not up to date.
    Use Natural healing/withering to keep your group up, and save instants/florish for **** happen situations.
    Last edited by ReveBeck; 05-03-2013 at 03:38 AM.
    Ambroo- Apotheosys

Quote Originally Posted by Mausea View Post
    Only thing worth quoting in the OP (who is clearly not a very good chloromancer)... void life + moving = win.

Sorry to hear you're having troubles with this instance.

I don't know your play style or familiarity with healing, but I would suggest some/all of the following.

Obvious question, but are you running an optimal healing build, i.e. 61 chloro?

Always make sure Radiant Spores and Withering Vine are on your main target (and other targets (to a maximum of 3 for withering vines)) at all times outside of major tank healing. I'd suggest that Entropic Veil always be used for Withering Vine, toggling on and off for 1 gcd if charge is sparse shouldn't be a problem.

Wild Growth does offer some raid healing, as minimal as it is, it is still something, so don't count it out.

Heal the raid through damage-to-heal abilities before your direct heals when you can afford to, not only is this good practice, but it is more efficient.

And finally, don't be afraid to Buff swap between LBV and LGV. All tanks have cooldowns they can use, and LGV will help any situation where the raid is taking equal or more damage than the tank (be it player issue or raid spread damage). Toggling between LBV and LGV isn't as bad as some think, you can pre-cast Natures Touch or Vile Spores if you know those AEs are about to spawn. You can use Symbiosis on the tank as well as any direct healing they may need to make up for loss in synth heals.

Saying all this, there is however still a key point about AoF. For this boss there is a soft enrage, so the room filling with AEs is down to a lack of dps. If the room is full then it isn't on the healer, it'll be down to the dps.

Best of luck, hope this helped.

Regards
    Defendor :: Mage :: Greybriar
    :: Trinity ::

You need to manage your abilities for movement phases. You need to make sure Ruin and Corrosive Spores are both available, you shouldn't take more than 2 GCDs to move from safe spot to the next safe spot. Ensure Withering Vine is active on the boss and if possible adds also.

This is entirely an experience issue, it's completely doable.
    Nope.

The only time healing this dungeon is at all difficult is when people don't move out of the way of incoming damage. That said, nearly every pug I run with has people that can't seem to move quick enough. Given 300ms latency, 300ms reaction speed, 400ms to find someplace to move to, and 500ms to get there you're going to have people taking multiple ticks of damage. On the other hand, the average raider with 100ms latency, 250ms reaction speed, and only 250ms to get where he already has planned to go shouldn't have any problems at all with this or any other expert dungeon.

In other words, an expert dungeon is just that: for experts. Whether that's actually what Trion intends or not is a different question entirely. Somehow, I doubt they really meant experts to be that inaccessible to the average player but at the same time, changing the difficulty would make these dungeons extremely boring to most raiders. The key to success for a pug or those that have high latency, low reaction speed, or aren't familiar with the dungeon is to use the roles that Trion has setup: 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps, and 1 support healer such as a bard or defiler or even a partial chloro is the primary healer is a cleric. If you can do this, you'll find experts are much easier since most tank healing builds are a bit low on group heals and most group heal builds are a bit low on tank heals... the support is there to cover for you and make your job easier as a healer.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

After the last patch I notice, that the changes in AoF make a heal-role for Chloros there now useless. The chloro has not enough instant heals to keep the 5 men alive, when he needs to move around all the time.
    Ok, before the patch it was using a glitch, when all used safespots. But filling whole rooms with more or less deadly AoE to force all to move all the time is not the environment a chloro needs. So here the chloro is useless as full-healer, if the supporter is a chloro too. Or at the Big Crab: Movement all the time in the worst case.

So the LFG should be changed: Not only roles, but also classes have to be sorted.

At the moment groups give up in the moment they enter AoF and many chloros I know do not want to heal in this dungeon anymore...
    I remembure the chloro used tto have a low lvl chanle spell that was life damage and it was verry powerfull but they took it away. I get it if it was over powered but nurff it dont take it away. Iv had a really hard time playin that speck ever since.
    I forged this on Halo. Level design is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly D View Post
    I remembure the chloro used tto have a low lvl chanle spell that was life damage and it was verry powerfull but they took it away. I get it if it was over powered but nurff it dont take it away. Iv had a really hard time playin that speck ever since.
    Uh, no there was nothing taken away. You must be getting confused, unless you're talking about Stream of Reclamation which was utterly useless.
    Nope.

It's hard if your tank and DPS don't move.

Tell them to move.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Uh, no there was nothing taken away. You must be getting confused, unless you're talking about Stream of Reclamation which was utterly useless.
    You mean Stream of +40ish Charge, right? I miss that mostly useless ability
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

This whole post makes me sad. How does the OP think we did this when we first got level 60 with full greens/quest gear/ID relic leftovers? In fact us chloro's healed for even LESS back then too! The OP is either the worst chloro ever (lol I'm kidding, there is no way to judge he is actually the worst), or the best troll ever.

The biggest problem I see is that the OP is used to cheese method, and now is struggling with the actual mechanics of the fight. I blame the cheerers on this, actually i blame TRION for allowing these cheese methods to last for so long. They ruined the PUG casuals in the game by spoon feeding them loot and easy kills, meanwhile when they actually fix the encounters people cry that it is too hard or the class is broken or the fight is impossible without cheese.

OP: The chloro is perfect, it is not broke, and if you are not geared enough to handle the damage of the encounter then you should have someone go support heals. L2P - read a guide - enjoy the chloro.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Quote Originally Posted by Boodie View Post
    meanwhile when they actually fix the encounters people cry that it is too hard or the class is broken or the fight is impossible without .
    Reminds me of the worm boss in EI pre-SL

Only one burrow phase??? Psssssshhhh
    Formerly Manwitch.... 4/4 FT 5/5 EE 3/4 GA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast